Thread: Fliter uses?

Default Fliter uses?

Been reading a lot of topic about uses of fliter.. but still don really understand what does each fliter do.. and what type.. like UV there MRC version and non MRC version... What is MRC?
    Any kind bro care to list a whole list of fliter and what they does? information is greatly appreciate...

Default Re: Fliter uses?

MRC= Multi coating resistant or something. Thats for filters from B+W. Basically means it has special coating that protects it from scratch, fingerprint etc iirc. Easier to clean as well
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Erm .. it's filter, Plural: filters.
    About the purpose of different filters you may want to Google for "Photographic Filters". Enjoy reading.
    Last edited by Octarine; 31st July 2010 at 08:09 PM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    MRC= Multi coating resistant or something. Thats for filters from B+W. Basically means it has special coating that protects it from scratch, fingerprint etc iirc. Easier to clean as well
    The main purpose of coating is preventing reflections at the glass surface of the lens elements.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog05 View Post
    Been reading a lot of topic about uses of fliter.. but still don really understand what does each fliter do.. and what type.. like UV there MRC version and non MRC version... What is MRC?
    Any kind bro care to list a whole list of fliter and what they does? information is greatly appreciate...
    Are you for real???

You know how many kinds of filters are out there??

I am a kind bro, but I have a special filter on now call "Lazy Filter". It filters out Lazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Are you for real???

You know how many kinds of filters are out there??

I am a kind bro, but I have a special filter on now call "Lazy Filter". It filters out Lazy people.
    i don noe... that y i hope maybe some kind and free soul will tell me yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ehhh... i noe i sound like hoping to be spoon feed.. but as what daredevil bro said... there whole lots of filters out there... how to google all of them? i tried searching in CS, but not very helpful though.. so i tot maybe someone can create a sticky and serve the community yeah...

that what forums for isn't it... for sharing and finding whole lots of information... if google can answer most of the newbie qns.. maybe the newbie corner can be can be replace with google search yeah...

not trying to start any war over the net.. just some idea to make CS a better resource..

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Erm .. it's filter, Plural: filters.
    About the purpose of different filters you may want to Google for "Photographic Filters". Enjoy reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The main purpose of coating is preventing reflections at the glass surface of the lens elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    appreciated... it is useful replies to me.. thx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog05 View Post
    i don noe... that y i hope maybe some kind and free soul will tell me yeah..

ehhh... i noe i sound like hoping to be spoon feed.. but as what daredevil bro said... there whole lots of filters out there... how to google all of them? i tried searching in CS, but not very helpful though.. so i tot maybe someone can create a sticky and serve the community yeah...

that what forums for isn't it... for sharing and finding whole lots of information... if google can answer most of the newbie qns.. maybe the newbie corner can be can be replace with google search yeah...

not trying to start any war over the net.. just some idea to make CS a better resource..
    Because it is harder to gather the info, so you expect someone else to do it for you? Is that what you are trying to say?

Yes Google can answer most of newbie qns. Newbie corner is here to answer questions for those who got the info but do not understand them and/or have further questions.

Forums is for sharing info, yes. But it is not for someone to ask other people to find out info for them.

CS is a very good resource. You need to use the "search" function to use that resource. There have been many threads on filters and what they are for. Even on the internet there are tons of info. But there is no such thing as a list for ALL the filters. Because no one uses ALL the filters. There are only a few popular ones. I won't list them here. I do not want to rob you of the joy of self-discovery.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 1st August 2010 at 07:07 AM.