Thread: Warranty question

Question Warranty question

Last October, I won a Canon printer from a competition and it has 24 months warranty but until now I have not yet registered the warranty online.

So is the warranty still 24 months from the date of registration or have the warranty started counting down since the day I won it? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warranty question

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Last October, I won a Canon printer from a competition and it has 24 months warranty but until now I have not yet registered the warranty online.

So is the warranty still 24 months from the date of registration or have the warranty started counting down since the day I won it? Thanks.
    The day you took ownership of the printer.

Most take it as date of registration. Unless it has been registered by the sponsors.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

I'm not really sure though but it has the Canon stamp.

They will check against the receipt IIRC
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    They will check against the receipt IIRC
    Um I won it so there's no receipt.

They won't check the reciept.

FYI, I bought a printer 1 month ago without reg the warranty online. But last week my printer gave up due to heavy usage
    and called up canon and she ask for serial no and straight she know the set is still under warranty.

Iirc, canon printer got 2 years warranty and additional 3 mnths if u reg online. 1st year technician walk into ur house and 2nd year onward u need to bring in ur own.

Hope this helps.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Um I won it so there's no receipt.
    None even when you collected it?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    They won't check the reciept.

FYI, I bought a printer 1 month ago without reg the warranty online. But last week my printer gave up due to heavy usage
    and called up canon and she ask for serial no and straight she know the set is still under warranty.

Iirc, canon printer got 2 years warranty and additional 3 mnths if u reg online. 1st year technician walk into ur house and 2nd year onward u need to bring in ur own.

Hope this helps.
    But when does the warranty starts? When the printer is handed to me or when it is rolled out of the factory?

But when does the warranty starts? When the printer is handed to me or when it is rolled out of the factory?
    Hmmm. Good question. I also dunno. Haha. I still rmb asking the operator is my set still under warranty? She say yes, still under 2 year warranty.

Maybe Canon will use the printer's serial number... and check it against the date in which the printer was shipped out of their warehouse. So that's when your warranty date starts. This will eat some time into your warranty period.
    The best things in life are free.

Since canon provide 2 years warranty for printer. I think when the printer out of factory, the warranty already started. So when we provide them with serial number, they got a rough +- date? Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for TS, I think u don't reg lah. After 2 years something happen then u call canon then u tell them u bought a left on shelve printer just last month lo. Haha.

If you're concern when should the warranty starts, then register now. Put date of purchase as the day you register. Since 24 months warranty, no need to be so critical on when to register (if this is your concern).

If the registration goes thru, then your warranty record should reflect the time you purchase which is the registration date.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

Warranty is a promise towards the buyer to replace faulty parts etc. - So warranty period can only start upon hand over to the buyer.
    EOS