Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macbook Pro 13" For PP

Default Re: Macbook Pro 13" For PP

Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    But, do note that for photography, Apple screen is one of the best
    ( at the price point ) in the market. Look at colour gamut and max contrast....Only Sony and Dell has something close, but at much higher
    price.
    Dell XPS 16 with the RGBLED screen upgrade should be a reasonably priced machine (should still be lower priced than most if not all Mac Book Pros... I managed to config one with this screen at only S$2199) with better colour than the Mac Book Pros... but still a glossy screen, I believe... save the money and get a screen profiling solution (will need it as it's an "extended gamut" screen) and a matte screen protector... YMMV

but the best laptop screens should actually be in two HP models, their Dreamcolor screens in their 2 mobile workstation (and very expensive) Elitebook models 8740w and 8540w, which are probably the only 8bit IPS screens in current laptops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The Dell 27" IPS panel is better than the apple display, and cheaper than a 24" apple display.
    I think he's talking about laptops lah...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    Dell XPS 16 with the RGBLED screen upgrade should be a reasonably priced machine (should still be lower priced than most if not all Mac Book Pros... I managed to config one with this screen at only S$2199) with better colour than the Mac Book Pros... but still a glossy screen, I believe... save the money and get a screen profiling solution (will need it as it's an "extended gamut" screen) and a matte screen protector... YMMV

but the best laptop screens should actually be in two HP models, their Dreamcolor screens in their 2 mobile workstation (and very expensive) Elitebook models 8740w and 8540w, which are probably the only 8bit IPS screens in current laptops...I think he's talking about laptops lah...
    haha

That's the same notebook I got, but the battery life is really horrible and it heats up like crazy.
    Yes, for 16-17" Dell XPS 16 is a good alternative...but if you consider the battery life and resale value, ( Apple old notebooks have astonishing resale ) then, Apple still better.

I went back and forth between Apple and Dell XPS.
    I did my best to change, but I just hate how Apple forces you to do things their way or the highway.....

HP has good alternatives, but both their prices and weight is WOW !

For most laptops you probably need to dip them in liquid nitrogen. The Apple laptops are notoriously know to run super hot these days. I sold all my macbooks and replace them with a desktop. I know that doesnt help much but for the occasional photoshopper, a macbook with lots of RAM or a decent laptop with similar specs (cheaper too!) would be fine. What you really need to invest your money is a good and large display. Maybe I am just pampered with a large display that i find even the 17" laptop's screen too small. Hehe. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12