Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 3

Default Re: Arsenal Football Club - The Gunner's Thread 3

Hmm ... Man U's two goals behind @ Anfield ...

Still, I'm more concerned with how we play than teams like Man U, Man City, Chelsea or Spurs ... if we can't even win scrappy games, which is likely what we'll see for see for the rest of the season, we'll always be 'so close, yet so far', sheesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hmm ... Man U's two goals behind @ Anfield ...

Still, I'm more concerned with how we play than teams like Man U, Man City, Chelsea or Spurs ... if we can't even win scrappy games, which is likely what we'll see for see for the rest of the season, we'll always be 'so close, yet so far', sheesh ...
    Yes, I agree. To be champs, we don't really need to beat the close rivals, but we need to beat everyone else. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have the aura of yesteryears.....

We beat them, pls win the league....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    We beat them, pls win the league....
    Congratulations and I believe we will. Go easy on us when you visit Emirates lol.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

I just noticed the GD is really close, a difference of only 3. If Man Utd really crashes for the next few games, the GD will be of advantage to the gunners. When will Ferdinand and Vidic be back? Hope not so soon lol, their two CBs were really vulnerable today.

Call me a Pessimist, and the way I feel is that Arsenal is going to end the League thr same way we started..with nothing.
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

I think, true fans start with hope and will support their club regardless of the outcome. So let's just support and let them do the rest.

i have faith that we will win the EPL this year. even if we don't, next season is just around the corner. We can look upon that ..

To me, the greatest prize this season is not to win the league ... it's to beat Man U, shut the loud mouth, Patrice Evra and prevent his team from winning the league!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 7th March 2011 at 09:34 PM.

To me, the great prize this season is not to win the league ... it's to beat Man U, shut the loud mouth, Patrice Evra and prevent his team from winning the league!

I wholly agree...

But winning some trophies along the way is also good too.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    I think, true fans start with hope and will support their club regardless of the outcome. So let's just support and let them do the rest.
    Oh please. I dont mean to be a wet blanket, its just that we need to be realistic and look at the statistics. Have we really taken advantage of the other teams who slip up? Check out the times where we could have gone points ahead (and I mean including a few seasons ago). Did we take advantage of Man U, Spurs and Chelsea slip ups from the past 3-4 seasons? NOPE. Its always a case of 'WOW, we can get 3 points ahead with a game in hand if we win this match....' We go to kick off, and what happens? we loose/draw, get injured and say 'this is a young team.' Oh please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbear View Post
    i have faith that we will win the EPL this year. even if we don't, next season is just around the corner. We can look upon that ..
    Next season? I recall us saying this every year.

Pardon me, I am not a Man United or Liverpool fan in disguise as a Gooner, its just that its very tough to watch us over promise. I am too much a Realist to accept the notion that we will win something. It will only happen for me when I see the Captain lift a trophy.

At this moment, I see us getting thrashed by Barca, dropping out the UEFA Cup, and then announcing that we will go for the BPL trophy....
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

To me, the greatest prize this season is not to win the league ... it's to beat Man U, shut the loud mouth, Patrice Evra and prevent his team from winning the league!
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Benji77 View Post
    Oh please. I dont mean to be a wet blanket, its just that we need to be realistic and look at the statistics. Have we really taken advantage of the other teams who slip up? Check out the times where we could have gone points ahead (and I mean including a few seasons ago). Did we take advantage of Man U, Spurs and Chelsea slip ups from the past 3-4 seasons? NOPE. Its always a case of 'WOW, we can get 3 points ahead with a game in hand if we win this match....' We go to kick off, and what happens? we loose/draw, get injured and say 'this is a young team.' Oh please.

Next season? I recall us saying this every year.

Pardon me, I am not a Man United or Liverpool fan in disguise as a Gooner, its just that its very tough to watch us over promise. I am too much a Realist to accept the notion that we will win something. It will only happen for me when I see the Captain lift a trophy.

At this moment, I see us getting thrashed by Barca, dropping out the UEFA Cup, and then announcing that we will go for the BPL trophy....
    I know what you meant as I have been reading a lot of posts from many sources. Why not leave the fighting to AW and the team and we just provide the support they need. No point getting frustrated over those games that "we could have won". This is why football is so popular, you never know what will happen. Trust me, I was like you. On that day Arsenal vs Newcastle, I bought 3 home jerseys for my family and when Arsenal was 3-0 up within 30 mins, I was like yeah it paid off (well for a stupid fan like me, it does even though after months of saving lol). But alas, thanks to Diaby/ Squallaci which I believe they did not want it to happen, made my worst day ever. Trust me, I know the frustration but no point for me to dwell over it. I might as well just support them through thick and thin. Because what over is over. Point to note, Barcelona also have trophy drought for almost 5 years before they are this great.

something to lighten up before tonight's game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PLM...layer_embedded

Oh well.......
    2 competitions down, 2 to go....
    Only positive is that Almunia seemed to be able to step up and perform.

Nothing much we can say about the scoreline, let alone the performance.

Let's hope our players who are carrying injuries will recover soon and that we'll be consistent and focussed for the remaining games ...

Next competition, Man Utd at OT. If we lost this too, we should be able to lift the league title this coming May.

Im starting to get used (doesnt mean i find it acceptable...) to the strange results and strange dubious refereeing for our games. I do hope Wenger brings in needed muscle, the squad is too thin at the moment.
    Yes, there's plenty of potential exciting youngsters, but most are farmed out on loans, they don't really get to play. Even Ramsey is still waiting. Meanwhile, the main players
    arent really performing, but there's no backup to challenge them for their spots. Might just get too complacent. -___-
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

As many of the ABU fans here are saying, the pressure for Arsenal to steal the title away from Man U is tremendous. Our prayers are with you.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    As many of the ABU fans here are saying, the pressure for Arsenal to steal the title away from Man U is tremendous. Our prayers are with you.
    Everyone was saying that we could not beat Barca home and away but we did it at home. Have it not for the red card against RVP, we might have chance to sneak a draw yesterday night.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast