Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Old places @ okto

  1. #21
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I did manage to record it down, but lost the first 15mins or so because I couldn't hook up my DVD recorder on time!

    If anyone is keen, I can burn a copy for you.

    But I have to say, it's a REALLY good documentary and I definitely would've missed it if not for the fact that I saw this post on CS!!
    I came to this thread too late. I missed the show leh
    The best things in life are free.

  2. #22
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I did manage to record it down, but lost the first 15mins or so because I couldn't hook up my DVD recorder on time!

    If anyone is keen, I can burn a copy for you.

    But I have to say, it's a REALLY good documentary and I definitely would've missed it if not for the fact that I saw this post on CS!!
    where is that old elevator ah? i googled but cannot find any relevant info

  3. #23
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Some places are forgotten, many not even seen during my generation..

  4. #24

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    where is that old elevator ah? i googled but cannot find any relevant info
    if my memory serves me correctly, that old elevator is located in a building along KADAYANALLUR Street. the documentary didnt name the building, but the street name did appear in the caption.

    KADAYANALLUR St. is that short stretch behind Maxwell Rd Food Centre.

  5. #25
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by gossipmonger View Post
    if my memory serves me correctly, that old elevator is located in a building along KADAYANALLUR Street. the documentary didnt name the building, but the street name did appear in the caption.

    KADAYANALLUR St. is that short stretch behind Maxwell Rd Food Centre.
    thanks!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I did manage to record it down, but lost the first 15mins or so because I couldn't hook up my DVD recorder on time!

    If anyone is keen, I can burn a copy for you.

    But I have to say, it's a REALLY good documentary and I definitely would've missed it if not for the fact that I saw this post on CS!!
    I am interested in a copy, how can I get it from you?

  7. #27
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i only interested in some places... here's what i took down:

    c.m.c confectionary , katong
    old bus top, lim chu kang
    old post office, mandai road
    old elevator, location ? (missed the location cos the name quite long... anyone got this?)
    seletar air base
    long fatt confectionary, balestier
    old cinema, woodlands
    dragon kiln, location ? (missed the location)

    Those in use - would the owner allow you to shoot? Of course can ask lah.

    Those not in use - probably all locked up.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I did manage to record it down, but lost the first 15mins or so because I couldn't hook up my DVD recorder on time!

    If anyone is keen, I can burn a copy for you.

    But I have to say, it's a REALLY good documentary and I definitely would've missed it if not for the fact that I saw this post on CS!!

    I missed the show as well. Hehe, i m interested in a copy if possible. Or maybe we can org an outing to those places.

  9. #29

  10. #30

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i only interested in some places... here's what i took down:

    c.m.c confectionary , katong
    old bus top, lim chu kang
    old post office, mandai road --> I passed by earlier, its all fenced up, no way in
    old elevator, location ? (missed the location cos the name quite long... anyone got this?)
    seletar air base
    long fatt confectionary, balestier
    old cinema, woodlands
    dragon kiln, location ? (missed the location)

    old post office, mandai road --> I passed by earlier, its all fenced up, no way in

  11. #31

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    I think there are a few places which are fenced up/open only to the film crew, so best is to check back if we pass be any of the sites.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    ARRRGGGHHHH!!! I missed the re-telecast due to work!! Can some kind soul help to list down the places featured? Especially the old playground.....thanks

  13. #33

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Not comprehensive, but here's what i got...

    1. Lam Yeo Coffee powder factory
    2. Clive Street Coffeeshop
    3. Mamashop @ Macpherson
    4. Toa Payoh Lor 1 Wet Market
    5. Dragon Fountain @ Whampoa Estate
    6. Overhead Bridge @ Ang Mo Kio - Lor Chuan
    7. Dragon Head Playground @ Toa Payoh
    8. Playground @ Dover Estate
    9. Katong Swimming Complex
    10. Queenstown Bowl
    11. Hougang 'Rainbow' Estate
    12. Haw Par Villa
    13. C.M.C Coffeeshop @ Katong
    14. Tan Hiap Hong Charcoal
    15. Sungei Road aka Flea Market
    16. Bus Stop @ Lim Chu Kang
    17. Old Elevator behind building @ Maxwell Market
    18. Tg Pagar Railway
    19. Seletar Airbase Estate
    20. Abandon Railway @ Bukit Timah
    21. Pierce Reservoir
    22. Golden Mile Complex
    23. Yangtze Cinema
    24. Woodlands Cinema
    25. Capitol Theatre
    26. Tian Hock Keng Temple
    27. Kampong Buangkok
    28. Klin @ ???
    29. Kelong @ Punggol
    30. Chinatown

    31. A Kampong belonging to a Malay Royalties @ Bukit Purmei (My own addition)


    Thats all... Bros who wish to add on to the list, correct any errors or provide additional info, pls feel free to do so..



    Happy Exploring and snapping
    Last edited by chiangkxv; 24th August 2010 at 11:12 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    ARRRGGGHHHH!!! I missed the re-telecast due to work!! Can some kind soul help to list down the places featured? Especially the old playground.....thanks
    Dover
    Toa Payoh
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the West
    Posts
    1,538

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Not comprehensive, but here's what i got...

    1. Lam Yeo Coffee powder factory
    2. Clive Street Coffeeshop
    3. Mamashop @ Macpherson
    4. Toa Payoh Lor 1 Wet Market
    5. Dragon Fountain @ Whampoa Estate
    6. Overhead Bridge @ Ang Mo Kio - Lor Chuan
    7. Dragon Head Playground @ Toa Payoh
    8. Playground @ Dover Estate
    9. Katong Swimming Complex
    10. Queenstown Bowl
    11. Hougang 'Rainbow' Estate
    12. Haw Par Villa
    13. C.M.C Coffeeshop @ Katong
    14. Tan Hiap Hong Charcoal
    15. Sungei Road aka Flea Market
    16. Bus Stop @ Lim Chu Kang
    17. Old Elevator behind building @ Maxwell Market
    18. Tg Pagar Railway
    19. Seletar Airbase Estate
    20. Abandon Railway @ Bukit Timah
    21. Pierce Reservoir
    22. Golden Mile Complex
    23. Yangtze Cinema
    24. Woodlands Cinema
    25. Capitol Theatre
    26. Tian Hock Keng Temple
    27. Kampong Buangkok
    28. Klin @ ???
    29. Kelong @ Punggol
    30. Chinatown

    31. A Kampong belonging to a Malay Royalties @ Bukit Purmei (My own addition)


    Thats all... Bros who wish to add on to the list, correct any errors or provide additional info, pls feel free to do so..



    Happy Exploring and snapping
    Is there a kampong at Bukit Purmei ? Which part ?
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

  16. #36

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Not sure if Kampong is a right description but its located beside Block 102, its called Tanah Kubor Kerajaan Johor according to Streetdirectory.com

    http://www.streetdirectory.com/?x=10...337784619&l=14
    Last edited by chiangkxv; 24th August 2010 at 11:24 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Not comprehensive, but here's what i got...

    1. Lam Yeo Coffee powder factory
    2. Clive Street Coffeeshop
    3. Mamashop @ Macpherson
    4. Toa Payoh Lor 1 Wet Market
    5. Dragon Fountain @ Whampoa Estate
    6. Overhead Bridge @ Ang Mo Kio - Lor Chuan
    7. Dragon Head Playground @ Toa Payoh
    8. Playground @ Dover Estate
    9. Katong Swimming Complex
    10. Queenstown Bowl
    11. Hougang 'Rainbow' Estate
    12. Haw Par Villa
    13. C.M.C Coffeeshop @ Katong
    14. Tan Hiap Hong Charcoal
    15. Sungei Road aka Flea Market
    16. Bus Stop @ Lim Chu Kang
    17. Old Elevator behind building @ Maxwell Market
    18. Tg Pagar Railway
    19. Seletar Airbase Estate
    20. Abandon Railway @ Bukit Timah
    21. Pierce Reservoir
    22. Golden Mile Complex
    23. Yangtze Cinema
    24. Woodlands Cinema
    25. Capitol Theatre
    26. Tian Hock Keng Temple
    27. Kampong Buangkok
    28. Klin @ ???
    29. Kelong @ Punggol
    30. Chinatown

    31. A Kampong belonging to a Malay Royalties @ Bukit Purmei (My own addition)


    Thats all... Bros who wish to add on to the list, correct any errors or provide additional info, pls feel free to do so..



    Happy Exploring and snapping
    Ah haha! Thanks for listing! Save us the trouble!

    The Dragon Kiln is at junction of Jln Bahar and PIE, near the entrance of NTU (Jln Bahar). Google search "Dragon Kiln Singapore".

    And Yangtze Cinema. Haha! After shooting, can pop in for a movie. I think "Womb Raider" was showing there once!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  18. #38

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Ah haha! Thanks for listing! Save us the trouble!

    The Dragon Kiln is at junction of Jln Bahar and PIE, near the entrance of NTU (Jln Bahar). Google search "Dragon Kiln Singapore".

    And Yangtze Cinema. Haha! After shooting, can pop in for a movie. I think "Womb Raider" was showing there once!
    LOL ppl film Tomb Raider they film Womb Raider <---R21 right?

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    Not comprehensive, but here's what i got...

    1. Lam Yeo Coffee powder factory
    2. Clive Street Coffeeshop
    3. Mamashop @ Macpherson
    4. Toa Payoh Lor 1 Wet Market
    5. Dragon Fountain @ Whampoa Estate
    6. Overhead Bridge @ Ang Mo Kio - Lor Chuan
    7. Dragon Head Playground @ Toa Payoh
    8. Playground @ Dover Estate
    9. Katong Swimming Complex
    10. Queenstown Bowl
    11. Hougang 'Rainbow' Estate
    12. Haw Par Villa
    13. C.M.C Coffeeshop @ Katong
    14. Tan Hiap Hong Charcoal
    15. Sungei Road aka Flea Market
    16. Bus Stop @ Lim Chu Kang
    17. Old Elevator behind building @ Maxwell Market
    18. Tg Pagar Railway
    19. Seletar Airbase Estate
    20. Abandon Railway @ Bukit Timah
    21. Pierce Reservoir
    22. Golden Mile Complex
    23. Yangtze Cinema
    24. Woodlands Cinema
    25. Capitol Theatre
    26. Tian Hock Keng Temple
    27. Kampong Buangkok
    28. Klin @ ???
    29. Kelong @ Punggol
    30. Chinatown

    31. A Kampong belonging to a Malay Royalties @ Bukit Purmei (My own addition)


    Thats all... Bros who wish to add on to the list, correct any errors or provide additional info, pls feel free to do so..



    Happy Exploring and snapping
    31. Long Fatt Bakery @Baliester ( I think, the wordings were too small )
    32. Drain @ Cedar Estate
    33. Barber @ ?
    34. Spice Mill @ Little India
    35. Fountain pen repair @ Upper Cross St ?

  20. #40
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Old places @ okto

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    33. Barber @ ?

    35. Fountain pen repair @ Upper Cross St ?
    barber is near further down haji lane... near textile center. See map for exact spot - http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site_15523/ (shop house 796 / 846A that stretch)

    fountain pen repair shop is at bras brasah complex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •