Thread: Help~~~ planing for teambuilding activities

Default Help~~~ planing for teambuilding activities

Hi guys,

been planning for a few sets of team building activities this few days, it's meant for a company incentive trip. But they need 10 hours of activities over a 2D1N trip.

Already crack my brain and goggle. Running out of any ideas le.

Really appreciate if someone can help. Just wanted some simple indoor or outdoor will do.

Thanks.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Default Re: Help~~~ planing for teambuilding activities

makeshift Ninja Warrior!!!
    If a lot of people and need to burn time, it works and best of all its fun. Not exactly team building but i am sure participation should be high.

Can you give more info like whats the dominant age group, fitness level and roughly want to spend how much?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

team karaoke after dinner
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    makeshift Ninja Warrior!!!
    If a lot of people and need to burn time, it works and best of all its fun. Not exactly team building but i am sure participation should be high.

Can you give more info like whats the dominant age group, fitness level and roughly want to spend how much?
    Upon hearing the title, I know it would be fun.

Group size around 60 pax

Aged around 20-40 ba. All working adult. I also dunno them. I just need to plan for them. Sian.

How long this can last? Not to be too long cause they might get sick
    of it.
    Last edited by sakuragiz; 6th August 2010 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    team karaoke after dinner
    This idea is good. Actually we book a private room for karaoke while having dinner. But the organizer wanted to make it a indoor team building.

I agree with team karaoke. But how to finalize which team wins? Cause no teacher there to judge. Haha.

Depending on your budget.

My previous company had a teambuilding session at sentosa by Focus. Personally I find it very fun, the ppl there are are very fun and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFES View Post
    Depending on your budget.

My previous company had a teambuilding session at sentosa by Focus. Personally I find it very fun, the ppl there are are very fun and friendly.
    What did u guys play?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    Aged around 20-40 ba. All working adult. I also dunno them. I just need to plan for them. Sian.

1/2 the teambuilding activity has failed already if you're not in the mood to organize it in the first place. Participants MUST see that organizers believe in the effort for them to commit to actively making an effort to participate.

p/s but dont get me wrong..... i see this in so many 'teambuilding' activities nowadays (even in my own firm) that I also give up as a supervisor on 'official' teambuilding activities .... adults dont really like being treated like kids..... BUT adults generally enjoy being kids again... think about it.

Advise for the future ..... identify the social 'gang-leaders' in the company, management stay totally out of sight ... let THEM instigate activities ...... you just quietly discuss and fund it in the background....... MUCH better results that way imho.

ok enuf from me......... hope it turns out well.
    Last edited by ed9119; 6th August 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Walkeast

If it is a bunch of guys.... The best team building is - "BEER...."

1/2 the teambuilding activity has failed already if you're not in the mood to organize it in the first place. Participants MUST see that organizers believe in the effort for them to commit to actively making an effort to participate.

p/s but dont get me wrong..... i see this in so many 'teambuilding' activities nowadays (even in my own firm) that I also give up as a supervisor on 'official' teambuilding activities .... adults dont really like being treated like kids..... BUT adults generally enjoy being kids again... think about it.

Advise for the future ..... identify the social 'gang-leaders' in the company, management stay totally out of sight ... let THEM instigate activities ...... you just quietly discuss and fund it in the background....... MUCH better results that way imho.

haha. ed9119, thanks for the advice but dun get me wrong. Why i mean sian is that i already crack my brain and no more ideas already.

back to ur answers, u mentioned team karaoke. But how to judge who win?

i know sentosa got this place quite fun... doing those obstacles stuffs... but i can't rem the name of this place

Blog Entries

back to ur answers, u mentioned team karaoke. But how to judge who win?
    biggest applause/cheer meter ? who cares..... the point is not in winning.... just make sure you have lots of prizes to give out so everyone is happy

have lots of beer/booze ......................and take LOTS of photos
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

learn from my sch:

we dun do activities for u. let the ppl participating plan and create activities for other ppl

1: u get team building in the team via the planning of their own games
    2: u get team building while playing other ppl games.
    3: u dun have to do much except to provide the stuff needed for them to make their games

What did u guys play?
    lot's of stuff.

balancing stuff,climb wall, help each other cross obstacles...etc... they can do all sorts of stuff, according to your needs.

They even proposed to let us find our own means to make a raft and sail out... but the commitee did not take that game...

http://www.focusadventure.com/

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments.

The planned team building going very smooth and success over the last 2 days.

CEO of the company loves it.

10 hours non-stop paintball marathon

this will unearth the real leaders.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    10 hours non-stop paintball marathon

this will unearth the real leaders.
    Haha. This is gonna be fun. Haha.