Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126

Thread: Finally i got my k-x

  1. #41

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    Reading up already>.> on for the different type of setting only. Been online doing research/video but ....
    I even get a full focus picture with F3.5 in Apreturn mode? O_O
    Upload a picture of you have taken at f3.5? All the pictures you took, did you upload to your pc to see?
    At F3.5, unless you shoot very close to the subject and your other objects which are far from you, then you would get a bokeh..
    Your depth of Field is important.
    http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

    Hope it helps, i also not an expert on it

  2. #42
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    mind helping? >.<
    Thousand thanks!

    Everything is clear

  3. #43
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    ._. i deleted the photo since it is ........ will shoot again tml and upload.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Best is to post a pic to show what you mean by 'cannot achieve blur background'.

    How 'blur' you want? Could it be a problem with expectations? You can't compare the bokeh of a DAL 18-55 with an FA 50 f1.4.

    Or is it because your background has no depth? You won't have bokeh if your subject's in front of a wall, for example.

  5. #45
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Best is to post a pic to show what you mean by 'cannot achieve blur background'.

    How 'blur' you want? Could it be a problem with expectations? You can't compare the bokeh of a DAL 18-55 with an FA 50 f1.4.

    Or is it because your background has no depth? You won't have bokeh if your subject's in front of a wall, for example.
    I mean a normal blur effect will do? sometimes i do get it, sometimes i dun. even with f3.5 i do get a fully focus picture. is it due to depth problem?

    I have deleted all photo already but will upload tml when i take a new batch of pictures.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    I mean a normal blur effect will do? sometimes i do get it, sometimes i dun. even with f3.5 i do get a fully focus picture. is it due to depth problem?

    I have deleted all photo already but will upload tml when i take a new batch of pictures.
    Bokeh is one of the most subjective aspect of lens performance.

    What's a 'normal' bokeh to you?

    I honestly don't want to guess what the problem is. Just post a sample and we can all discuss and learn together

  7. #47

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Using Aperture at 3.5 aperture; select spot AF after pressing menu selection. Refer to pg 117 on manual.
    Otherwise joing the rest in their monthy gathering and some gurus should be able to help you.
    good luck.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    I also got my k-x today from Ray SLR Revo. Kit lens + 300mm package. Need to learn from all the SiFu on how to optimize it.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    gongxi gongxi

  10. #50

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by philz View Post
    I also got my k-x today from Ray SLR Revo. Kit lens + 300mm package. Need to learn from all the SiFu on how to optimize it.
    welcome aboard... read the manual... or in fact, study it haha..

  11. #51

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    if you use kit lens...
    try zoom to 55mm, F5.6, the object that you want to take at about 30-50cm away from you... the background must at least 1 meter behind the object...

    hope it can help...

  12. #52

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    im also new in this photography thingy.

    bokeh effect can be best achieved when i place the subject i wants to focus, nearer to my dslr, and the distance between the subject and the background is further.

    that would produce a good bokeh effect

  13. #53
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    if you use kit lens...
    try zoom to 55mm, F5.6, the object that you want to take at about 30-50cm away from you... the background must at least 1 meter behind the object...

    hope it can help...
    sry for asking such question. but F5.6? not F3.5?
    Will try it when i got home from school.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    yeah by right, bokeh should go to the widest aperture isnt it?

  15. #55
    Member xxrenxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Eunos
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelriot View Post
    im also new in this photography thingy.

    bokeh effect can be best achieved when i place the subject i wants to focus, nearer to my dslr, and the distance between the subject and the background is further.

    that would produce a good bokeh effect
    focal length to the max? (eg. 55mm)? then place focusing object near dslr and place it distance away from background?

    What about when shooting person and want to have the same effect? Same concept apply?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    sry for asking such question. but F5.6? not F3.5?
    Will try it when i got home from school.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelriot View Post
    yeah by right, bokeh should go to the widest aperture isnt it?
    the kit lens can only shoot at F3.5 at 18mm... 18mm is a little wide for portraits... u have to be practically right in front of the person to take a head shot

    not impossible, just difficult to frame.

    while its true that generally, lower F number = bokeh cos u can achieve shallower DOF, its not the only way. in the first place, you must have framed your shot so u have depth.

    FW had explained this earlier.

    How to blur the background? There are a few ways:
    1. longer focal length
    2. wider aperture
    3. closer to the target
    4. put the background a bit far from the target
    5. a combination of the above
    2 more examples shot at F9 using the DAL 55-300.

    #1 | ISO: 800 | Exposure: 1/80 sec | Aperture: 9.0 | Focal Length: 230mm |


    #2 | ISO: 800 | Exposure: 1/100 sec | Aperture: 9.0 | Focal Length: 300mm|


    example 2 is what i consider to be "ugly" bokeh cos its too fuzzy and distracting... but just to share so you get an idea that there are many ways to achieve bokeh... nice or otherwise

  17. #57
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post

    2 more examples shot at F9 using the DAL 55-300.

    example 2 is what i consider to be "ugly" bokeh cos its too fuzzy and distracting... but just to share so you get an idea that there are many ways to achieve bokeh... nice or otherwise
    i prefer #2 to #1.. the distinct leaves in the background of #1 are really really distracting but #2 has good subject-background separation since the background is much further away

  18. #58

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    i prefer #2 to #1.. the distinct leaves in the background of #1 are really really distracting but #2 has good subject-background separation since the background is much further away
    one man's meat is another man's poison.

    i don't like #2 because the bokeh makes me dizzy when i look at that pic, i'm always focusing on the background instead of the subject...

    i prefer a slight, creamy, dreamy bokeh... something like what we can get with the soft filter on the k-x, or from a traditional soft lens

  19. #59
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    one man's meat is another man's poison.

    i don't like #2 because the bokeh makes me dizzy when i look at that pic, i'm always focusing on the background instead of the subject...

    i prefer a slight, creamy, dreamy bokeh... something like what we can get with the soft filter on the k-x, or from a traditional soft lens
    i'm wondering why you shot it at f/9 though... especially since it knocked your shutter speed down to 1/100 and slower.

    i've used a tamron 70-300 before and i had to stop it down past f/8 to get it to perform decently, same reason? thought the 55-300 is much sharper than the third party 70-300s

  20. #60

    Default Re: Finally i got my k-x

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    i'm wondering why you shot it at f/9 though... especially since it knocked your shutter speed down to 1/100 and slower.

    i've used a tamron 70-300 before and i had to stop it down past f/8 to get it to perform decently, same reason? thought the 55-300 is much sharper than the third party 70-300s
    No reason la. I got shots of this subject across a whole range of settings. It was so cooperative never move much, never fly away.

    I just chose 2 at f9 to illustrate the example that its not a must to have big aperture for bokeh.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •