Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In a foul mood - What would you do?

Hi Michelle,

My suggestion is that you can cry it out or laugh it out. This is life's journey. A lot of times, is not the end that matters, is the journey, the process. Maybe through this life's lesson you may grow and learn faster.

Playing sports may be a good way too. Think of what you want to pick up but do not have the time/chance to do it. Well, or pick up your camera and go shooting.

If you see a pscyhiatrist, you may not be given prozac yet unless is really severe depression.

Talk to your friends and loved ones.

Anyway, work is only a means to get the $$ for your "true life" (photography for example).

Anyway, I have 2 weblinks to share with you.

http://www.llangley.com/yoga/wisdom/rightnow[2].htm
    http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/

Go out and enjoy your Sunday.

Kindest regards,
    bee

You think you can find a solution in a public forum? My advise? Go to the roof of a very tall buildinf and look down. You will see how minutesque your problems are.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    You think you can find a solution in a public forum? My advise? Go to the roof of a very tall buildinf and look down. You will see how minutesque your problems are.
    lolzz dude..that is dangerous suggestion

Just go out and take photos!!! Will make u feel better

Quote Originally Posted by rapidmax
    Hello Michelle,

My advice is: go see the psych to see if you are suffering from depression (very likely from what I read in your post) then probably he will give you prozac for a while. This does help and since it is on a prescription and follows some course of treatment it will help you while you need it and it will help you withdraw when you no longer need it.

I also suggest that you really try to accept what office politics and situation is. I am not suggesting that you passively let crap happen to you but it helps you if you can come to terms with how things have come to be now. This will kinda relieve you from the stress of not finding any way out. Once you can accept the office situation, you will have a clearer mind as to what to do. So stop struggling against it (if you are) and start thinking of the good things that you get from the office for the time being while of course aiming for better (better can be more optimistic about the office or changing office altogether or changing profession - though changing is hardly a solution normally because changing means adaptation to new environment). The deal is to be positive about things, harder to do than to say, but with real rewards. Being positive will make you less down and this opens the doors for inter personal communications and ask you something: who will your superiors prefer to work with? someone who is depressed and always sad or some who is breathing life and cheering up?

See, the problem might be your perception with regards to things: look at some of the people posting here, who are telling you that some don't have a job and stuff. Well, you can start rejoicing from there: you got a job and a revenue. You have your family and you can watch movies with them. You have photography into which you can lose yourself for a while. You probably have friends to confide in. You have projects for the future. A lot of us don't have those and we still manage to survive and not be so down.

Seriously, the solution to what seems to be the load of crap falling on you right now is that you should really have a hard go at all the good things that are happening to you in life. While dealing with other not so good things once at a time, give yourself time to breathe and do not jam your brain with a lot of stuff... progress slowly but surely, don't try to overachieve and mess it all up, patience.

And don't run into a relationship thinking that things will be better. The guy could have lots of problem and might not be able to solve yours. Sort yourself out first and then start something up with someone else, it is not only fair that way but it avoids you more problem in the future.

First step to start with: write down all the good things that are happening to you, then all the bad things, then everyday enjoy as much as you can from the list of good things, but tackle one bad thing at a time. And go see the psych as soon as you can, don't worry, no one will think you are crazy, and there is no reason why anyone should know anyway. Get those anti depressants, they help.

In a few weeks time you will be fine

BTW... what happened 4 months ago? you seem to be able to pinpoint quite exactly something that happened that changed it all.

And yeah... normally there is no shortcut (or running and hiding): drinking, smoking, having a fling/affair, gambling and so on will not make anything better. Everything comes at a cost but not everything has a good outcome.

... my two cents worth!
    Hi rapidmax,
    I am surprised that you asked what has happened to me 4 months ago. By the way, thanks for your detailed reply.

What really happened to me actually can track back a year ago but to sum it all up, I was betrayed by a supposedly "good friend", I was pushed into a pile of mud and later being accused of filthy. I was too gullible and too inexperienced to see it coming. It's just that since January rumors in school about me has grown out of porpotion and yes you were correct, it depresses me very much.

Just a note, I am still a student who is about to graduate soon, that's if I passed all my exams.

I know in the dog-eat-dog, cruel society world office politics exists in our daily lives but believe me, the office polictics in my school is simply sickening.

After what has happened to me, I have developed a hopefully temporary phobia of relationships. IMO, I feel every kind of relationship in this world can go sour, except for the relationship between parents and their children, especially the love given to a child by their parents. Children WILL betray their parents for money (we see that often in papers) but parents will never ever betray their children.

However thankfully, I felt slightly better after talking to my mom over the weekend, who's my best friend in this world. Besides, I am graduating soon so I guess that is something I am looking forward to - a new stage in my life.

Anyhow, many thanks to the fellow CSnappers whom replied to this thread. It has provided me some mental relieve after reading through the thread.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Hey,
    That is a good idea! Provide if I can have some special access to it...

Regards,
    -Michelle-

adeline
    Guests

Default gd luck

gd luck!

wrap something long in newspaper and make it look like a parang. bring it to the office and starts complaining to everyone about how sucky life is. make sure everyone sees the "parang".

Their expressions would be priceless

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hi rapidmax,
    I am surprised that you asked what has happened to me 4 months ago. By the way, thanks for your detailed reply.

What really happened to me actually can track back a year ago but to sum it all up, I was betrayed by a supposedly "good friend", I was pushed into a pile of mud and later being accused of filthy. I was too gullible and too inexperienced to see it coming. It's just that since January rumors in school about me has grown out of porpotion and yes you were correct, it depresses me very much.

Just a note, I am still a student who is about to graduate soon, that's if I passed all my exams.

I know in the dog-eat-dog, cruel society world office politics exists in our daily lives but believe me, the office polictics in my school is simply sickening.

After what has happened to me, I have developed a hopefully temporary phobia of relationships. IMO, I feel every kind of relationship in this world can go sour, except for the relationship between parents and their children, especially the love given to a child by their parents. Children WILL betray their parents for money (we see that often in papers) but parents will never ever betray their children.

However thankfully, I felt slightly better after talking to my mom over the weekend, who's my best friend in this world. Besides, I am graduating soon so I guess that is something I am looking forward to - a new stage in my life.

Anyhow, many thanks to the fellow CSnappers whom replied to this thread. It has provided me some mental relieve after reading through the thread.

Regards,
    -Michelle-

Hey,

No problem. I dunno whether your story is in riddles or whether it is what actually happened but seriously, there are two things here: you might think that people are talking about you but most of the time people dun really give a sh*t. Second, if they are talking about you then I fear that it is a life skill: not to listen to what they say about you if they are not the people who really matter to you and to just stick with those who know you and who will not judge you from your appearances.

Everyone gets backstabbed by one's great friends. So? does that mean that you stop having friends and stop trusting people? It's quite a heavy price that everyone (potential friends and existing friends) has to pay because one person screwed up, dun you think? And look at it another way, each time you are pushed in the mud, you gain from the experience, next time you will not fall into the mud again. But now that you have this experience you stop trusting people, so you put the experience in the cupboard, instead of using it. kinda wasted, right?

You are wrong to say that parents cannot betray their kids, read more about forced marriages, selling off kids into prostitution, getting kids to work and not go to school... Then you will find out that y ou cannot really trust anyone. So do you shut yourself up and build walls? This is hardly a solution because each time you feel betrayed you will build thicker walls and one day you will find yourself alone and lonely.. very unpleasant thing, believe me.

Try to diversify and to learn to know more people and to have more friends, one backstab you then the others support. The school spread rumours about you (and that means that they got nothing better to do and suggest what kind of interesting life they are living anyway)then you got your friends who know you and who know what happened and appreciate you, so how do you care?

Come on man... time to get out of the bad clouds and embrace life... it is short, might as well live it and not waste some of the time because some dudes think this or that about you.

Cheer up!!!
    Last edited by rapidmax; 10th May 2004 at 12:06 AM.

On a serious note, there are many things in our life that we cannot control. But what we can control is our frame of mind and our reactions/perceptions to these things. I know that it is easy to say/write but is a hard thing to do. Another way of looking at things is that the knocks in life makes us stronger. The mind set that you build to tide you thru these bad patches could be a blessing in disguise... it'll bear you well thru any low times in the future..

Thought for the day:
    "A master and his disciple are riding across the Saudi Arabian desert. The master makes use of every moment of their ride to teach the disciple about faith. "Trust in God," he says. "God never abandons his children." At night, in their camp, the master asks the disciple to tie the horses to a nearby rock. The disciple goes to the rock, but remembers what the master has taught him: "He must be testing me," he thinks. "I should leave the horses to God." And he leaves the horses unfettered. In the morning, the disciple sees that the horses have disappeared. Revolted, he comes back to his master. "You know nothing about God," he exclaims. "I left the horses in His care, and now the animals are gone." "God wanted to care for the horses," the master answered. "But to do that, he needed your hands to tie them."

take ur cam and shoot, shoot, and shoot!
    Count every single blessing and happy moment that you have, friends, family and people around u. After that, think of people, who are not as fortunate as you. Then u would be able to know how lucky you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12