Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metalheads

Default Re: Metalheads

Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    While there is a small community of metal lovers around, sad to say I believe it will die out soon. Amongst my generation(I am 20 now) its all about rap, hiphop, R&B, Kpop and the likes.....

Bands like Loudness, Xjapan, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica are all virtual unknowns in my social circles.....

P.S
    Iron Maiden's new track: El Dorado is out for download! Download at the Maiden webby, new album is slated for release on the 16th August!!!

P.S.S
    Xjapan's new album is definitely in the works, after so many years, Yoshiki better not give us a 12 song album with 6 re-arranged/re-recorded material!
    Metal will never die, it is an underground genre and will remain this way. Since 07, many metal bands had performed in SG including Megadeth and Dreamtheater. The current tread in metal these days I think its going in the direction of metalcore. Bands like Trivium, As I l Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage are enjoying some attention.

Can't wait for Maiden's new album. Will check out their website later.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Draconian sounds pretty good!

Who can forget Sepultura? Brazil isnt just about football & girls in tiny bikinis

Jim carrey with Cannibal Corpse
    Glad you find Draconian enjoyable. I think they are really good and is an underrated band. I was really lucky to find their CDs at Gramophone a few years back. If you have time, search for the lyrics, they're really good. eg Bloodflower's opening line 'I've made a good living by dying' waaa how hardcore can one get?! Puts those emo songs to shame!

My Fav Sepultura song:

Fav Cavalera Conspiracy song:
    Last edited by afbug; 13th August 2010 at 02:45 AM.

Hey dudes!

Check out this girl guitarist from Japan doing a cover of RIOT- Thundersteel.

She is awesome!

It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Truth be told, dont really like the newer bands. I thought the older Trivium material was way too fast and complicated for its own good. Prefer the newest album Shogun. I still prefer the older bands like Maiden and some of the Scandinavian bands, Bodom being one of my favorites of all time.

Btw, I think this thread has one of the best Views:replies ratio Small but overwhelmingly passionate group!

Dont know why but embedding doesnt work for me(any bros can help to embed? TIA!), for people who are open to guys in dresses playing pretty good music....check this out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cF4VtqMJKg
    Last edited by mrhobbit; 13th August 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yeah man. Absolutely.

My fave events: Guns and Roses .......
    NNOOooooo !!!!!!! ..... thats wannabe kiddie metal
    Last edited by ed9119; 13th August 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

oh yea, back then I used to listed to a lot of black metal

One of my fave was from Norway, Mayhem, my mom & gfs couldnt stand it when they hear it blasting in me room

Oh yea, who could forget Cradle Of Filth? Very successful english metal band
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 13th August 2010 at 02:29 PM.

HOW I WISH THERE WILL BE SOMETHING LIKE THE BIG FOUR HAPPEN HERE IN SINGAPORE, REMEmBER THE BILL FRONTED BY SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX AND TESTAMENT FEW/LAST MONTH AGO? \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    oh yea, back then I used to listed to a lot of black metal

One of my fave was from Norway, Mayhem, my mom & gfs couldnt stand it when they hear it blasting in me room

Oh yea, who could forget Cradle Of Filth? Very successful english metal band
    yes, along with Dimmu Borgir, i think they're the new flag bearer of Black Metal nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    NNOOooooo !!!!!!! ..... thats wannabe kiddie metal
    wah, u talked bad about gun's and roses. u not scare flaming?
    Objection !!!

Truth be told, dont really like the newer bands. I thought the older Trivium material was way too fast and complicated for its own good. Prefer the newest album Shogun. I still prefer the older bands like Maiden and some of the Scandinavian bands, Bodom being one of my favorites of all time.

Btw, I think this thread has one of the best Views:replies ratio Small but overwhelmingly passionate group!

Dont know why but embedding doesnt work for me(any bros can help to embed? TIA!), for people who are open to guys in dresses playing pretty good music....check this out....

here the embedded vid

RIP - Jasmine You (2009)

My fav song is

X-japan has a great history, Versailles has a great future!

Trivium is considered metalcore but I like all of their albums, even thrash style The Crusade. They are not too bad la.

To embed vids, just click on 'quote' on any of the posts that have videos and see the BB code or read here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#vid

Quote Originally Posted by duffydufs View Post
    HOW I WISH THERE WILL BE SOMETHING LIKE THE BIG FOUR HAPPEN HERE IN SINGAPORE, REMEmBER THE BILL FRONTED BY SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX AND TESTAMENT FEW/LAST MONTH AGO? \m/
    I think the big American 4, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax played in Europe not too long ago. Metal's core audience is still Europe and America, so for them to make it to SG is a bit hard at the moment.
    Last edited by afbug; 14th August 2010 at 01:05 AM.

Here is a kinda 'weird' metal song to me but I like it; The Dillinger Escape Plan's Black Bubblegum

Hey Metal lovers, Iron Maiden's lastest album; The Final Frontier is out! Its a bit like their previous, quite good and so its worth buying.

The title; The Final Frontier might have a meaning.

Steve Harris once said that he would like to stop at 15 albums, maybe throw in 1-2 more and this is the 15th. So....but then he said this few years back and other members might not want to stop. The opening track: 'Satellite 15... The Final Frontier' might have quite a meaning.

I think Maiden will make 2-3 more albums before stopping.

A nice wallpaper!

Got the Final Frontier today!
    Awesome album imo, good to know even at this age, they are still trying new styles and songs, its all metal, but its different!

Go get yours today!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Here is a kinda 'weird' metal song to me but I like it; The Dillinger Escape Plan's Black Bubblegum

Its not weird. Its called math metal. LOL! I prefer the older songs because it is a bit more straightforward and just pure angry stuff. The newer albums were a little different (more off beat timing and complexity) and somewhat not to my liking.

Anyone here into Brain Drill? I would call them the most unncessary metal band ever existed.

wa!!!! buy buy buy! Maiden new album! Need to hop down to get it soon!

hmm.......any1 into blackened death metal?? behemoth perhaps?? i am into cob.......Are You Dead Yet is one of my favourites..........for megadeth i like sweating bullet......and i also happen to like ALESTORM!!!!!

a7x any1?? they seems to be more hard rock than metal.....

Quote Originally Posted by chinghang View Post
    hmm.......any1 into blackened death metal?? behemoth perhaps?? i am into cob.......Are You Dead Yet is one of my favourites..........for megadeth i like sweating bullet......and i also happen to like ALESTORM!!!!!

a7x any1?? they seems to be more hard rock than metal.....
    yeah a7x is mre hard rock but its guitar solos sre not bad. RIP to their drummer.

Heavy metal has such a wide range of sub genres. I have yet to hear any blackend death metal music...

try the band behemoth......they are blackened death metal........

got the final frontier today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast