Thread: Iphone 4 Owners ... Any problems with antenna so far?

Default Iphone 4 Owners ... Any problems with antenna so far?

Hi to the new Iphone 4 owners, anyone of you encounter any problems with the iphone 4? Could you all help to post some comments here, esp on the antennagate problem? Tks!!

Default Re: Iphone 4 Owners ... Any problems with antenna so far?

Just cannot reproduce the so called "antenna issue" no matter how I grip my iphone 4. On Starhub line. I think it is AT&T issue. Also never heard of any complaints from users of other countries.
    Fenders American Vintage '62 Stratocaster® Reissue

from what i heard, it is the CORNER.

Starhub seems pretty good eh... i also read a few pple trying the death grip on Starhub, but just couldnt get the signal to weaken. But I saw some demonstrating on Singtel network, and they were able to reduce the signal bar to one bar... altho they cant get it to totally wipe out the signals... there's always one bar remaining....

can be the software programmed to show one bar at least?

anyway, how the battery life and do current battery boosters work with the new model?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

May b should test while making a call. the bar could lie
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Buy a phone case/housing lo. No big deal la. We usually buy 1 for our phones. Though, from what I read, it can't be reproduced by everyone.

We may have much lower antenna problem on iphone 4 here. One of the advantage of a small country is its easy to cover with cell sites. A drop of a bar of signal in here is negligible. Compare our country with US, the dense of cell sites on some area there might not be as high as ours.

I'm sure anyone (there's lots out there) who tries really hard enough, can re-enact the experiment and see the drop in reception...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Blog Entries

What is the big deal anyway?

I get lost network messages on my 3GS/Singtel line all the time, I believe it is depending on the service provider, my wife's 3GS/starhub line does not experience any.

Once my contract ends, I will switch service providers
    Last edited by ortega; 3rd August 2010 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

I get lost network messages on my 3GS/Singtel line all the time, I believe it is depending on the service provider, my wife's 3GS/starhub line does not experience any.

Same here. I can't even use my ST line at home. I've been calling them for the past year and a half about it, and they always promise me they'll send a technician down.

Check out our very own local saga with iPhone no coverage problem.

Source: http://www.wengyee.com/tiki-index.ph...Singtel-Iphone

Summary

* Bought iPhone service (iPhone + iFlexi Lite 24 months contract) with Singtel
    * My home location has weak signal from Singtel. Enough for any other phone but not iPhone.
    * Singtel refused to believe me.
    * Singtel always blame the SIM card for any issue. It is the cheapest thing to replace. And you need to make a trip down to their shop.
    * I'm too kind to Singtel. I spent more than 5 hours on the phone. Wasted 3 trips to visit them personally, another 10 hours, excluding traveling expenses.
    * I've obediently followed all their instructions.
    * Since Singtel cannot provide me with a reasonable iPhone service, I very kindly offered to return the iPhone and void the contract. I'll get another phone, forget about this episode, I'll still be a happy Singtel subscriber. Singtel refused, insist on charging me a $800 penalty if I do so.
    * Singtel promised a reply by 19/12/2009.

huh? is it! I always thought singtel reception is the strongest? was even thinking to switch from starhub to singtel once my plan is up.

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    huh? is it! I always thought singtel reception is the strongest? was even thinking to switch from starhub to singtel once my plan is up.
    Maybe that was 'once upon a time'.

Yup, me too encounter same problem. The reason I switched from Starhub is because of weak signal in outer skirt area. But, with my iphone 3GS, I got lost network quite often.

Guys, any advice

ya loh, no big deal. my other non-iPhone phones also got drop signal strength.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm