Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: driver cause minor incident and drove off.....

Default Re: driver cause minor incident and drove off.....

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    Last week my friend got into a minor accident. the fellow suddenly change lane and my friend jam his brake, but too late. the fellow said claim his insurance. After they settle this issue, few hours later my friend made a police report and the police say another party made a report against u by saying my friend knock onto his car. haha. This type of driver worst leh.

Yes, taxi driver need to put food on table but don't be too good. Later they bite u back then u know.
    I am not sure how they do it here, nut from where I am coming from, when there is an accident, I need to make a small drawing about the situation (like who knock who), and both parties have to read and agree and then countersign (both parties) on the form for insurance........then the other party or you can not take back the original story

possibles to install some small cctv that will record when car moving? so when nothing happen can erase off and record again?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    possibles to install some small cctv that will record when car moving? so when nothing happen can erase off and record again?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24394 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    sometimes... by stopping and getting out of you vehicle and confronting another motorist may look like aggression... something akin to road bullies.

but i know how you felt... i do encounter lady drivers with bad driving abilities; but i just let it pass.
    Which reminds me of an incident last Friday at Orchard Rd. Was picking up my wife at Cineleisure, then we proceed to CTE down Orchard Rd. As I drove and turn right to travel down 313 that stretch of road, the moment I turned successfully, a lady driver a Mercs came into my lane without signalling as well.

We were so close in that lane and I had to slow down to let her pass first in order to avoid a side by side collision. She didnt even bothered to apologise by hand gesture. I was angered by her but I let it passed as my wife told me not to be angry with her.

Well, I do encounter some lady driver with very good attitude, this is just one of the bad ones out there. Just to let all drivers know, we share the same road - although its gahmen's road - we should be polite and graceful with each other to keep a better and safe journey.

Always take photos of the accident. Act calmly, take down all particulars, road and traffic conditions and do a quick sketch of the location. Never ever claim any liability, even if you may be in the wrong as that can be the basis for your own insurance company not to pay for the damages and worse if police case, you can be hauled up and charged (eg. you've had a few drinks and blab about it, even if you're not intoxicated ). Also if serious personal injury, any admission of liability can weaken your case if a civil suit ever reaches to court. When dealing with accidents involving taxis always report, however trivial because they will change their story to protect their ass as the taxi company will penalize them if they get into any accident and they are found to be at fault. Have had my fair share of idiots bumping into me.

Have u seen ppl traveling at high speed in car park??
    Yes I have, and they're not supposed to. Which is why I stated "legally speaking".

read my post, the taxi driver was behind the bloody auntie who cut in my lane without ensuring safety. When did i say i tail gate??? if no space how the auntie cut my lane????

I say again, i slow down after high beam as the bloody auntie leave me no choice, and the taxi who cannot see my brake lights judged according to my speed, which changed suddenly.
    Sorry but let me try to visualise the situation (pardon the bad drawing).

So if the taxi was behind the auntie, and auntie filtered into your lane, causing you to brake, how come the taxi bumped your car when he was in a different lane?

Saw one in Sim Lim that was build into the rear view mirror, which you can just attach to your exixting mirror (camrea pointing fromt). Not sure of the shop but if you're there may want to check it out.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

By the way, for accident report, if there is no injury or damage to public property, no police report, just report to your insurer.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    By the way, for accident report, if there is no injury or damage to public property, no police report, just report to your insurer.
    when you call the police, 1st question they will ask "any government properties damage?" if not then they will ask you go settle your self.

hahahahah
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Yes I have, and they're not supposed to. Which is why I stated "legally speaking".

Sorry but let me try to visualise the situation (pardon the bad drawing).

So if the taxi was behind the auntie, and auntie filtered into your lane, causing you to brake, how come the taxi bumped your car when he was in a different lane?
    Why cannot? The tax was behind the auntie, but not that near the auntie..... can understand now?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

If I understand correctly, a taxi driver hit your car but drove off.

If it was the other way around, you hit a taxi (even it was light scratch), I dont think the taxi driver would had let you off at all.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    If I understand correctly, a taxi driver hit your car but drove off.

If it was the other way around, you hit a taxi (even it was light scratch), I dont think the taxi driver would had let you off at all.
    ya true, next time must at least get the number.

true taxi hit me but i let him off.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12