Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

  1. #1

    Default where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    anyone?

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by dark cloud View Post
    anyone?
    You can organize one yourself, or go there yourself. Why must go with outing?

  3. #3

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by dark cloud View Post
    anyone?
    Go organize yourself. Or go by yourself. Why do you need escorts? Besides, we have a whole "Gatherings and Outings" forum section, why don't you look there??
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    If you organize, I am very sure that there'll be someone who will join

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    anyone can start an outing,

    you may start a thread in Gatherings and Outings to state you wish to go for a small group outing, some old timers may willing to help you, and just keep it sample and enjoy.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Guys, be nice, TS is a new member here, not familiar how things work here, perhaps TS prefer to be a follower at this moment.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Maybe you can try organising? Or maybe you can just go with your friends??

  8. #8
    Member kaylan2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    TS, don't get offended.

    I hv a different suggestion, just go to Punggol point during any weekends evening and you will find few already there. Just join them and have your outing. Many or say most camera kakis are very friendly, except those snobbish professionals. Just approach them and say you are new and want to learn from them.... thats it!!

    Let us know whether it worked or not.

    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

  9. #9
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by dark cloud View Post
    anyone?
    U can do it urself in gatherings/outing section or even an informal one under kopitiam
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    It's not hard to get there la. Bus #82 will get you right to the doorstep of the jetty. Just walk down and the beach is there. The beach is not very big also...

  11. #11

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    if lazy take bus then take cab also can
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

  12. #12
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by mimik07 View Post
    if lazy take bus then take cab also can
    Or take MRT to punggol station, then take bus #82 also can.

  13. #13

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Guys, be nice, TS is a new member here, not familiar how things work here, perhaps TS prefer to be a follower at this moment.
    Second this!

  14. #14
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    TS, I can organize one, and leave a spot for you to come. But you must come. Cannot back out.

    You can also bring your D3s, and the 17-50 mounted on it. We can see what is the problem with your 17-50 zoom ring.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 11th August 2010 at 04:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Guys, be nice, TS is a new member here, not familiar how things work here, perhaps TS prefer to be a follower at this moment.

    Perhaps TS posting is abit crude thereby getting crude replies but still its should be
    replied in a nice way though.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  16. #16

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Perhaps TS posting is abit crude thereby getting crude replies but still its should be
    replied in a nice way though.
    Crude posting does not mean to be replying in a crude way, do you?!

  17. #17
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    TS, don't have to be shy or reserved. You are always welcomed to organise an outing here. Or start a conversation with photographers at punggol beach.

    DD123 made a good proposal for you to hitchhike on his outing
    The best things in life are free.

  18. #18

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    just be nice, give people benefit of doubt.

    we were all new once.

    TS -

    1) if you afraid you don't know the way, it is not hard, one straight road down. you can use eikin's map and walk from punggol mrt, i used to do that when i had a lot of free time. if you can't find the link, sound out here.

    2) if you are horrible at using maps, just take bus 82 from front of punggol mrt, or wherever is convenient for you. when the bus start doing a bus style whatever-point turn, that is when you get down, at the end of the road at a place that looks like where civilisation ends in singapore. the beach with all the rocks that you usually see is to the left. note that you might need to climb down drain, i have a phobia of heights but i handle it fine, so you can tell how relatively safe it is. just test the rocks you have to place your feet on first, before planting them on and putting your weight on them.

    3) if you still scared, wait for someone to organise outing. sooner or later will have.

    sorry that i can't offer to organise outing, i always believe that landscape outings are optimally a 2 person routine, at most 3. i usually shoot with riotvan here these days, so i guess there is no room for anyone else unless i know them well.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    First, let me welcome you to CS . . .

    You may wish to start by joining some outings under the 'Gathering and Outing Forum'.

    We are bunch of interesting people here . . .

    Most importantly, shoot more cos digital is FREE.

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: where got organise outing to punggol beach?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    just be nice, give people benefit of doubt.

    we were all new once.

    TS -

    1) if you afraid you don't know the way, it is not hard, one straight road down. you can use eikin's map and walk from punggol mrt, i used to do that when i had a lot of free time. if you can't find the link, sound out here.

    2) if you are horrible at using maps, just take bus 82 from front of punggol mrt, or wherever is convenient for you. when the bus start doing a bus style whatever-point turn, that is when you get down, at the end of the road at a place that looks like where civilisation ends in singapore. the beach with all the rocks that you usually see is to the left. note that you might need to climb down drain, i have a phobia of heights but i handle it fine, so you can tell how relatively safe it is. just test the rocks you have to place your feet on first, before planting them on and putting your weight on them.

    3) if you still scared, wait for someone to organise outing. sooner or later will have.

    sorry that i can't offer to organise outing, i always believe that landscape outings are optimally a 2 person routine, at most 3. i usually shoot with riotvan here these days, so i guess there is no room for anyone else unless i know them well.
    Don't have to go down the drain if the tide is not high. There is a flight of stairs by the right side of the jetty that goes down to the beach. Just note that there is heavy construction going on at the jetty, so you may not be able to see it. You will see this small police post, just walk past it and it will open up to a jetty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •