Thread: Mac question -- Shift-click doesn't work!

Default Mac question -- Shift-click doesn't work!

Thot I might just ask here cos I have read several Mac forums and didn't find a solution!

I need to select multiple files on Finder. According to the forums, I should be able to Shift click the 1st and last file, and Mac will also select the files in between. Just like Win.

But try as I might, I can't do it! My Shift key functions like the Command key. It allows selection one by one only.

Am I missing something here? I'm using Snow Leopard and a wireless Apple keyboard.

I know I can click and drag but that's not practical cos I need to select a huge number of files and some of them are hidden from view, ie off screen.

Thanks for any suggestion!

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mac question -- Shift-click doesn't work!

Are you in list view?

I am in the "icon" view.

I tried the other 3 views, ie List, Column and Cover Flow, indeed, the Shift-key allows multiple selection!

Is there a reason why it won't work in the Icon view? That's the one I used most commonly cos it allows me to see my images clearly. So I know which ones I want to be selected.

Yes it doesn't work in Icon view. I guess the workaround for this would be to use your keyboard to do the selection instead of the mouse. Just select the file and hold SHIFT-DOWN until the last file you want selected.

If it really bothers you, then just use List View instead. Shift works as it should in List View.
    "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication" | Flickr