Thread: Photo shooting at MBS Skypark

Default Photo shooting at MBS Skypark

Can anyone comfirm we can bring our DSLR and tripods epuipment there to take picture as MBS website
    stated as followng that is not allowed.Thanks.

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following items are PROHIBITED and therefore not permitted on The Marina Bay Sands SkyPark:

•Luggage, prams, professional photographic equipment, professional video-recording equipment, pre-purchased food and beverages (these are available for purchase at The SkyPark), glass bottles, aluminum cans, pets (only service animals are permitted), aerosol cans, firearms, knives (including pocket knives), box cutters or weapons of any kind, chairs, picnic blankets, signs, sticks, poles, laser pointers, whistles, air horns, bull horns, fireworks, illegal substances/narcotics, pepper spray, mace and any item deemed by management to be dangerous or inappropriate.

Default Re: Photo shooting at MBS Skypark

Wah.. Stricter than Pinnacle @ Duxton??

i was there with my girlfriend on NDP rehearsal last Sat... DSLRs are allowed, be it pro or non-pro body. You can even lug a 200mm f/2, no one really cares.

you may even bring your tripod up to the Skypark, but you are not allowed to setup any tripod up there. Can bring but cannot use.

the food up there is pretty expensive... a bottle of Tiger beer cost $10, a can of Coke cost $4.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

How to take night shooting without tripod?Can we bring our owned bottle of drink or food?

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    you may even bring your tripod up to the Skypark, but you are not allowed to setup any tripod up there. Can bring but cannot use.

the food up there is pretty expensive... a bottle of Tiger beer cost $10, a can of Coke cost $4.

actually they nv make noise initially when we deploy the tripod. only during the firework, they stop us from deploying tripod. end up use monopod.

ohya, i met a guy there. he brought a clamp-type holder and fix his camera on the railing. damn smart. hahaha
    Nikon D90 | SB800 | N18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 | N50mm f/1.8 | T11-16mm f2.8

There is a thread on it.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720817

I went up recently.. There no time limit of how long u can stay up there, only the allocated time slot for u to go up. For hobbyist like me, bring a dslr up is ok. Bring a tripod up is ok too but as for shooting fireworks/night scene. One of the security i asked there said can but cant open too wide or shoot liao close it, don't park there forever n block other people walking path. BUT i heard many different story/reason given by the security guard.

The term "professional photographic equipment" is very misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    How to take night shooting without tripod?Can we bring our owned bottle of drink or food?
    i went to MBS Skypark 2 times; first time with my camera in daytime... second time without my camera. Too many people, too crowded, and I don't want to risk my camera getting into free-fall situation.

p/s: you cannot bring your own food up there. The security officers will examine your bags before you get through the entrance.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

I organized an outing to MBS Skypark on June 21st, and in the group that shot up at the Skypark, everyone brought their tripods except for one, and all had dSLRs!

But some were using those freebie tripods, which definitely can be hidden but if you are using a big tripod, it will be obvious, yet they closed one eye.

I went up with the tripod slung across my chest, and they still let me in. Of course, I reduced my camera equipment to essentials, not bringing everything.

On the same day, met another photographer and he was whipping around his 70-200 white L Canon lens, and nobody bothered him.

So, I supposed it depends on which security-type people are on duty, and what time. I came in at 5pm and stayed till 8pm.

Just sharing my experience.

But if you were stopped, please don't whack me for giving you false information.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by J2meePok View Post
    There is a thread on it.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720817

I went up recently.. There no time limit of how long u can stay up there, only the allocated time slot for u to go up. For hobbyist like me, bring a dslr up is ok. Bring a tripod up is ok too but as for shooting fireworks/night scene. One of the security i asked there said can but cant open too wide or shoot liao close it, don't park there forever n block other people walking path. BUT i heard many different story/reason given by the security guard.

The term "professional photographic equipment" is very misleading.
    glad to hear the guy u met can AND will use his discretion..
    the security guy i overheard last weekend just wants to facilitate crowd movements and acts accordingly.
    so dun bother to bring ur big tripods up on national day..
    unless u're into weight training..

1st time was a normal night i manage to sneak up a tripod and use. 2nd time was during NDP rehearsal kena caught but they dun do anything to u. juz pack ur gear and they'll walk. if u need tripod go turn it into monopod and they MAY close one eye
    Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D

i was there with my lens 70-200mm and tripod last week, why not?
    not to impress but shoot to express

Quote Originally Posted by KT1031 View Post
    actually they nv make noise initially when we deploy the tripod. only during the firework, they stop us from deploying tripod. end up use monopod.

ohya, i met a guy there. he brought a clamp-type holder and fix his camera on the railing. damn smart. hahaha
    Is that a Gorrilapod or smth?? Can't actually remember the full term for it.