Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

Default i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

According to the policeman, someone from the opposite block called them. what a waste of tax payers' $$! i wasnt even aiming my camera at the opposite block!
    I'm a cow with a camera

Default Re: i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    According to the policeman, someone from the opposite block called them. what a waste of tax payers' $$! i wasnt even aiming my camera at the opposite block!
    faint......i remember the longest lens you own is a 50mm.......

Default Re: i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

Paranoid people. Every little thing have to call police. Or is it they are hoping for some reward by a long shot. Sigh
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    faint......i remember the longest lens you own is a 50mm.......
    Ya lor. Currently, 50mm is my longest. I use my fat 11-16 to shoot just now. Maybe the person not happy my lens fatter than his/hers.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Paranoid people. Every little thing have to call police. Or is it they are hoping for some reward by a long shot. Sigh
    Precisely! my entire family woke up cos my dog barked madly when the doorbell rang.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Ya lor. Currently, 50mm is my longest. I use my fat 11-16 to shoot just now. Maybe the person not happy my lens fatter than his/hers.
    11-16 is "too wide" liao.

Surely you have included the complainant in some little corner in the frame, and can see his/her pixelised face when zoom in 800%. So thats why he/she is not happy.
    Yea, I'm kidding.
    Share the policeman's reaction leh.
    Last edited by ahbian; 11th August 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Precisely! my entire family woke up cos my dog barked madly when the doorbell rang.
    Later ur neighbor complain u again coz ur dog's barking wake them up! ... never ending vicious cycle
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

did you show the police what you took?
    if yes, can you do that everyday same time? tell the police you are doing a ONE year project of sunrise at your window.....

till the police get sick and refuse to take their call?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i know already, you using your 11-16 at widest end, it was your next door neighbour that complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if yes, can you do that everyday same time? tell the police you are doing a ONE year project of sunrise at your window.....

TS may get ban from photography at home before the police get sick

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    11-16 is "too wide" liao.

Surely you have included the complainant in some little corner in the frame, and can see his/her pixelised face when zoom in 800%. So thats why he/she is not happy.
    Yea, I'm kidding.
    Share the policeman's reaction leh.
    when they arrived,my camera was still mounted on the tripod. I showed them all the photos and one shook his head in disbelief,another laughed. Then they told me,next time turn off the lights then shoot lor. I told them,i can't find my toothbrush in the dark,must turn on the lights. After that,they left.
    Last edited by cowmera; 11th August 2010 at 09:47 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

actually, whenever i open the windows and take pictures, i also afraid people from the opposite block will think i am trying to take them and report police.

so what happend when the police is at your house, did you open the door for them to come in and inspect your photos?

Or did the policeman share some tips of taking photos witht the right setting? just kidding.
    Last edited by takengo2003; 11th August 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    Later ur neighbor complain u again coz ur dog's barking wake them up! ... never ending vicious cycle
    luckily, my neighbours r ok with my dog.
    I'm a cow with a camera

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

That means i must wake up early everyday for a year? ya,i showed them the photos. poor policemen,got to handle all these nonsense.
    I'm a cow with a camera

when they arrived,my camera was still mounted on the tripod. I showed them all the photos and one shook his head in disbelief,another laugh. Then they told me,next time turn off the lights then shoot lor. I told them,i can't find my toothbrush in the dark,must turn on the lights. After that,they left.

You are sooooo cute.
    You mean u set ur tripod etc then go find toothbrush is it?
    so while waiting u can brush ur teeth!?
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

just wonder what will happen if the policeman saw some picture aiming specifically at one of the opposite windows.
    I am sure some people will do that, and do a 100% crop to see the IQ if their pictures. I think bros here better think twice if want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    TS may get ban from photography at home before the police get sick
    Quote Originally Posted by takengo2003 View Post
    actually, whenever i open the windows and take pictures, i also afraid people from the opposite block will think i am trying to take them and report police.

so what happend when the police is at your house, did you open the door for them to come in and inspect your photos?

Or did the policeman share some tips of taking photos witht the right setting? just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by takengo2003 View Post
    just wonder what will happen if the policeman saw some picture aiming specifically at one of the opposite windows.
    I am sure some people will do that, and do a 100% crop to see the IQ if their pictures. I think bros here better think twice if want to do that.
    I wonder what will happen if i try shooting in a bikini!
    I'm a cow with a camera

That means i must wake up early everyday for a year? ya,i showed them the photos. poor policemen,got to handle all these nonsense.
    why not, before long, you will the "queen of sunrise" in CS.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    You are sooooo cute.
    You mean u set ur tripod etc then go find toothbrush is it?
    so while waiting u can brush ur teeth!?
    Nope,i washed up before i set up everything. Was trying to lighten the mood by joking with them.
    I'm a cow with a camera

The best is to show the police the pics you shoot.
    Maybe the police will "charge" them for "false alarm"??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast