Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    願天下為人子女常反思!

    Video Missing
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  2. #2

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    there was a german or russian version, someone posted before.
    Objection !!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    wah, watch already lau bud sai wor

  4. #4
    Member jphua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    very touching story.

    hope youngsters nowadays could learn from this clip

  5. #5
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    The young generation will learn from their own observation of what we do ourselves.
    A good reminder on a significant day.

  6. #6

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    願天下為人子女常反思!


    and not regret when 子欲养而亲不在
    HTC DHD rox 非澹泊无以明志, 非宁静无以致远 ☯ ♋ Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    is derived from 老 + 子.

  8. #8

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    儒家的所有一切學問落實就是《弟子規》一部优秀的古典教育作品。
    是我们教育孩子和自己德行的最好教材。

  9. #9

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Hmmm... I like the SG version one better.

  10. #10

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    儒家的所有一切學問落實就是《弟子規》一部优秀的古典教育作品。
    是我们教育孩子和自己德行的最好教材。
    and my nephew's school actually teach them this starting from pri 1

  11. #11
    Member jphua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    and my nephew's school actually teach them this starting from pri 1
    i reckon that, all these must start from young age. at least all these knowledges is inisde their head.

    not until when they are older, by then it will fall outside their ears.

  12. #12
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by jphua View Post
    very touching story.

    hope youngsters nowadays could learn from this clip
    Learn?
    I'm not an original singaporean.
    1996 my first time in Singapore with my parents. Take MRT got ppl got up and let my parents have their seats even when my parents said only one stop.

    2008 my wifey pregnant heading towards HDB car park lift. Got 1 young gal kept the door open for her.
    When inside the lift, the mother scolded the daughter in dialect, thinking me and wife dun understand: "Next time hold the lift for your own family only...."

    2010 My parents visiting me here in singapore. Took their grand daughter for her first MRT ride. I heard from my mum that she had to carry her grand daughter while standing in MRT all the way 5 - 6 stations.

    Youngsters here will learn? Have a nice dream.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  13. #13
    Member jphua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Learn?
    I'm not an original singaporean.
    1996 my first time in Singapore with my parents. Take MRT got ppl got up and let my parents have their seats even when my parents said only one stop.

    2008 my wifey pregnant heading towards HDB car park lift. Got 1 young gal kept the door open for her.
    When inside the lift, the mother scolded the daughter in dialect, thinking me and wife dun understand: "Next time hold the lift for your own family only...."

    2010 My parents visiting me here in singapore. Took their grand daughter for her first MRT ride. I heard from my mum that she had to carry her grand daughter while standing in MRT all the way 5 - 6 stations.

    Youngsters here will learn? Have a nice dream.

    hahahaha... i know it hard, tat's why i said "hope"

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Learn?
    I'm not an original singaporean.
    1996 my first time in Singapore with my parents. Take MRT got ppl got up and let my parents have their seats even when my parents said only one stop.

    2008 my wifey pregnant heading towards HDB car park lift. Got 1 young gal kept the door open for her.
    When inside the lift, the mother scolded the daughter in dialect, thinking me and wife dun understand: "Next time hold the lift for your own family only...."

    2010 My parents visiting me here in singapore. Took their grand daughter for her first MRT ride. I heard from my mum that she had to carry her grand daughter while standing in MRT all the way 5 - 6 stations.

    Youngsters here will learn? Have a nice dream.

    In 1996, foreigners made up not more 10% of the entire population
    In 2010, the comparable figure is in the 40% region.
    Go figure.

    BTW, I carried my daughter (<1 year) twice on the MRT in 2010.
    Both times, young ladies offered their seats to me.
    Maybe our experiences differ

  15. #15
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: When you grow up, would you take care of me?(你長大後,養不養我)

    Quote Originally Posted by CTN View Post
    In 1996, foreigners made up not more 10% of the entire population
    In 2010, the comparable figure is in the 40% region.
    Go figure.
    Yeah, you got the point there.

    The service was top notch, cleanliness was numero Uno (heck I can't remember seeing a single fly during my first visit), people were very polite, geared towards excellence, etc.. etc...

    Now?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •