Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1001

Thread: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

  1. #521
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post


    Wah, u cant do this to me.. i been trying hard to find one but to date no lucccckk.. err.. bring me there next time plsss..
    I was shock when there too, one glance can spot 10 of them, but didn't spot any mating pair, so I will be back there very soon.

  2. #522

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    wonder if there is much difference for i5 versus i7 in terms of performance, for my purposes. anyone more tech-savvy can advise?

    i plan to get a proper desktop, and happen to have a relatively old laptop (celeron 1.6ghz) that i can trade in for the offer from acer for z5710. processor is only i5-750 though, 4gb ram and a so-so graphics card. should kick the ass of my current laptop (core duo 1.8ghz, 2gb ram). i don't really need the touch-screen function though, but all-in-one will save space. just need something that can stitch panoramas faster than current setup, and will be relatively future proof.

    not really a serious gamer, so no need gaming level performance.

    oh, and i don't want to buy parts and put together, i know it's probably cheaper.. but i have no knowledge in that area, so best to stay away.

  3. #523

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wonder if there is much difference for i5 versus i7 in terms of performance, for my purposes. anyone more tech-savvy can advise?

    i plan to get a proper desktop, and happen to have a relatively old laptop (celeron 1.6ghz) that i can trade in for the offer from acer for z5710. processor is only i5-750 though, 4gb ram and a so-so graphics card. should kick the ass of my current laptop (core duo 1.8ghz, 2gb ram). i don't really need the touch-screen function though, but all-in-one will save space. just need something that can stitch panoramas faster than current setup, and will be relatively future proof.

    not really a serious gamer, so no need gaming level performance.

    oh, and i don't want to buy parts and put together, i know it's probably cheaper.. but i have no knowledge in that area, so best to stay away.
    I don't really like Acer now, have 3 motherboard failures so far in 2 years between 2 computers. 2 on my laptop, and once on my desktop. Had to buy a new motherboard for my desktop since warranty was over. But yeah just sharing my experience with Acer computers, those trade in offers are tempting but I don't trust the reliability of Acer computers.

    I think HP would be a safer bet, never had serious failures with HP computers before. Never tried Lenovo but my family used to have an uber old IBM computer that lasted for super long, running Windows 95.

  4. #524

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I don't really like Acer now, have 3 motherboard failures so far in 2 years between 2 computers. 2 on my laptop, and once on my desktop. Had to buy a new motherboard for my desktop since warranty was over. But yeah just sharing my experience with Acer computers, those trade in offers are tempting but I don't trust the reliability of Acer computers.

    I think HP would be a safer bet, never had serious failures with HP computers before. Never tried Lenovo but my family used to have an uber old IBM computer that lasted for super long, running Windows 95.
    ah, motherboard failure.

    that seems quite bad. my asus laptop had a motherboard failure once, but after replacement during the warranty period it's been running well for the past 3 years.

    i don't like acer laptops, they seem to have overheating problems. everytime i go near my cousin's acer laptop it seems like it's going to catch on fire anytime.

    i am looking at dell - but they don't seem to have a space-saving solution. the all-in-ones they have have at best a core duo processor, not much improvement from my laptop if you ask me.

    maybe i will go for a tower pc after all, i guess. i do think that there will be heating issues with all-in-one pc.

  5. #525

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    sharing some nice work that someone else talked about on another thread, went to browse,

    love the twilight zone series:

    http://sato-shintaro.com/#work1

  6. #526
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    key words...
    i asked if she has any intention of future lens or whatever upgrade,
    the answer was no.
    she thinks and feels that dslr can produce better and nicer images than digicam.
    i told her that there are ppl who buy dslr and use it like digicam. the results still like sai.
    her budget is about 1k. so i recommend her to look at the canon G series or better digicam.

    at first she ask me if olympus pen good or not.

    actually, i dun understand why so many beginners like to go for dslr.
    i think that partly bcos they see those nice night shots then think "wah... dslr produce nice and clear night shots while my digicam like sai." or "dslr can take clear pictures while my digicam always give me blur images."
    usually, these beginners buy the kit set or promo set and then stop. they don't see the need for future upgrades.

    sorry ah...
    sometimes i get a bit frustrated when ppl tell me that they want to move to dslr out of the blue. don't know how to tell them nicely "Do you really need a dslr???"
    think your friend can try sony nex-3 or nex-5, both about 1k budget. user interface suitable for pns users, iso performance i think is the best of its class in terms of size as the sensor size is dslr size. alot of fun features like smile shutter, sweep pano, 3d sweep pano which attracts people who not so serious into photography and just wanna have fun. comes with detachable flash as well, video is full hd. 18-55mm kit lens enough for regular use. hope this helps, i have a sony nex-5, quite happy with it.

  7. #527
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I was shock when there too, one glance can spot 10 of them, but didn't spot any mating pair, so I will be back there very soon.
    Can i come along??

    Wish to join ur group, can ask andrew and mojopy (peiyen) along also..
    Last edited by Numnumball; 9th August 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  8. #528
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    key words...
    i asked if she has any intention of future lens or whatever upgrade,
    the answer was no.
    she thinks and feels that dslr can produce better and nicer images than digicam.
    i told her that there are ppl who buy dslr and use it like digicam. the results still like sai.
    her budget is about 1k. so i recommend her to look at the canon G series or better digicam.

    at first she ask me if olympus pen good or not.

    actually, i dun understand why so many beginners like to go for dslr.
    i think that partly bcos they see those nice night shots then think "wah... dslr produce nice and clear night shots while my digicam like sai." or "dslr can take clear pictures while my digicam always give me blur images."
    usually, these beginners buy the kit set or promo set and then stop. they don't see the need for future upgrades.

    sorry ah...
    sometimes i get a bit frustrated when ppl tell me that they want to move to dslr out of the blue. don't know how to tell them nicely "Do you really need a dslr???"
    Essentially, it's partly true tat a DSLR will produce better pics, if used properly.

    So if they do not have the basics down pat like the holding and breathing, they probably will still screw up.

    I believe that they are more interested in the high iso performance with the large aperture lenses. But a lot of them do not understand that it comes with a trade-off.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  9. #529
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    we are going in peace.
    fighting is not allowed.

    LOL.. Err.. my dogs very sociable one, who knows they might get along well.. though the probability is only 1%.. 99% most prob go bersek..

    Okie.. okie... Peace.. i bring my wife's hamster there den..
    Last edited by Numnumball; 9th August 2010 at 05:38 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  10. #530
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    I'm using a Lenovo i5 notebook, and though it seems like a 4 core processor, I realised that it's actually 2 cores running split style to produce a 4 processor effect.

    And to me, it's quite decent processing power with a 6.5 subscore on the Windows Experience Index.

    If you are interested, I'd suggest that you go down to Sim Lim and look around at their brochures, some of their OEM sets are pretty decent and can last you for a while.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  11. #531
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    LOL.. Err.. my dogs very sociable one, who knows they might get along well.. though the probability is only 1%.. 99% most prob go bersek..

    Okie.. okie... Peace.. i bring my wife's hamster there den..
    As peace offering or to bribe the cats (food for them?) haha??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  12. #532
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Just reach home and done up with my Tiger Beetle photo, going off for dinner.

    They are the fastest land insect in the world.



  13. #533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Can i come along??

    Wish to join ur group, can ask andrew and mojopy (peiyen) along also..
    I'll surely be interested, but whether too many people? if can i want also

  14. #534
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    key words...
    i asked if she has any intention of future lens or whatever upgrade,
    the answer was no.
    she thinks and feels that dslr can produce better and nicer images than digicam.
    i told her that there are ppl who buy dslr and use it like digicam. the results still like sai.
    her budget is about 1k. so i recommend her to look at the canon G series or better digicam.

    at first she ask me if olympus pen good or not.

    actually, i dun understand why so many beginners like to go for dslr.
    i think that partly bcos they see those nice night shots then think "wah... dslr produce nice and clear night shots while my digicam like sai." or "dslr can take clear pictures while my digicam always give me blur images."
    usually, these beginners buy the kit set or promo set and then stop. they don't see the need for future upgrades.

    sorry ah...
    sometimes i get a bit frustrated when ppl tell me that they want to move to dslr out of the blue. don't know how to tell them nicely "Do you really need a dslr???"
    Well, i personally felt thats easily a misconception perceive by most.. having a DSLR doesnt really means deliver superb images.. Much still lies with the knowing how to and optimize the full potential of the equipment ur using..

    If ur friend not the serious sort, i will 2nd Andrew's suggestion of her exploring the goodness of Micro 4/3.. NEX5 sounds good if not better Pns like upcoming LX5 or the current LX3 might just do the job but at a fraction of the cost.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Just reach home and done up with my Tiger Beetle photo, going off for dinner.

    They are the fastest land insect in the world.


    how u get so low...

  16. #536
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    As peace offering or to bribe the cats (food for them?) haha??
    Err.. to be friends... lol... Peace.. No eating nor biting plssss... HAHA
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  17. #537
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Just reach home and done up with my Tiger Beetle photo, going off for dinner.

    They are the fastest land insect in the world.


    OMG... posion deep deep..

    Btw, u proned to get these shots???
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  18. #538
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Can i come along??

    Wish to join ur group, can ask andrew and mojopy (peiyen) along also..
    corrections.
    mine is Yan. kekekek

    "i'm a bird. not currency"

    definately would love to join if i'm free.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

  19. #539
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    OMG... posion deep deep..

    Btw, u proned to get these shots???
    Probably have to leopard crawl in..
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  20. #540
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LXXXI

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wonder if there is much difference for i5 versus i7 in terms of performance, for my purposes. anyone more tech-savvy can advise?
    Depends on your useage actually, i7 is much more suitable for people who use multi thread apps (non tech read: Adobe Photoshop for example) heavily.

    Yeah the i7 is for you when you do heavy rendering with CS5, or dealing with 3D modelling applications.

    But notice the price diff between them. i5 is more like for mainstream users. For graph designer pros, I'd get them an i7 base if I can't get my hands on apple. So, is it worth it?

    Which ever processor you pick, Photoshop utilizes lots of memory (read RAM, and unused Hard disk space that refers to as scratch disk). Make sure you boost up the RAM, and allocate a small but high RPM HDD and assign it as Scratch Disk.

    My company is using HP desktops, but none of them are graph designer. Although I never experience it first hand, most IT ppl will try to avoid ACER.

    When your new PC arrives, list down all the applications that comes preinstalled with it. Call up the tech support and ask them what they are for and is it OK for you to remove them.

    Normally those applications will automatically start up whenever windows start, and slow down the whole process. Even worse, some of them stay running in the background eating up resources.

    I hope this help.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •