Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serial vandal caught scratching car -- but police let him off with only a warning

Default Re: Serial vandal caught scratching car -- but police let him off with only a warning

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...341#post476341

If you guys read thru this other forum thread, you will probably find out that the victim, adrianli had already did what he can. Now his option is to turn to the public and see if this can help to turn his case.

to the culprit who even dare to say he did not do it when his face is captured BIG BIG in the camera.

Default Re: Serial vandal caught scratching car -- but police let him off with only a warning

And he also mentioned in the last post that he has met up with Mr Chong and settled their differences. I think given the circumstances, he did the right thing.

I don't understand why he used a different user account though, even though he signed off as Adrian also.
    Last edited by wildcat; 8th August 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WISHBONEASH View Post
    i am not a strong admirer of our spf but sometimes we need to be objective when commenting. perhaps if you read up on the statutes you will realized why they ask you to register a magistrate complaint in certain cases and again there are seizable, non seizable offences and all the legalese.

it will be fairer if we go after those who write and enact the laws.
    While we need to be fair to the spf, let's take a look at the below case in point:

Killer litter, if it happen in HDB, they will take action, if it happen in a condo they say ask the management to take action. Same crime but different treatment. Why?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    While we need to be fair to the spf, let's take a look at the below case in point:

Killer litter, if it happen in HDB, they will take action, if it happen in a condo they say ask the management to take action. Same crime but different treatment. Why?
    This is SINGAPORE...

Anything with GOV you will never win.

PUB miss out one of my monthly bill and I called to ask for my bill. They said will take note.

End of month still have to send me anything. Following month sent me my next monthly bill with a 'summon' of previous month bill.

HDB public housing, Condo private housing
    if you assault another person, non seizable offence, if you assault public servant, good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by WISHBONEASH View Post
    HDB public housing, Condo private housing
    if you assault another person, non seizable offence, if you assault public servant, good luck to you
    But killer litter is still a crime regardless if it happen in public or private housing, no?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

But killer litter is still a crime regardless if it happen in public or private housing, no?
    1) If the someone is kill action will be taken immediately by SPF non matter where it is.

2) If nobody is hurt:
    a) HDB: Action will be taken to fine the litter

B) Private housing: You have to made report and seek you own lawyer to settle the case.

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    1)
    2) If nobody is hurt:
    a) HDB: Action will be taken to fine the litter

B) Private housing: You have to made report and seek you own lawyer to settle the case.
    The police cannot take action and issue a fine if it is not an offence under SG's law, so why is it an officence only when it happen in a public place. Last I check all offence are the same regardless where they are commited in SG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12