Thread: Taiwan Trip

Default Taiwan Trip

Hi all, I will be going to Taiwan this weekend for a relaxing trip~ I only bought lens from HongKong before and knew that in HongKong the selling price is also nett price without any addtional tax on the item. But how about buying camera accessories in Taiwan? Was thinking to get a camera bag since I'll be travelling there. Will there is any additional charge?

Any bros have any recomendation which area to shop, I'll staying at Taipei the whole trip.
    D90[+]Nikon 105mm & SB400
    My flickr

Default Re: Taiwan Trip

Need some help~ I tried browse internet for info. of buying Thinktank Streetwalker Pro in Taiwan but cant get any sources. Anyone know if Taiwan carry this bag???

Quote Originally Posted by JC1808 View Post
    Hi all, I will be going to Taiwan this weekend for a relaxing trip~ I only bought lens from HongKong before and knew that in HongKong the selling price is also nett price without any addtional tax on the item. But how about b~ uying camera accessories in Taiwan? Was thinking to get a camera bag since I'll be travelling there. Will there is any additional charge?
    Any bros have any recomendation which area+to+shop,+I'll+staying+at+Taipei+the+whole+tri p.

er , maybe you should post thread at backpackers.com.tw/forum/ or twbbs if you know Chinese
    Last edited by lusia; 12th August 2010 at 03:48 PM.

There is a camera street near Tapei railway station call 开封街. Try looking out there. Camera stuff are not necessary cheap unless on offer. Enjoy your trip.
    Nikon D4 | AF-S 50mm 1.4G | AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (2.9x) | AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED | SB900

Quote Originally Posted by lusia View Post
    er , maybe you should post thread at backpackers.com.tw/forum/ or twbbs if you know Chinese
    Quote Originally Posted by lloh108 View Post
    There is a camera street near Tapei railway station call 开封街. Try looking out there. Camera stuff are not necessary cheap unless on offer. Enjoy your trip.
    Thanks for the replies.

Knew that there is a "camera street" (相机街) near Tapei railway station call 博爱路, I think the 开封街 is somewhere there also, I will have a walk around there.
    My flickr

Thanks for the replies.

Knew that there is a "camera street" (相机街) near Tapei railway station call 博爱路, I think the 开封街 is somewhere there also, I will have a walk around there.
    You may be able to gauge the price of photography items at www.dcview.com.tw

Just came back from Taiwan and happy able to buy the Thinktank Streetpro at 汉口街1段 shop name "映像摄影器材". This shop carry all sorts of Thinktank products. The Streetpro bag I bought slight cheaper then here in Sg ^ . ^.
    My flickr

got my gitzo tripod there. the tax should be included in the price already. Also make sure that the shop have the tax refund logo. They will issue you a tax refund slip for claims at the airport. When i bought my tripod the person told me can use the receipt for tax refund but was rejected by the custom at the airport.

I came back from Taiwan last week. But i went to Bo Ai Street instead. Got my TAMRON 18-200mm F3.5-F6.3 (IF) XR Di-II LD ASP (Macro) there.

Here's some of the photo that I've taken.

Taoyuan Night Market

Taoyuan Street

Cont

Quote Originally Posted by bbelviss56 View Post
    I will be going to Taiwan this weekend for a relaxing trip~ I only bought lens from HongKong before and knew that in HongKong the selling price is also nett price without any addtional tax on the item. But how about buying camera accessories in Taiwan.
    If you pay by credit card there would be additional tax. You should be able to get the tax rebate but you need to get the rebate form from the shop that u bought the item.

*Min rebate amt: NT3000 (in a single receipt)
    Canon EOS 550D + Canon Zoom Lens 18-55mm + Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-f6.3

Nice TW photos you have alan26.

I like the " blue sky of Taiwan " !! Dont really find Singapore sky that blue......

Here's are some shots I told with Panasonic LX3. Just point & shoot.

LOVE THE BLUE SKY~~
    My flickr

Tks JC1808 , I like their sky too.
    Canon EOS 550D + Canon Zoom Lens 18-55mm + Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-f6.3

Sorry TS... to use your thread

But does anyone here thinks its a good idea to visit the Taipei Zoo. Will be going there in mid Dec... thinking of getting photos of the Panda bears.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Hi all, I will be going to Taiwan this weekend for a relaxing trip~ I only bought lens from HongKong before and knew that in HongKong the selling price is also nett price without any addtional tax on the item. But how about buying camera accessories in Taiwan? Was thinking to get a camera bag since I'll be travelling there. Will there is any additional charge?

Any bros have any recomendation which area to shop, I'll staying at Taipei the whole trip.
    I went to the 相機街also...visited my favourite shop 環球攝影器材..at 開封街..bought my Kata 3N1-20, BlackBird Fly Camera there...very friendly..I miss them...haha
    Dezmund Soh
    S5Pro/D90/Nik50/Tam17-50/Tam90MACRO/Tok12-24/Tok10.5-17FE/EX1/Sig50-150

Hi
    I will be going to Taiwan this weekend.
    Is the price for buying lens there cheaper than singapore?

is it worth to bring DSLR there or just a lumix lx3 good enuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jwpoon View Post
    Hi
    I will be going to Taiwan this weekend.
    Is the price for buying lens there cheaper than singapore?
    Hi jwpoon,

I not sure about the lens, but I think is better that you do some homework first( check the price ot the lens selling in Singapore) so is easy for you at there to judge if worth it to buy. Dont forget to ask if the lens warranty is it "international warranty".

Enjoy your trip in Taiwan.
    Last edited by JC1808; 2nd September 2010 at 10:18 PM.
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mickoe View Post
    is it worth to bring DSLR there or just a lumix lx3 good enuff?
    Hi Mickoe,

It all depend, for my recent trip, ony plan to have a relaxing, sight seeing normal travelling with my friend so not going to carry the big bulky DSLR all day....just a PnS LX3 camera is enough.

My flickr