Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Be There" series of photography talks presented by Hasselblad, Shirro Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Also, why is shooting buildings for pattern and artistic view different from the so called "architecture photography"? Its all about bringing out the qualities of the subjects you are shooting with images. If the building has some interesting patterns, lines, etc, they can be included in publications. Some people shoot buildings for documentation purposes, others developed an eye for spotting patterns in a more "artistic" manner. These don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    Yes...i must add on that shooting buildings are not soley for pattern and artistic view purposes. The photographs become tools to demonstrate the qualtiy of a space.e.g. a piazza, a lightwell. It further enhances the architect's concept of the building and how the space is being habited. I must say that architecture photography is much difficult than other photography like portrait photography where u can move the models.

Why architects are there for the talk? i suppose they are also curious on taking good photography that will tell their story better.

just my two cents....

how to get unlock key of the DI CD ???

Quote Originally Posted by centrino
    you should get it from a email when you install.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Also, why is shooting buildings for pattern and artistic view different from the so called "architecture photography"? Its all about bringing out the qualities of the subjects you are shooting with images. If the building has some interesting patterns, lines, etc, they can be included in publications. Some people shoot buildings for documentation purposes, others developed an eye for spotting patterns in a more "artistic" manner. These don't have to be mutually exclusive.

the 'intention' and purpose is different. you will see things differently and shoot differently simply because you have a diferent intention.

But it seems that I need a epson printer serial number to get that key...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    the 'intention' and purpose is different. you will see things differently and shoot differently simply because you have a diferent intention.
    That's why I mentioned some shoot for documentary sake and some don't. I understand that there are different intentions and their intended audiences but that doesn't means the results cannot cross paths. Ultimately, expressing the building qualities(be it its aesthetics, spacial qualities or lighting) is the goal. You can show what others can see and want to see. You can also show others what they can't see and surprise them. Its up to you actually, as long as you can put bread on the table. You can photograph buildings as they appear to be or you can see them as providers for countless photographic opportunities. Either way you see it, its still architectural photography.

After loading from the CD, click on the link in the box. Provide the info requested online (S/no is on the back of the cover paper.) You will receive the Unlock key thro your email.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    After loading from the CD, click on the link in the box. Provide the info requested online (S/no is on the back of the cover paper.) You will receive the Unlock key thro your email.
    Got it, thanks. Didn't notice there's one piece of paper inside the box and the S/N is at back of that paper.

Got it, thanks. Didn't notice there's one piece of paper inside the box and the S/N is at back of that paper.
    I also just got time to load it last night. Very informative e-book. Now thinkin of getting the full version! Or anyone gettin it? Can load on multiple PCs rite? Share share can?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12