Thread: Newbies

Smile Newbies

hi everybody... jus wanna to know is it possible to take very nice n clear pictures using a consumer camera with 3.2 megapixels ???

Quote Originally Posted by Larren Chen
    hi everybody... jus wanna to know is it possible to take very nice n clear pictures using a consumer camera with 3.2 megapixels ???
    Why not?

Possible, y not? Try to keep the iso below 200 though, or u'll probably have to clean up the image later on using neat image or helicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    Possible, y not? Try to keep the iso below 200 though, or u'll probably have to clean up the image later on using neat image or helicon.
    Actually, even at the lowest ISO, I've to clean it up using neat image.

Its possible, just make sure you set the camera to lowest ISO, aperture at f5.6-f11, shutter at 1/125 and above, mount on a tripod or a solid platform, focus the subject correctly, take a deep breath before you press the trigger.

...very nice n clear pictures...
    That's a subjective quality question. It really depends on how much are you able to tolerate image noise. Different cameras produce different amount of image noise and is pretty independent on the number of megapixels.

For best effect, turn down the ISO and be prepared for more noise as your exposure time increases.

remember to use tripod if you are talking about landscape. Weather also play an important part though.

Smile

Thanks for the advice...

i m using a Casio Z3... gonna upgrade after NS so i will seek help from everyone in clubsnap when i need it...

definitely possible. i've used a 2 megapixel canon ixus 300 b4 and it had very low noise levels.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

yup, its definitely possible. And i think ultimately depends on what you use the picture for, and if ur printing, wat size you print to. Under lower light conditions, I use my 3.2mp a70 at iso200 and print at 4R, results are still pretty good. And you can use neat image to lower down the noise further if ur particular.

As for web posting, u dun really need very high mp...cos most pple would eventually resize to something like 640x480 for posting. As for colour reproduction and saturation, most consumer cams now are pretty capable to producing good pictures, more of it depends on the environmental conditions which the picture is taken in. Can take a look at my gallery for some samples by a70 if you want.

Don't worry about 3.2 megapixel image size. If you know your camera well, you can achieve the best quality out of it.

See one of my A70 shots
    http://megaweb.clubsnap.org/a70/pano/pano3a.htm
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Hey man,
    Looks like you already have your answers about noise and such for digital cameras. I am still very much a film user.

But basically a good picture also consists of good composition and the story (or your POV) portrayed. IMO, I feel this is more important than anything else.

Seen too many and countless examples of people with wonderful tools but cannot take a picture for nuts.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Its possible, just make sure you set the camera to lowest ISO, aperture at f5.6-f11, shutter at 1/125 and above, mount on a tripod or a solid platform, focus the subject correctly, take a deep breath before you press the trigger.
    take a deep breath, let out half a breath, hold your breath, half squeeze the trigger till you hear a 'tick'(no no, till in focus) then squeeze all the way

hmmm, not much diff from M-16

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Don't worry about 3.2 megapixel image size. If you know your camera well, you can achieve the best quality out of it.

See one of my A70 shots
    http://megaweb.clubsnap.org/a70/pano/pano3a.htm
    That was an outstanding panoramic shot. Which software did you use to stitch?

Only blemish were obvious traces of your cut and paste PS job

no comment from Larren Chen

Quote Originally Posted by goering
    That was an outstanding panoramic shot. Which software did you use to stitch?

Only blemish were obvious traces of your cut and paste PS job
    Thanks I use the panorama factory software.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

megaweb,

That's an outstanding pano shot!

I particularly like the 'painterly' quality of the background buildings. Possible to share workflow?

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb

Thanks I use the panorama factory software.

ermmm... i m not the one using the stich thing... is megaweb... hehe

Smile

to megaweb...

well i think after exploring my camera fully, found out the modes n i m able to take clear pics... but the angle may not be that good...
    need some advice on some of the pics... will post them asap...