Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: DSLR or prosumer / consumer digicam

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    99

    Default

    i can't view the pictures

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Khon Kaen, Thailand
    Posts
    499

    Talking

    i think this pekka thing hasn't been explained yet. heh...

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Originally posted by Romulus
    i think this pekka thing hasn't been explained yet. heh...

    It is all getting very chim for me!!

  4. #44

    Default

    haiz i feel that my cam is so useless now..

  5. #45

    Default

    Originally posted by jasonpgc
    Base on Red Dawn's explaination


    D1X : CCD
    Pixel count = 5.89 million
    Sensor size = 23.7 x 15.6 mm = 369.72 mm2
    Pixel size= 61.58 micro mm2


    D1x is 5.33.... in case anyone cares

  6. #46

    Default

    wah lau! You got some facts mixed up. The D100 has usable ISO from 200~1600. There's an option to go to HI 1 and 2 which is ISO 3200 and 6400 lah!

    Originally posted by Red Dawn


    Facts:

    1D is the cleanest camera of them all. At high ISOs from 400 to 1600, it is better than any of the other cameras. It also has ISO 3200 - and though it is noisy at that ISO, none of the other cameras u listed has ISO 3200 as an option.

    D30 is also an extremely clean performer, with very clean and smooth images at ISO 800. 1600 is noiser, but still extremely usable. The D30's clean and smooth images is attributed to:

    - CMOS sensor
    - Unique noise reduction algorithms applied at pixel level in the CMOS sensor. Each pixel is processed by special algorithms.

    D60, though it has smaller pixel size, manages to keep up with the D30 in terms of noise levels through even more optimised noise reduction processing on each pixel. So even though the pixels are smaller, noise levels are not increased from the D30 - a real tribute to Canon.

    As for the other Nikon cameras u mentioned, the jury is still out on the D100 and the D1x is relatively clean too, with clean ISO 800 and usable ISOs up to 1600 (according to Jed ).

  7. #47

    Default

    Originally posted by jimmyc
    wah lau! You got some facts mixed up. The D100 has usable ISO from 200~1600. There's an option to go to HI 1 and 2 which is ISO 3200 and 6400 lah!


    not really, Red Dawn said usable up to 1600, and after seeing the samples, i think he's right.

  8. #48

    Default

    Yah Romulus is right, the Pekka issue has not been explained yet. Where are all the gurus??? Is it something secretive or tedious to explain? How come we've got so much discussion on the "kinds of expensive cameras and lenses I own", or "look I can take solid images worthy of POTM" or "The D30 has so many pixels, a sensor size of blah blah blah..." but none of the software that they use? A but disappointment here leh...

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Originally posted by David
    Yah Romulus is right, the Pekka issue has not been explained yet. Where are all the gurus??? Is it something secretive or tedious to explain? How come we've got so much discussion on the "kinds of expensive cameras and lenses I own", or "look I can take solid images worthy of POTM" or "The D30 has so many pixels, a sensor size of blah blah blah..." but none of the software that they use? A but disappointment here leh...
    Yupe for digicams, the post-processing is the most important.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Hi all,

    sorry for leaving out (unintentionally) the pekka connection ;P

    actually, it's nothing more than a (excellent) set of photoshop actions for D30 image processing which brings amazing natural sharpness and more accurate colors.

    rather than listen to me, listen to the man himself....

    http://photography-on-the.net/D30/linear/
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi all,

    sorry for leaving out (unintentionally) the pekka connection ;P

    actually, it's nothing more than a (excellent) set of photoshop actions for D30 image processing which brings amazing natural sharpness and more accurate colors.

    rather than listen to me, listen to the man himself....

    http://photography-on-the.net/D30/linear/

    Are u saying that these are just a set of filters that can be installed? And not some proprietary software?

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Originally posted by TME



    Are u saying that these are just a set of filters that can be installed? And not some proprietary software?
    they are photoshop actions, basically a sequence of actions recorded to bring the best out of your D30 images.

    they are not even filters.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    I see. Are these already in the PS software? Or do u need to purchase after market or download or whatever?

  14. #54
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default ....what a consumer digicam can do....

    This is an example of what a 2 Mpix old model camera can be used for......

    candid quick shots.....

    Simplicity....is still the best.....What ever your camera is - learn to LOVE it...

    Regards,
    Me

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Khon Kaen, Thailand
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Eh how about somebody script sets of actions for... Canon Pro90s, G2s,..., Nikon,... and Olympus cameras?

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Originally posted by Romulus
    Eh how about somebody script sets of actions for... Canon Pro90s, G2s,..., Nikon,... and Olympus cameras?
    If you're looking for Photoshop actions, probably can look at this site:
    http://www.fredmiranda.com

    Some of his actions are good enough, altough can't surpass the plug-in s/w using proprietary algorithm, such as Power Retouche.

    brgds,
    Tiono

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default Re: ....what a consumer digicam can do....

    Originally posted by sulhan
    This is an example of what a 2 Mpix old model camera can be used for......

    candid quick shots.....

    Simplicity....is still the best.....What ever your camera is - learn to LOVE it...

    Regards,
    Me
    Lovely, exceptional style I must say. I guess the musicians were playing up to your photo-taking? I guess u would have to spend some time at least a few minutes to get into position and get a good frame?

  18. #58
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default ....haha almost like lying down.....

    The position when i took the photo like as if the road is my bed......my wife paiseh looohhh!!!! infront of the ang mohs......WHO cares......


  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default Re: ....haha almost like lying down.....

    Originally posted by sulhan
    The position when i took the photo like as if the road is my bed......my wife paiseh looohhh!!!! infront of the ang mohs......WHO cares......

    Oh u mean u actually lie down on the pavement ah?!! Cool!! But overseas pavement not like Singapore so clean, every day got people sweep leh!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •