Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

  1. #1

    Default second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    hi i saw this deal at marketplace a while back. it comes with everything, box, lens and bag except sd card. should i get? im afraid that its a scam or smth..

  2. #2

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    its also comes with 5 mths warranty.

  3. #3

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    why go for a 1000d + lens for $550
    add abit more like $600+ u can get a 450D which is better than 1000d
    to me the price is abit too high for the 1000d

  4. #4

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    why go for a 1000d + lens for $550
    add abit more like $600+ u can get a 450D which is better than 1000d
    to me the price is abit too high for the 1000d
    hi cause im new to dslr and i have quite a tight budget.. yeah.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Try google "1000D kit wts site:clubsnap.com" to see past postings.

  6. #6

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    $550 is still considered ok. Someone at b&s is selling it at 700 without warranty. Actually A brand new one can be bought for $709.

  7. #7
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumwanru View Post
    hi i saw this deal at marketplace a while back. it comes with everything, box, lens and bag except sd card. should i get? im afraid that its a scam or smth..
    Then get somebody who is familiar, pay him a kopi or some roti prata and ask him for help. Ask for the receipt to see how much warranty is really left (receipt is what counts, not any comments about 'unfilled' or 'unregistered warranty').
    Search / Google for shutter count and read a bit if you are worried about that. But frankly: if you are on budget then this topic should not bother you too much.
    EOS

  8. #8
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    I feel there shd be better offers...why go for 1000d...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Then get somebody who is familiar, pay him a kopi or some roti prata and ask him for help. Ask for the receipt to see how much warranty is really left (receipt is what counts, not any comments about 'unfilled' or 'unregistered warranty').
    Search / Google for shutter count and read a bit if you are worried about that. But frankly: if you are on budget then this topic should not bother you too much.
    he claim that shutter count is ard 9k now.. any ideas how to check the camera?

  10. #10

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    why not consider other models?

    1000D is not a camera I will recommend to my friends...

  11. #11

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumwanru View Post
    hi i saw this deal at marketplace a while back. it comes with everything, box, lens and bag except sd card. should i get? im afraid that its a scam or smth..
    sounds like a gd deal

  12. #12

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    It doesn;t look like a scam. I feel the price is high compared to current pricing.

    If you have an old/spoilt canon digi/film cam, bring into Canon Service Centre at Harbourfront for the priviledge purchase program. Its not called trade in.

    1000D is at $799 with 18-55mm lens. Surrender your old cam and get 20.5% off. It comes to about $636 with GST.

    http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/pro...-kit-efs-18-55.

    8GB card and bag is included in the above price.

    Pls give Canon a call before going down to confirm the 20.5% still stands. I recently enquired for my cousin who was intending to get the 550D.

    Do the sums. Less than $100 more gives you assurance its brand new and warranty coverage is full + no need to spend another $20+ for the mem card. hmm..i think you should buy new. haaa

    hth
    Last edited by azurebluee; 3rd August 2010 at 12:33 AM.

  13. #13
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumwanru View Post
    .. any ideas how to check the camera?
    See first line of my previous post. You seem to need a friend .. or a lot of trust in the seller
    EOS

  14. #14

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by azurebluee View Post
    It doesn;t look like a scam. I feel the price is high compared to current pricing.

    If you have an old/spoilt canon digi/film cam, bring into Canon Service Centre at Harbourfront for the priviledge purchase program. Its not called trade in.

    1000D is at $799 with 18-55mm lens. Surrender your old cam and get 20.5% off. It comes to about $636 with GST.

    http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/pro...-kit-efs-18-55.

    8GB card and bag is included in the above price.

    Pls give Canon a call before going down to confirm the 20.5% still stands. I recently enquired for my cousin who was intending to get the 550D.

    Do the sums. Less than $100 more gives you assurance its brand new and warranty coverage is full + no need to spend another $20+ for the mem card. hmm..i think you should buy new. haaa

    hth
    ya ... go sungei road and look for any canon camera be it film slr or film pns ... i went to ask for a film pns it cost only $5

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumwanru View Post
    he claim that shutter count is ard 9k now.. any ideas how to check the camera?
    If you have no idea how to check a camera, you should just buy new.

    Or you can get a knowledgeable friend to go down with you to check. But even the most experienced photographers get ripped sometimes. So the question goes back to you. Can you take the risk or not? If you are totally risk adverse, just buy new. If you think the risk is worth the discount, then go for it. But if something goes wrong, just don't

    HTH.

  16. #16

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    See first line of my previous post. You seem to need a friend .. or a lot of trust in the seller
    i rather trust my friend
    so if anything wrong i can always blame him or find him haha

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    ya ... go sungei road and look for any canon camera be it film slr or film pns ... i went to ask for a film pns it cost only $5
    The stuff in sungei road are all junk. The good stuff are long gone. Trust me, I used to go down there and hunt.

  18. #18
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    i rather trust my friend
    so if anything wrong i can always blame him or find him haha
    You must have very little friends. Or a lot of fair weather friends.

  19. #19
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The stuff in sungei road are all junk. The good stuff are long gone. Trust me, I used to go down there and hunt.
    +1 Sad to see formerly good equipment is such a state ...
    EOS

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    +1 Sad to see formerly good equipment is such a state ...
    I saw a rollei there once. Got a little excited, picked it up and turn it around to look at the lens. Then realized there is no glass in the lens. Someone taped a piece of orange cellophane where the front glass element used to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •