Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LEE Filter System

Default Re: LEE Filter System

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I have been trying to hunt down a filter pouch for 100mm filters. For 100x100mm, no problem, can use a CD case. problem is 100x150mm GND. No pouches available so far. You can only get it from USA or UK.... I am going to make one myself... see how it works out.
    Perhaps you can try the 3-filter wrap by LEE

I have been trying to hunt down a filter pouch for 100mm filters. For 100x100mm, no problem, can use a CD case. problem is 100x150mm GND. No pouches available so far. You can only get it from USA or UK.... I am going to make one myself... see how it works out.

Ic, pls share to us when u make it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gnohz View Post
    Perhaps you can try the 3-filter wrap by LEE
    I have 4 filters. I wanted to get the LEE filter wallet. But TK don't sell it. And I haven't gone to CP to ask for them yet. But looking at the price, it is very very overprices. Adorama has a good one that is quite cheap. But how to order?

Ah quick question , anyone using the Hitech 0.9 ND with Lee filters and holders ? Cos its only available in 4x4 , thinking it should work to cover the areas right ?

Anyway did a quick check , ordering the Lee Filters + Foundation kit online shld be cheaper by 40-50 bucks , after factoring shipping fees of 50 bucks. But there seems to be limited stocks in Amazon and b&H
    Last edited by Atarandas; 11th August 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Alpha and Omega

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atarandas View Post
    Ah quick question , anyone using the Hitech 0.9 ND with Lee filters and holders ? Cos its only available in 4x4 , thinking it should work to cover the areas right ?

Anyway did a quick check , ordering the Lee Filters shld be cheaper by 40-50 bucks , after factoring shipping fees of 50 bucks. But there seems to be limited stocks in Amazon and b&H
    I have the 0.9ND. I thought LEE ND is same size?

I have the 0.9ND. I thought LEE ND is same size?
    Oops i think I could have confused myself over the GND and ND sizes. I tot the NDs will be the same size as the GNDs which is 100x150mm.

So am I correct to say the NDs are 100x100mm as we do not need to shift the position of the NDs in the holder ? Haha .. I think i might have answered my question =S
    Alpha and Omega

Oops i think I could have confused myself over the GND and ND sizes. I tot the NDs will be the same size as the GNDs which is 100x150mm.

So am I correct to say the NDs are 100x100mm as we do not need to shift the position of the NDs in the holder ? Haha .. I think i might have answered my question =S
    Consider doing MO? We can all share the shipping
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    Consider doing MO? We can all share the shipping
    MO for Hitech filters ah ? I already got the Lee holders , just need to get one more ND 0.9 heh .
    Alpha and Omega

I have 4 filters. I wanted to get the LEE filter wallet. But TK don't sell it. And I haven't gone to CP to ask for them yet. But looking at the price, it is very very overprices. Adorama has a good one that is quite cheap. But how to order?

If I'm not wrong, TK only has the 3-filter pouch and not the 10-filter one. It may be out of stock now though... Compared to the 10-filter pouch, the price of the 3-filter one is more reasonable

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gnohz View Post
    If I'm not wrong, TK only has the 3-filter pouch and not the 10-filter one. It may be out of stock now though... Compared to the 10-filter pouch, the price of the 3-filter one is more reasonable
    TK doesn't even have the 3 filter pouch. They ask me to consider using a CD case or improvise...

TK doesn't even have the 3 filter pouch. They ask me to consider using a CD case or improvise...
    I think they're not bringing it in anymore bah...

Guys, I found a soft cloth material pouch (sized for PnS cams) at the Challenger. The size is just about the size of Hitech 100 GND filters (100X150). Can be used to store one filter (since only one opening). Price is about 12 ++ for non members. Not cheap I know...

The cloth material looks similar to those for cleaning screens/lenses - cannot confirm on this.

This is just in case you are looking for other options while waiting for the right pouch to come along. For me, I might consider getting more of this pouch when I have more filters and then find a hardcover casing for all the filters... Or modify the DVD casing...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 11th August 2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Guys, I found a soft cloth material pouch (sized for PnS cams) at the Challenger. The size is just about the size of Hitech 100 GND filters (100X150). Can be used to store one filter (since only one opening). Price is about 12 ++ for non members. Not cheap I know...

The cloth material looks similar to those for cleaning screens/lenses - cannot confirm on this.

This is just in case you are looking for other options while waiting for the right pouch to come along. For me, I might consider getting more of this pouch when I have more filters and then find a hardcover casing for all the filters... Or modify the DVD casing...

Think the alternative is to buy big pieces of micro fiber cloths and sew them into sleeves that can hold filters and put them in a normal pouch. But it will look ugly.

Still dont understand why the original filters dont come with proper protection woot.

My friend is telling me that Hitech filters scratches easily. Another is saying that minor scratches dont affect the picture output . Any feedback ?
    Alpha and Omega

Blog Entries

Think the alternative is to buy big pieces of micro fiber cloths and sew them into sleeves that can hold filters and put them in a normal pouch. But it will look ugly.

Still dont understand why the original filters dont come with proper protection woot.

My friend is telling me that Hitech filters scratches easily. Another is saying that minor scratches dont affect the picture output . Any feedback ?
    All slotted filters made of resin will scratch quite easy. The same goes for Cokin, or LEE filters made of resin. The glass ones are very very much more expensive, and are only offered as an option for NDs in LEE, or the very expensive Schneider optics label (makers of B+W)

All slotted filters made of resin will scratch quite easy. The same goes for Cokin, or LEE filters made of resin. The glass ones are very very much more expensive, and are only offered as an option for NDs in LEE, or the very expensive Schneider optics label (makers of B+W)
    Ic , then just have to wrap it with cloth every time handling it then lol.
    Alpha and Omega

Blog Entries

Ic , then just have to wrap it with cloth every time handling it then lol.
    ya. But it gets very much harder to handle when shooting in the dark during surises...

ya. But it gets very much harder to handle when shooting in the dark during surises...
    So, there is a need to label them? Glow in the dark letters.... hmmm....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    So, there is a need to label them? Glow in the dark letters.... hmmm....
    I used to label. Certainly helps. That's why I prefer to have one folder where I store them all in a certain order, so I know exactly what filter I am pulling out in the dark.

I used to label. Certainly helps. That's why I prefer to have one folder where I store them all in a certain order, so I know exactly what filter I am pulling out in the dark.
    Got a silly question for you guys. Don't you carry a flashlight with you when you shoot in the dark? It comes intuitively to me 'cos when I hike in the mountains in the dark, I most certainly need one.

If I'm not wrong, micro scratches will develop but will not have much impact on the resulting image. Singh Ray filters tend to scratch more easily

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast