Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Finally i got my k-x

Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post

oh!! kit lens is more convenience! Asking this cos if were to bring it out for some event or so, dun have to bring my kit lens to change

but portrait shot wise, 50mm is a much better choice, each lens got their pros and cons..

What about tamron 23-78 F2.8?
    When you're on the 50mm lens it's quite hard to take picture with focus infinity leh, that's what happen to me yesterday when i was trying to capture a scenery. I have to turn the aperture ring for very long to get everything focused. It's either the background clear or the subject.
    Last edited by whatjerom; 28th August 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    When you're on the 50mm lens it's quite hard to take picture with focus infinity leh, that's what happen to me yesterday when i was trying to capture a scenery. I have to turn the aperture ring for very long to get everything focused. It's either the background clear or the subject.
    use a smaller aperture.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    use a smaller aperture.
    Sorry, you mean F22? or small aperture value?

Sorry, you mean F22? or small aperture value?
    F22 may be challenging if u dun have good lighting... i usually use my FA50 from ard F2 onwards.

if u want greater DOF, just try F3.5, 5.6, 8 and see if it gives u the results u want.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    F22 may be challenging if u dun have good lighting... i usually use my FA50 from ard F2 onwards.

if u want greater DOF, just try F3.5, 5.6, 8 and see if it gives u the results u want.
    Alright, thanks! will try it soon.

do note that the lens focuses and meters wide-open so if you look through the viewfinder you'll see the shallow DOF of wide-open aperture even if you set the lens to a smaller aperture like f/8. you'll have to activate DOF preview to get a better sense of what will be in focus in the final shot, although the viewfinder will darken significantly.

f/22 will definitely result in fuzzy pictures due to the effects of diffraction. f/8 to f/11 should give you enough DOF for landscape shots. you can google the hyperfocal distance for a 50mm lens at the various aperture settings, this will give you a shot which is in focus from half the hyperfocal distance all the way to infinity, suitable for landscapes and street photography. if your lens is an older manual focus lens with the symmetrical aperture markings on the focusing ring you can get the hyperfocal distance from there too!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567