Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member : RebelRiot

Default Re: New member : RebelRiot

hi to all.

just something that i would like to clarify.

as i was reading and practising, if i wants to get a wider(deeper) depth of field, i should adjust my aperture to f/32 right?and if i wants to get a shallower dof, i should adjust to f/1.2 right?

*note : the f/numbers are just used to garner what im trying to express,in my question.

and what exactly does it means "to compose" / "recompose" a shot? does that means how you position your camera, and how you intend to shoot? at times i thought of using this words, but i dont know the exact meaning, so would like to clarify.

cheers,
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by rebelriot View Post
    hi to all.

as i was reading and practising, if i wants to get a wider(deeper) depth of field, i should adjust my aperture to f/32 right?and if i wants to get a shallower dof, i should adjust to f/1.2 right?
    Be aware of the limitations. There are many DOF calculators online, so take a look at those. After f/16 diffraction will set in, so you will get softer and softer images.

and what exactly does it means "to compose" / "recompose" a shot? does that means how you position your camera, and how you intend to shoot? at times i thought of using this words, but i dont know the exact meaning, so would like to clarify.

cheers,
    RR
    Please read the newbies guides to photography. Composition is one of the very very very basic aspects of photography.

Focus and recompose is also covered in every camera manual I've seen so far. So please read your manual.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

hi to all.

*note : the f/numbers are just used to garner what im trying to express,in my question.

cheers,
    RR
    1/32 = very small aperture
    1/1.2 = very large aperture.

The larger the aperture the less the dof. But it is not the only things that determine dof. E.g. a lens at F/32 shooting at a subject 3cm away has a thinner dof than the same lens at F/1.2 shooting at a subject 1km away.

thanks for that info.

yeah im reading my manual. i havent reach the page about composition yet. and since im almost here everyday, so i just shoot and ask lo.

hi to all.

cheers,
    RR

You're right on the depth of field. Do note that shallower dof e.g. f/1.2 may result in pictures looking soft and less sharp. Similarly, having deep dof e.g. f/32 may result in less sharp images due to diffraction.
    So, a lens usually has it's own range of apertures that will give you sharp images. And the sweet spot for sharpest images for most lenses is usally f/8 to f/11.

To compose is to frame. To recompose is to make re-do and frame again. Read your manual for more details. Usually this talks about how you can focus on your subject, and put your subject in some part of the frame while it remains focused.
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    You're right on the depth of field. Do note that shallower dof e.g. f/1.2 may result in pictures looking soft and less sharp. Similarly, having deep dof e.g. f/32 may result in less sharp images due to diffraction.
    So, a lens usually has it's own range of apertures that will give you sharp images. And the sweet spot for sharpest images for most lenses is usally f/8 to f/11.

To compose is to frame. To recompose is to make re-do and frame again. Read your manual for more details. Usually this talks about how you can focus on your subject, and put your subject in some part of the frame while it remains focused.
    this is really useful for me. at least now i can better understand and learn something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12