Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused with settings....nid hlp...

Default Re: Confused with settings....nid hlp...

Wah, I think it has become more about one's p's and q's rather than photography

But alas, it can't be forgiven, unless he was typing from his smartphone and trying to save time and cost on his data charges.

Anyway, since the TS can't come back to us with his exact problem with pictures, we can't continue to help him, but only to blast him for his improper English.

Cheers!

PS: Peace to all!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

i think he knows that he needs to learn to spell properly now . . . hope we don't scare him away.

Dear TS
    Start posting your photos in the respective section for critics and comments. That really hope you alot. Cos it help me too for not able to spot my mistakes.

Use your existing camera and take more photos . . . but please read more to learn more; like 1/3 rules, tilt lever etc. As you shoot more, you will find your own passion in taking a particular subject.

Else attend a photography course to learn the basic etc.

Digital photography is FREE . . . take more, more, more . . .

Quote Originally Posted by amd-stone View Post
    hello guys, i nid advise....aftr discvring dat different types of genre(landscape,protrait,macro) require different settings(iso,shuter spd, aperature)

I am very confused of geting wad i wan in the end. i had no isues wif landscape potos as it is quite clear of geting wad i wan in the end. But for macro and protrait, i find my pics very disapointing. nid help.....:'(

some of my frenz sey its the angle, some say the pic must tel a story....
    if you're doing photojournalism then you might wanna tell a story, i don't see what kind of story you can come out with portraiture or macro photography.
    Mountain Training #101: Crouching Photographer Hidden Ladder

TS, chill...
    those are just reminders that proper English(not singlish or sms-glish) is essential for communication. Probably most of us are already working adults and thus, we prefer speaking clearly. No belittling whatsoever...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

listen to the seniors, u cannot rush into photography, it's a learned skill, it's not about remembering the settings; u will definitely get confused, it's about understanding them.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Wah, I think it has become more about one's p's and q's rather than photography

But alas, it can't be forgiven, unless he was typing from his smartphone and trying to save time and cost on his data charges.

Anyway, since the TS can't come back to us with his exact problem with pictures, we can't continue to help him, but only to blast him for his improper English.

Cheers!

PS: Peace to all!
    I don't believe people here set out to blast TS on his English. He wanted help with his photography and we will gladly provide. The least we ask of him or anyone for that matter is to enquire in a manner we could comprehend. Whether it is in a forum or in a face to face meeting.

To TS: A photo is worth a thousand words. Post it here and hopefully we can provide you with the answers. G'day mate.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

hello guys, i nid advise....aftr discvring dat different types of genre(landscape,protrait,macro) require different settings(iso,shuter spd, aperature)

I am very confused of geting wad i wan in the end. i had no isues wif landscape potos as it is quite clear of geting wad i wan in the end. But for macro and protrait, i find my pics very disapointing. nid help.....:'(

some of my frenz sey its the angle, some say the pic must tel a story....
    hi, maybe you could show your pictures so we can get a better idea of what is going on.

actually, to be fair... while it is good advice that TS needs to work on his english...

i could understand what he was saying.

something about how he's confused as to what genre to focus on. he has no problems with shooting landscapes, as he seems to get the results that he wants with that genre, but for macro and portraits, he finds his results not up to his personal standards. some of his friends say that the problem lies with the angle he takes, etc.

i didn't think it was that bad?

that's coz you have that new-fangled SMS English-Standard English converter!

well, the point about the English is that it's the medium we're using to communicate on this forum. If someone is a non-English speaker and struggling to spell properly, fine.
    But in this case it seems like just laziness to switch to proper English.
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    that's coz you have that new-fangled SMS English-Standard English converter!

well, the point about the English is that it's the medium we're using to communicate on this forum. If someone is a non-English speaker and struggling to spell properly, fine.
    But in this case it seems like just laziness to switch to proper English.
    No la bro. it is hip-hop la. Ebonics. The new world language is black talk, hip hop style, yo, ya dig?... Talk like a brother, walk like a brother, rap like a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    No la bro. it is hip-hop la. Ebonics. The new world language is black talk, hip hop style, yo, ya dig?... Talk like a brother, walk like a brother, rap like a brother.
    ahahahaah !!! funny !!!!
    I probably collect lenses more than I take pictures
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33270154@N03/

I agree bro that most of us are working...But @ times we tend to be "qui lan" without knowing....

I agree bro that most of us are working...But @ times we tend to be "qui lan" without knowing....
    Luckily I'm not that behind time as my grandson is the same age as you and I'm still aware of all the modern lingo.

Take more pictures and post it here. We sure would love to help you out should you have any camera issues.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

what is "qui lan"

Are you romanizing the hokkien term that basically means "condescending/insulting" ?
    ahhh, so you CAN write proper sentences!

well, do post up some photos for others to offer comment and suggestions for improvement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12