Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from the Dead

Default Re: Back from the Dead

Latest video from Super Junior.

I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

One thing i dun understand about K-pop is why there are so many members in a group? eg SNSD, Superjunior,... Its almost like a choir line-up or a football team.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    One thing i dun understand about K-pop is why there are so many members in a group? eg SNSD, Superjunior,... Its almost like a choir line-up or a football team.
    K-pop is quite saturated with such bands at the moment and they're all catered to appeal to teenage girls for the boy bands and guys/uncles for the girl bands. More members in a group can cater to wider tastes and hence, capture more fans per group.

The companies are also very $$$ driven. They release mostly EPs (Mini albums) with 1-2 'hits' and are sure to re-issue the album with a new track. Per year, each band is likely to release 2 EPs and then 2 more re-issues plus various singles. These practices differs from the most of the rest of the world, esp the western artistes. If they do that, they will be accused of exploiting fans and their $$$.

If you want to listen to more serious music, then you'll be better off with rock/metal/jazz etc. K-pop is more like listen for fun. For me, K-pop is a break from the heavier stuff I listen to like metal/rock. One thing is for sure, they sure have some nice dance moves and so, K-pop is more 'visual' and they rely on music shows on TV to promote their songs. Quite different from western pop/rock where radio is still the traditional way for promos. This comes back to your question, more members dancing on stage can cater to a wider range of viewers and their varied and diverse tastes.

Sometimes, I really wonder if they're really singing or just lip-syning on stage. The music is like played on the sound system and they just sing or pretend to sing. Many of the performances are identical, near perfect. Too perfect in fact. Performences have to be varied and 'imperfect'; sort of different from the album version. At times, with so many members on stage, they all look like glam up back-up dancers. These days, I'm more forgiving, just make do with such performances. In the past, without a band backing them up, I would not have listen to the music. That said, I still will not pay to go to any of their concerts because I prefer the artistes to be really performing, eg playing the instruments and singing, just like most rock/metal bands do. And not listening to the sound system and the artiste just add/layed in his/her vocals. Alamak! Just like karaoke! BTW, I'm not bashing K-pop. I still like K-pop but these are my observations and preferences.

There is a new K-pop girl band called Miss A and their 1st single is quite a good song. Got a good bass line. Song is Good girl bad girl.
    Last edited by afbug; 6th August 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Latest video from Super Junior.

SOO cool!!!!!
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    K-pop is quite saturated with such bands at the moment and they're all catered to appeal to teenage girls for the boy bands and guys/uncles for the girl bands. More members in a group can cater to wider tastes and hence, capture more fans per group.

If you want to listen to more serious music, then you'll be better off with rock/metal/jazz etc. K-pop is more like listen for fun. For me, K-pop is a break from the heavier stuff I listen to like metal/rock. One thing is for sure, they sure have some nice dance moves and so, K-pop is more 'visual' and they rely on music shows on TV to promote their songs. Quite different from western pop/rock where radio is still the traditional way for promos. This comes back to your question, more members dancing on stage can cater to a wider range of viewers and their varied and diverse tastes.

hey! guess we're quite similar. usually queensryche/maiden/pantera/metallica and classic rock comes up on my playlist and k-pop's just for fun. metal/music from the 80's is so much different from the music these days. i rarely get on the local radio, get my fixes from online classic rock stations .

btw imho, linkin park sold their souls. used to listen to them, stopped when they released collision course. the experimentation was too much for me.
    i'm a noob | APWP 2012

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    K POP SNSD
    Nice picture.. good composition..

What Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed, lens, camera?

so that if one leaves the group, there are still 12 others for fangirls to squeal about (:

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    so that if one leaves the group, there are still 12 others for fangirls to squeal about (:
    LOL WHO said onli gals listen to Kpop???? I LURVE IT but sadly i'm NOT a girl.
    indie

Last edited by leowyien; 6th August 2010 at 10:12 PM.
    indie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    I LIKE SHINee Its a band!!!!
    AND 2pm
    And SuJu with SOrry

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry
    Naega naega naega meonjeo
    Nege nege nege ppajyeo
    Ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby
    Shawty Shawty Shawty Shawty
    Nuni busyeo busyeo busyeo
    Sumi makhyeo makhyeo makhyeo
    Naega michyeo michyeo baby
    repetition can be used to bring forward a point. overusage drives me crazy.
    i'm fine with some kpop, not saying all bad. but now its overkill with every tom dick harry trying to dance like them, and ending up looking like headless chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by nissanmanic View Post
    hey! guess we're quite similar. usually queensryche/maiden/pantera/metallica and classic rock comes up on my playlist and k-pop's just for fun. metal/music from the 80's is so much different from the music these days. i rarely get on the local radio, get my fixes from online classic rock stations .

btw imho, linkin park sold their souls. used to listen to them, stopped when they released collision course. the experimentation was too much for me.
    Ah yes! Maiden's new album will be out soon. Some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier

I listen to most types of metal, a bit here and there but can't stand the lo-fi quality of black metal and the slowness of pure doom metal. Doom metal is the 1 form of music I just dun get it.

I made a mistake a couple of years back. Wanted to try out Pig Destroyer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Destroyer But bought their Natasha EP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_(EP) without much thought and found out that its a doom metal style release. What a diasaster! It contain just a single track that is 38 mins long.

Here is a nice K-trot song

Miss A
    Last edited by afbug; 7th August 2010 at 05:19 AM.

The companies are also very $$$ driven. They release mostly EPs (Mini albums) with 1-2 'hits' and are sure to re-issue the album with a new track. Per year, each band is likely to release 2 EPs and then 2 more re-issues plus various singles. These practices differs from the most of the rest of the world, esp the western artistes. If they do that, they will be accused of exploiting fans and their $$$.

Sometimes, I really wonder if they're really singing or just lip-syning on stage. The music is like played on the sound system and they just sing or pretend to sing. Many of the performances are identical, near perfect. Too perfect in fact. Performences have to be varied and 'imperfect'; sort of different from the album version. At times, with so many members on stage, they all look like glam up back-up dancers. These days, I'm more forgiving, just make do with such performances. In the past, without a band backing them up, I would not have listen to the music. That said, I still will not pay to go to any of their concerts because I prefer the artistes to be really performing, eg playing the instruments and singing, just like most rock/metal bands do. And not listening to the sound system and the artiste just add/layed in his/her vocals. Alamak! Just like karaoke! BTW, I'm not bashing K-pop. I still like K-pop but these are my observations and preferences.

There is a new K-pop girl band called Miss A and their 1st single is quite a good song. Got a good bass line. Song is Good girl bad girl.
    Thanks. I guess its just business with a different form of commodity.

Heavy metal / hard rock always try to project a not a sell-out image which is different from pop music.

Anyway, Justin Beiber irritates me.

Thanks. I guess its just business with a different form of commodity.

Heavy metal / hard rock always try to project a not a sell-out image which is different from pop music.

Anyway, Justin Beiber irritates me.
    Yea. Nv liked bieber myself.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

I like this artist - Son Dam Bi. Her songs not bad.

I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

K-pop lovers, if you have starhub tv, later at 2am, on Animax ch532, they're showing a 1hr girl bands in 2009 music special.

K-pop lovers, if you have starhub tv, later at 2am, on Animax ch532, they're showing a 1hr girl bands in 2009 music special.
    ARRGH I cancelled mine last week!!!!!!!
    indie

i prefer more matured sexy kpop women

talk about catering to a wide market LOL!!

BUT things can really get confusing when kpop merges with Jpop

Last edited by razor; 9th August 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Another XMM group. Orange Caramel partial group from After School.

I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

KARAs!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...wall&ref=notif

GUESS WHO??? Pls add 당신에게 많은 감사
    indie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast