Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 279

Thread: Review Samsung NX10

  1. #81

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    Shall we have a nx10 gathering one day? Then we can share techniques too?? I'm curious if the flash gun is gd. Who have d big one n is it as good in portrait shoot? Anyway, I'm keeping my nx10 as it's compact for travel. After the photokina, I may get a high end dslr after all
    Sounds like a good idea.

    That is, if you don't mind seeing someone walk into the gathering with only an NX10 with the 15-55mm kit lens and nothing else.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    I dnt think they will mind bah. Small group gathering is good also, feel free to bring yr other camera along loh. I think many nx10 user maybe newbie too, learn frm one another diffrnt settings n ways of taking pics is gd too wat... Well we at least have a start rt?? Every brand hav sm gathering at least we hav a start.

  3. #83

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Wd be cool to see sm nx10 user using d big glashgun taking portraits. Really want to see hws d effect like... N wnder wat filter effects can company d set too... Sign, if only samsung Can have 50mm f1.4 or wide angle lens sn... Sm of the line up lens I find kinda redundant. ESP that 18-55mm without stabilser... Wats the point of that lens seriously I also find them weird to have.

  4. #84

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    im all fine for an NX10 gathering, but the question is, when will most be available for such an outing?

    plus, how many NX10 users are there in CS?

  5. #85

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Maybe this sun morning? We go sentosa??Theme like beach or the nature walk... like arnd 9am or 10?If not enough or less than 6 then next time lo

  6. #86

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    Maybe this sun morning? We go sentosa??Theme like beach or the nature walk... like arnd 9am or 10?If not enough or less than 6 then next time lo
    unfortunately, won't be free for the next 2 weeks, including weekends.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    some images from my recent NZ trip. Taken with NX10 + 30mm
    Last edited by alantkh; 24th October 2010 at 08:07 PM.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    some images from my recent NZ trip. Taken with NX10 + 30mm
    Amazing landscapes..
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

  9. #89

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Wow!! So beautiful n hAppy family!! U only use ur 30mm? Didn't bring other lens?

  10. #90

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    I chose the scenes that had wide dynamic range to test the DR of NX10 as this is a technical thread.

    This was one of my main concerns about NX10, not the high iso performance but whether the camera can shot in sunny backlit conditions.

    Conclusion is it is not bad if you expose correctly which is easier due to the live histogram. I ended up using manual mode 99% of the time due to tricky exposure.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    Wow!! So beautiful n hAppy family!! U only use ur 30mm? Didn't bring other lens?
    I only have a 30mm lens.

    I brought my D700 14-24 and 70-200mm lens along though. The NX10 30mm (45mm equivalent) is a normal lens which is used when I want something light and unobtrusive or when I need something wider (with 70-200mm mounted) or more tele (with the 14-24mm mounted)

  12. #92

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    I chose the scenes that had wide dynamic range to test the DR of NX10 as this is a technical thread.

    This was one of my main concerns about NX10, not the high iso performance but whether the camera can shot in sunny backlit conditions.

    Conclusion is it is not bad if you expose correctly which is easier due to the live histogram. I ended up using manual mode 99% of the time due to tricky exposure.
    Would it be better if you attach a CPL filter to tackle the backlit condition?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  13. #93

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    I chose the scenes that had wide dynamic range to test the DR of NX10 as this is a technical thread.

    This was one of my main concerns about NX10, not the high iso performance but whether the camera can shot in sunny backlit conditions.

    Conclusion is it is not bad if you expose correctly which is easier due to the live histogram. I ended up using manual mode 99% of the time due to tricky exposure.
    Yes I would imagine that finding a good exposure balance is pretty tricky under these conditions. I only think that the last photo could have been exposed by maybe an extra 1/3rd of a stop without too much highlight detail lost - leading to a more balanced shot overall. Still, in my opinion, pretty good job.

    The dynamic range looks really good. You can really see the APS-C sized sensor coming into play here. I see that blown out highlights are well controlled and shadows just right. I still think the NX10 has an edge over m43 cameras with DR.

    Do you have a D700 body? Do you think that the advantage provided by the full frame sensor would have been significant over the NX10's APS-C?
    Last edited by Shahmatt; 27th August 2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

  14. #94

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    The dynamic range looks really good. You can really see the APS-C sized sensor coming into play here. I see that blown out highlights are well controlled and shadows just right. I still think the NX10 has an edge over m43 cameras with DR.

    Do you have a D700 body? Do you think that the advantage provided by the full frame sensor would have been significant over the NX10's APS-C?
    Actually I think for APS-C sensor, the DR of the NX10 is only so so. probably better than m43 but not as good as the best APS-C out there like the nikon D90 or pentax kx.

    The D700 is significantly better in IQ. I should dig out similar shots of the same scene using my D700 as a comparison. Basically the under exposed areas has much less noise when you adjust the curves in post processing.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Would it be better if you attach a CPL filter to tackle the backlit condition?
    no CPL filter. The 30mm has an odd sized filter thread. Too lazy to screw filter on and off.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    NX10 + Minolta Rokkor 24mm f2.8 via adapter
    F4, 1/640, ISO 100


  17. #97

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    I redid the processing for the last pic


  18. #98

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Alan ur daughter is like spokesgirl of nx10. Btw can I use 3rd party glashgun fornx10?

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Biocell View Post
    Alan ur daughter is like spokesgirl of nx10. Btw can I use 3rd party glashgun fornx10?
    Yes, I am using a Canon flash unit . You just have to use manual mode or A mode setting on the flash unit. No point getting the Samsung flash as you cannot do HSS (shutter speed over 1/180s) with your NX10.
    Last edited by Zenten; 28th August 2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Samsung NX10 Images and Comments Thread

    NX10 naturally ..............



    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •