Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LEE Filter System

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Yes, they are cheaper than Lee. TK foto brings them in. You can check prices with them.
    Does the diff brands have their own filter holders? Or it's universal?

Default Re: LEE Filter System

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    it is based on the size of the filters.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Blog Entries

Lee holders are 100mm wide. So any filter from any brand that are 100mm wide will fit.

Lee holders are 100mm wide. So any filter from any brand that are 100mm wide will fit.
    But if so, does that mean that I can get holders of other brands which is cheaper if they fit 100mm as well? Will there be any cons for going the cheaper way?

Ok looks like there isn't really any cons as it's just the holder, won't affect the photos.

Blog Entries

But if so, does that mean that I can get holders of other brands which is cheaper if they fit 100mm as well? Will there be any cons for going the cheaper way?
    There are some potential issues, if you use filters with foam gaskets like the Big stopper. You need to make sure the foam gaskets will seal out light properly on the other brands' holders.

Actually other than the features of the holder, the construction of the holder also matters. I don't think you will want to scratch your filters on some nameless holders which is too tight (even thou the size is correct).
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Actually other than the features of the holder, the construction of the holder also matters. I don't think you will want to scratch your filters on some nameless holders which is too tight (even thou the size is correct).
    actually the holders are all pretty much constructed the same. the scratch will happen even on name brand holders and the scratches do not matter.

actually the holders are all pretty much constructed the same. the scratch will happen even on name brand holders and the scratches do not matter.
    Cos the scratched part won't be used in taking your picture anyway right? Just that I guess it will lose valuability when you want to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Cos the scratched part won't be used in taking your picture anyway right? Just that I guess it will lose valuability when you want to sell?
    The only part I disliked about too tight holders is that it will force me to leave fingerprints on it everytime I take the filter out...I'm actually fine with the scratch at the sides.

I try my best not to sell stuffs therefore I normally take a long time to decide on whether to buy or not, so valuability does not matter too much.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Just got a 2nd hand set of cokin filters to try out. Decided that i should go for the cheaper option since im just starting out. Maybe will upgrade later when i realise i have to. Hopefully there'll be some good results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    The only part I disliked about too tight holders is that it will force me to leave fingerprints on it everytime I take the filter out...I'm actually fine with the scratch at the sides.

I try my best not to sell stuffs therefore I normally take a long time to decide on whether to buy or not, so valuability does not matter too much.
    You can still avoid fingerprints if you remove the filters by holding the edges even if they are tight.

You can still avoid fingerprints if you remove the filters by holding the edges even if they are tight.
    Pardon the OT... But i smell an innuendo here

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I guess it depends on how tight the filter is? i mean maybe some people really have to leave fingerprints in order to get the filter out?

I guess it depends on how tight the filter is? i mean maybe some people really have to leave fingerprints in order to get the filter out?
    zzzz. you can just wipe off the filter with a cloth. are you that lazy?

err.... how about putting on rubber gloves?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i totally wouldnt mind wiping off the fingerprints. its because SkyStrike mentioned that he would leave fingerprints on his filters thats why i said it depends how tight the filter is.

i totally wouldnt mind wiping off the fingerprints. its because SkyStrike mentioned that he would leave fingerprints on his filters thats why i said it depends how tight the filter is.
    i feel that tight is better than loose. you won't want the filter slipping out especially if you don't remove it while carrying it around

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    eh, just to clarify, I still wipe it after leaving fingerprints hor...I only find the fingerprints irritating, cos I have the tendency to put on and off filters many times in a short timeframe. E.g. Walk to this spot, put the filter on, happy happy walk to another, need to remove it, then shoot, cycle repeat.

I now leave the filter ON the holder and if I need it, just turn it in....Find it easier that way since most of the time I only use GND...(btw, I'm not using the high end filter systems that are discussed in this thread. Just a cheapo China one and the holder that comes with it really give me a hard time....may replace it soon)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456