Thread: Poster size pic..

Default Poster size pic..

Hi to all..lets say that i got a 3megapixals picture and i cropped till the size is 1.5megapixals... Need to know is there a software if i want to print the 1.5megapixals photo to a poster size? A fren told me theres a software So that u won't lose the quality of the picture.. Anyone can help..or know any shops can do it.. Thanks in advance..

Default Re: Poster size pic..

You can resize using photoshop, and use interpolation to try to maintain the detail, but no, you will not get a true "no loss of detail" upscaling. Your "fren" (I'm guessing you mean friend) is wrong.
    Alpha

I have done prints with 8mp for A1 and 12mp for A0 which are decent enough.

3mp is good enough for A4. If you crop to 1.5mp and resize to poster (assuming A1 size), chances are it will be very pixelated.

Thanks for the reply.. Than what is the best size for a 1.5 megapixal can be printed on..

Blog Entries

You can use this software called Genuine Fractals by onOne software. One of the best interpolation resizing softwares out there. But you will lose some details no matter what. You friend is pulling your leg.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=7
    Last edited by daredevil123; 10th August 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Hi thanks for the info... Will check it out..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You can use this software called Genuine Fractals by onOne software. One of the best interpolation resizing softwares out there. But you will lose some details no matter what. You friend is pulling your leg.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=7