Thread: Advise for Posting Photos

Default Advise for Posting Photos

Hi,

Will appreciate if anyone can advise how i can reduce my photo file size so that i can post it in clubsnap? Do i have to do any adjustment using photoshop? Just trying out with my digital camera, me really new at this!

Btw, if i were to send my photos for printing, what resolution should i choose? The maximum for my camera is 2240 X 1680 which give me around 1.8M (low compression) for a photo, or should i choose 1600 X 1200?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Advise for Posting Photos

Originally posted by kueko
    Hi,

Will appreciate if anyone can advise how i can reduce my photo file size so that i can post it in clubsnap? Do i have to do any adjustment using photoshop? Just trying out with my digital camera, me really new at this!

Btw, if i were to send my photos for printing, what resolution should i choose? The maximum for my camera is 2240 X 1680 which give me around 1.8M (low compression) for a photo, or should i choose 1600 X 1200?

Thanks in advance!
    For your 1st question, resizing them to a width of 600-700 pixels on the longer side, then saving as JPEG-5 will do the trick. This should yield a file size of 100KB or less.

2nd question: Depends on what size you are printing. For 4R, you need a minimum of 640x480, and for 8R, a minimum of 1600x1200. For optimal quality, multiply width and height of final size by 300ppi (pixels per inch) to get the pixel size. Eg. If you want a very good 8 x 10" print, you need a resolution of (8x300) by (10x300) = 2400 x 3000 pixels, or around 6 megapixels. Most of the time, you can usually get by with less. 200ppi or so will give a VERY GOOD print already.

Regards
    CK