Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part III)

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Feedback on last night's talk:

1) I enjoyed it a lot. Road trip is my all-time favourite kind of holiday. I've not gone on an organized holiday for donkey years. As I'm not too familiar with US (except road trip holiday to SF, Yosemite, Sacramento, Napa in 2000), it was great to hear from someone with personal experience.

2) I did notice some signs of boredom from some people. I guess their expectations of the talk weren't aligned to what they heard that evening? I dunno...
    Probably gotta convey the details with more specifics, to weed out those expecting a "Chan Brothers" kind of presentation.

It was a great venue. Nice and comfortable, with free parking... Next time we coordinate some makan during the talk. My stomach grumbling towards the end
    i also detected some boredom coming from some of the folks. But I noticed several people loving it and eyes were glued to the pics. We can't please everyone also la.

I thought overall we did ok. Most people were happy.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    i also detected some boredom coming from some of the folks. But I noticed several people loving it and eyes were glued to the pics. We can't please everyone also la.

DD, can pm us the Andrew contact & the website
    Hope u didn't see me drool... Anyone keen to go Bali?

Just check the air-ticket is less than $300...
    HTC DHD rox 非澹泊无以明志, 非宁静无以致远 ☯ ♋ Flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chilicrab1 View Post

Or we go to Anambas?? I know the pricing. It is comparable to Bali free and easy package pricing, and you get all meals, accomodation and transport (all the boats, plane) covered and no one to chop your carrot head there.

i will post the website up. Oh goodness... I closed the thread already... blur like sotong.

here is Andrew's website

http://www.compassquestinternational.com/index.html
    Last edited by daredevil123; 11th August 2010 at 10:34 AM.

I think it was okay, but some of us got short attention span. Anything more than 1hrs... start losing us. Add another half hour, fidget here and there already.

Or we go to Anambas?? I know the pricing. It is comparable to Bali free and easy package pricing, and you get all meals, accomodation and transport (all the boats, plane) covered and no one to chop your carrot head there.

i will post the website up.
    sounds interesting.... as long middle of the month i can make it...
    month end month beginning cannot due to work commitment

Blog Entries

sounds interesting.... as long middle of the month i can make it...
    month end month beginning cannot due to work commitment
    I will try to gather a group together. Alvin also said he might be interested, especially he is a scuba diving fan. Let me try to get a group going. Will be interesting.

Actually I just booked tickets for Bali yesterday. Jetstar having promotions, $60 per pax, two of us plus airport tax comes up to around $300 only. Will be heading down there in Nov, hopefully not in the midst of monsoon and kena rained out

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Actually I just booked tickets for Bali yesterday. Jetstar having promotions, $60 per pax, two of us plus airport tax comes up to around $300 only. Will be heading down there in Nov, hopefully not in the midst of monsoon and kena rained out
    Wildcat recovered become thunder cat... grabbing ticket so fast...
    think i also need to 大病一场 to evo from chili crab to wasabi crab or pepper crab

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Feedback on last night's talk:

1) I enjoyed it a lot. Road trip is my all-time favourite kind of holiday. I've not gone on an organized holiday for donkey years. As I'm not too familiar with US (except road trip holiday to SF, Yosemite, Sacramento, Napa in 2000), it was great to hear from someone with personal experience.

2) I did notice some signs of boredom from some people. I guess their expectations of the talk weren't aligned to what they heard that evening? I dunno...
    Probably gotta convey the details with more specifics, to weed out those expecting a "Chan Brothers" kind of presentation.

It was a great venue. Nice and comfortable, with free parking... Next time we coordinate some makan during the talk. My stomach grumbling towards the end
    If you guys would like to see my crappy film PnS road trip from the 90s, I'd be willing to share...

Been to Yellow Stone / Grand Teton, the biggest and oldest State Park in the US. Covered 60%-80% of Oregon (US's most Naturally preserved state) - it's a pure Scenic state, beautiful scenes at every inch of the way!

Been to Utah and NV too (too bad missed out on the Monument valleys in Arizona)

Brought back about 12 rolls of 36 back then...have been shooting very conservatively... if I do go back there once more, it would be 10 packs of 8 GB cards...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 11th August 2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Wah shiok, so cheap... actually was planning a similar trip ard Oct after my ICT.. but looks like its not gg to happen nw with my wife stomach growing bigger each day...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Wah shiok, so cheap... actually was planning a similar trip ard Oct after my ICT.. but looks like its not gg to happen nw with my wife stomach growing bigger each day...
    I also paid about $300 for 2pax in 2009 But the problem with Jetstar is that you land quite late in the evening. That means you kind of 'waste' 1 day.
    But the price difference for the flight is more than enough to cover a night's stay at a decent hotel, so I think all in all still the better option.
    Exploring! :)

Sorry lads, I realised I maybe over enthusiastic in trying to share my photos, resulting in hijacking the thread (like trying to "show off")... It's a pity man, the fav hotspots for Singaporeans are always SF, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon (that's because they are closer to the hubs for the airlines)... What I'd call the "usuals". The true natural landscapes are always obscured from everyone because of the distances... and not heavily promoted by the travel agencies much (maybe to them, those common parks should be awe enough for you guys, I only beg to differ)... Heck, even the Ang Mohs (well most of them) don't even care about their national parks let alone enjoy them - talk about taking them for granted... Whereas, in the tight confines of ours, we can only make do with whatever we have... And envy about the greener pastures over at other countries...

Anyways, I'm just trying to share (since we're on the same topic), nevermind if it goes unappreciated. I guess I can only appreciate what USA has to offer in nature all by myself and my wife... I only want to unlock the "secrets" of the USA, areas not openly shared to the foreigners (maybe they just wanna keep it to themselves)...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 11th August 2010 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Sorry lads, I realised I maybe over enthusiastic in trying to share my photos, resulting in hijacking the thread (like trying to "show off")... It's a pity man, the fav hotspots for Singaporeans are always SF, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon (that's because they are closer to the hubs for the airlines)... What I'd call the "usuals". The true natural landscapes are always obscured from everyone because of the distances... and not heavily promoted by the travel agencies much (maybe to them, those common parks should be awe enough for you guys, I only beg to differ)... Heck, even the Ang Mohs (well most of them) don't even care about their national parks let alone enjoy them - talk about taking them for granted... Whereas, in the tight confines of ours, we can only make do with whatever we have...

Anyways, I'm just trying to share (since we're on the same topic), nevermind if it goes unappreciated. I guess I can only appreciate what USA has to offer in nature all by myself and my wife...

Actually I don't mind seeing the pics. and no worries about hijacking.. please la this is TCSS thread.

One of these days, we do kopi and bring laptop.. den TCSS share pics and stories... will be fun.

By the way, let me "hijacking" this thread and thanks for Bert & Andrew had organize such an wonderful and informative travel talks..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Actually I don't mind seeing the pics. and no worries about hijacking.. please la this is TCSS thread.

One of these days, we do kopi and bring laptop.. den TCSS share pics and stories... will be fun.
    Well, my bad... I was beginning to wonder if everyone thinks I'm a "show-off"... well maybe - but in the true essence, share with you guys so that if you do happen to drop by near the area in the US, you'll not miss it... Or if you plan a long trip and wanted something NOT too common (like the "usuals") and would like to enjoy a nice beautiful road trip (talk about WAH-ing every inch of the road like I did)...

Looking forward to the kopi session, only that I'll bring my albums, not laptop - too many to scan already!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    By the way, let me "hijacking" this thread and thanks for Bert & Andrew had organize such an wonderful and informative travel talks..
    Thanks for coming and supporting bro. I will send your gratitude to Andrew. I am still trying to get him to sign up here in CS.

I was worried people might get bored...

Maybe we need to organize more of these kind of talks.

so when's the next sunchasers event?
    Canon EOS 550D | EF-S17-55mm f2.8 IS USM | Black Rapid RS-7 Strap | Benro A-158 & BH-1 |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by macquekers View Post
    so when's the next sunchasers event?
    Not sure yet. We are only going to probably do one newbie shot per month from now on. It has been really tiring for a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Thanks Bro for pasing me the "golden hits", sorry couldnt stay bk abit longer and TCSS with yall guys, so where ur went for makan after the session??
    Haha, you rush home to see the 'golden hits" ah
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

I will try to gather a group together. Alvin also said he might be interested, especially he is a scuba diving fan. Let me try to get a group going. Will be interesting.
    Always keen for short trips ..... btw most likely end of year will be Chiang Mai for me
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser