Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Finally i got my k-x

Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    Yup, date and time is correct! iam at the shop around 430-5pm
    i think remember who is the girl, she was with another friend buying lens
    The guy there is using a white k-x.
    oic.. sure u never notice me then, coz u too busy ogling at the girl and her friend.. haha~ i was there for less than 10 mins, ask price, paid and left.
    Why do people list their gear here? Hao Lian? LoL...

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    as per ranchy's post above, the green button's default function in M mode is metering.

very convenient when using older lenses.
    Cool! i just realised this.

hi! just wanna ask sth... i've going to korean in like december and i'm using the kit lens... will it withstand de sudden change of temperature? any things i'll have to take note???

Quote Originally Posted by meyaka88 View Post
    hi! just wanna ask sth... i've going to korean in like december and i'm using the kit lens... will it withstand de sudden change of temperature? any things i'll have to take note???
    battery will die faster, so bring more batteries!
    Why do people list their gear here? Hao Lian? LoL...

Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    Hmm, if you read about the advantages of mf, mf is better. although u have to set the exposure yourself(settling the iso, aperture, shutter speed takes awhile before you snap). But the outcome is good.
    the best thing is, it's cheaper! hahaha.
    imo, if u get an AF lens, u can still MF if u need to / want to. but u can't do the same with an MF lens.

i think its about what you are using the lens for, and what type of pictures u are trying to take.

for food, it makes no difference AF or MF. the subject's not moving and there's usually enough contrast to lock focus for AF.

for portraits, better to have AF. pple will lose patience waiting for cameraman to MF.

for macro, whether insects or flowers, MF is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatLenses View Post
    oic.. sure u never notice me then, coz u too busy ogling at the girl and her friend.. haha~ i was there for less than 10 mins, ask price, paid and left.
    was beoing at the white k-x

A small question which came to my mind,

can pentax FA 50mm take group photo?
    sanyo eneloop 2000mha can last around how many shots?

was beoing at the white k-x

A small question which came to my mind,

can pentax FA 50mm take group photo?
    sanyo eneloop 2000mha can last around how many shots?
    why not?

but i generally will not use it for that unless i have to because i find it a bit too long.

the 18-55 is much more versatile for those "hey lets form 3 rows and take group photo" kinda pic...

anyway, i try to avoid taking those kind of pic... i find them cheesy

can't answer your 2nd question cos i'm using AA lithiums for my camera. i use eneloop for flash only.
    Last edited by detritus; 28th August 2010 at 10:59 PM.

why not?

but i generally will not use it for that unless i have to because i find it a bit too long.

the 18-55 is much more versatile for those "hey lets form 3 rows and take group photo" kinda pic...

anyway, i try to avoid taking those kind of pic... i find them cheesy

can't answer your 2nd question cos i'm using AA lithiums for my camera. i use eneloop for flash only.
    abit too long?

agree with the 18-55 haha.

My lithiums haven drop even a bar since i got my k-x

was looking at http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-..._FA_50mm_F1.4/
    Last edited by xxrenxx; 28th August 2010 at 11:09 PM.

abit too long?

Huh, eneloop isn't lithiums? Your battery can tahan for so long since you gotten it? Incredible eh. :O
    Last edited by whatjerom; 28th August 2010 at 11:13 PM.

abit too long?

focal length a bit too long...

its a good lens (i have it ) very fun to use at night when you don't wanna use flash.

Huh, eneloop isn't lithiums? Your battery can tahan for so long when you since got it? Incredible eh. :O
    of cos not._.
    what i was saying is my lithium batteries i got tgt in k-x box. haven drop a bar>.< bring it for sentosa trip and still full

my eneloop is sleeping inside dry box

Huh, eneloop isn't lithiums? Your battery can tahan for so long when you since got it? Incredible eh. :O
    eneloop is NimH, not lithium. the lithium i am referring to is the AA size disposable energizer lithium.

Oh my, it can be so durable? I didnt use it, haha.. After I gotten my k-x i started using eneloop le. The lithium batteries is aside! :X

focal length a bit too long...

its a good lens (i have it ) very fun to use at night when you don't wanna use flash.
    haha icic, is more focus on portrait shot. just have to stand backwards abit for group then xD will consider that

using my leg to zoom or un-zoom

Oh my, it can be so durable? I didnt use it, haha.. After I gotten my k-x i started using eneloop le. The lithium batteries is aside! :X
    yup!!! dun play play, best in singapore and jb and some say batam!!

was hoping it will drop down a bar or 2 so i can start using my eneloop soon and guess wad, it din drop

yup!!! dun play play, best in singapore and jb and some say batam!!

was hoping it will drop down a bar or 2 so i can start using my eneloop soon and guess wad, it din drop
    Not bad, i can bring it to oversea! btw, i heard putting batteries in the dry cabinet will cause your batteries to discharge faster!

haha icic, is more focus on portrait shot. just have to stand backwards abit for group then xD will consider that

FA50mm can be use for groups photos, but you really need to have space to move around to get those pictures. In a small room, when space is limited and your group is a big group, the 50mm would have a hard time to squeeze everyone in. Try using ur kits lens at 18mm, then zoom to 50mm or 55mm to feel the different. Normally, i don't use 50mm for groups (always not enough space, even my DA40mm sometime also not enough )

Not bad, i can bring it to oversea! btw, i heard putting batteries in the dry cabinet will cause your batteries to discharge faster!
    Huh really? Why putting in dry cabinet would discharge faster?
    I only know cold weather affect batteries performance..

eh... only makes sense to do that up to a point lah... the idea is to use the right tool for the right job... otherwise u're not maximizing the potential of the tool. and the FA 50 is a lens when used properly.

yes of cos! u might end up saying byebye to your eneloop
    How many shots does your eneloop last? whats the capacity for it? 2000mha?

Dun think so, eneloop can store charge wor, plus have been reading around, alot ppl put their battery into dry cab/box after use.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    FA50mm can be use for groups photos, but you really need to have space to move around to get those pictures. In a small room, when space is limited and your group is a big group, the 50mm would have a hard time to squeeze everyone in. Try using ur kits lens at 18mm, then zoom to 50mm or 55mm to feel the different. Normally, i don't use 50mm for groups (always not enough space, even my DA40mm sometime also not enough )
    eh... only makes sense to do that up to a point lah... the idea is to use the right tool for the right job... otherwise u're not maximizing the potential of the tool. and the FA 50 is a lens when used properly.

oh!! kit lens is more convenience! Asking this cos if were to bring it out for some event or so, dun have to bring my kit lens to change

but portrait shot wise, 50mm is a much better choice, each lens got their pros and cons..

What about tamron 23-78 F2.8?
    Last edited by xxrenxx; 28th August 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast