Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: what's wrong with flickr?

  1. #1

    Default what's wrong with flickr?

    hello everyone, i just wanna ask around if anybody knows about what happened in "flickr"... i just logged in today to update my threads here in CS, usually, i would just go to flickr, then view "all sizes" of the photo i want to post here in CS.

    i would just copy the url from flickr and paste it here in CS and that's it... today, i tried to do it, i noticed that there are some changes when i tried to view the photo that i wanted to share here, and when i copied and pasted the url, it's just not working anymore... all that appeared is a white box.

    i have a pro acct. in flickr, and i had it so i could share my shots here in cs... and now that this thing happened, it is so frustrating! there have been members complaining about it in flickr itself...

    anybody got an idea about this? thank you!
    Why so serious... Son?

  2. #2
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    It's updated....

    pretty irritating though...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #3
    Member fooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sengkang;Fernvale
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    dun worry, flickr just revamp the new page. on your image page above got 2 button 'Action' and 'Share'. Just click the 'Share' arrow down button and you will see 'Grab the HTML' You just need to select the size and copy the 'http://farm5.static.flickr..............'

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by fooj View Post
    dun worry, flickr just revamp the new page. on your image page above got 2 button 'Action' and 'Share'. Just click the 'Share' arrow down button and you will see 'Grab the HTML' You just need to select the size and copy the 'http://farm5.static.flickr..............'
    But it doesn't allow the old picture link with photo page link grab.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    But it doesn't allow the old picture link with photo page link grab.
    what an update... do you think it'd be useable again for posting pix here in cs?
    Why so serious... Son?

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurdelak View Post
    what an update... do you think it'd be useable again for posting pix here in cs?
    You can still find the URL tags or HTML, but I would prefer to have the BB tags instead.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    you still can find it pretty easily... Anyway i like the new site much better. FINALLY! "VIEW ON BLACK" and "LARGE" is possible for photos.

  8. #8
    Member nissanmanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore (Ulu Pandan)
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    is it only me or is flickr running slower with the revamped page?
    i'm a noob | APWP 2012

  9. #9

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    it's only you.

    please read my guide in articles & guides section (under newbies corner) for the most efficient way to do this.

  10. #10
    Member nissanmanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore (Ulu Pandan)
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it's only you.

    please read my guide in articles & guides section (under newbies corner) for the most efficient way to do this.
    Thanks for the clarification. probably it's due to Opera. tried accessing flickr on IE and it's more "stable" so to speak.
    i'm a noob | APWP 2012

  11. #11
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    The new revamp page s**ks !!

    Give us that damn long HTML.... telling us just copy and paste. I have to delete more than half the wording just to be able to see the image here.

    Anyone knows is there a way to go back to the old page ??
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 5th August 2010 at 02:26 AM.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  12. #12
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    It is slower...

    and hanged a few times on me earlier..

    Haiz, prefer the old layout more.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #13
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    It is slower...

    and hanged a few times on me earlier..

    Haiz, prefer the old layout more.

    Recently just renewed my membership by 2 years.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  14. #14
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Recently just renewed my membership by 2 years.....
    Too bad lor... sama sama, just have to bite it and move on...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  15. #15
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Too bad lor... sama sama, just have to bite it and move on...

    You should read the 'Help Forum' for Flickr.... alot of ppl are really really pi** off with the new format.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  16. #16

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    I dun like the new layout too
    Sony α
    My Flickr | Facebook

  17. #17

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    The new revamp page s**ks !!

    Give us that damn long HTML.... telling us just copy and paste. I have to delete more than half the wording just to be able to see the image here.

    Anyone knows is there a way to go back to the old page ??
    old format?

    if you want something similar to the old style of "all sizes", you will have to do what is detailed in the article in articles & guides section.

  18. #18
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    old format?

    if you want something similar to the old style of "all sizes", you will have to do what is detailed in the article in articles & guides section.
    Dude, I should have done a screen capture to show you the old way of grabbing image links, it was so much easier then...

    Previously, all we needed to do was to go to all sizes and the image link was presented to us right below. If you added a script using Greasemonkey, then it shows an additional BBcode link which we could use very conveniently for forums.

    Now, you have to do all those steps MANUALLY... isn't that so much more inconvenient? THIS is what we're griping about.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #19
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Ok... for those who still have problem uploading their image to ClubSNAP or any other website.... this is how you do it.


    1) On your image page, find and click the 'Share This' button above the image.

    2) Click 'Grab the HTML'

    3) Select the size you want.

    4) Copy the whole HTML and paste it to your thread.

    5) Delete most of the useless code and add the common '[img] ___ [/img]' at the front and back.

    example.....

    *The WHOLE CODE*

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hlocphotoscollections/4766787854/" title="Baby Mantis 02 by hloc, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4766787854_dcdab31299_o.jpg" width="800" height="800" alt="Baby Mantis 02" /></a>

    *The part you need* (in Blue)

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hlocphotoscollections/4766787854/" title="Baby Mantis 02 by hloc, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4766787854_dcdab31299_o.jpg" width="800" height="800" alt="Baby Mantis 02" /></a>

    *Copy and paste and add [img] ___ [/img]*

    [XX img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4766787854_dcdab31299_o.jpg[XX /img]

    Note - Remove the XX from the [XX img] and [XX /img]...


    Scuba & Father... For Life

  20. #20

    Default Re: what's wrong with flickr?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Dude, I should have done a screen capture to show you the old way of grabbing image links, it was so much easier then...

    Previously, all we needed to do was to go to all sizes and the image link was presented to us right below. If you added a script using Greasemonkey, then it shows an additional BBcode link which we could use very conveniently for forums.

    Now, you have to do all those steps MANUALLY... isn't that so much more inconvenient? THIS is what we're griping about.
    i use flickr for very long leh.

    maybe it's just me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •