Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UWA and Flash AF540

Default Re: UWA and Flash AF540

I helped you tested my flash + Stofen + Demb Flash Pro too.

All taken at 11mm and 1m away from wall.

Ambient light

Bounce from ceiling

Stofen Bounce from Ceiling

Stofen 45degree forward

Stofen direct flash
    Last edited by tabako; 29th July 2010 at 09:33 PM.

Demb Bounce Card

Demb Bounce Card with Diffuser in normal position

Demb Bouce Card forward with Diffuser Normal

Demb Bouce Card with DIffuser inward

Demb Bounce card forward with Diffuser inward

In conclusion, I'm too close to the wall. If I am further, about 2-3m away, at 16mm, with Demb bounce card and diffuser inward, I feel gives the most even light if you only have 1 flash. you can crop away the bottom.

2.5m away 16mm Demb bounce in normal position and diffuser inward

2.5m away 16mm Demb bounce in forward position and diffuser inward
    Last edited by tabako; 29th July 2010 at 09:43 PM.

Guys, I am impressed by the "scientific" experiments pinhole and tabako did. From tabako's experiment with ONE flash at 11mm; one cannot get satisfactory results, no matter how you positioned the flash diffuser. The sides are not illuminated evenly. The Pentax flash gave a 13mm focal length as minimum, and that was why I have used 13 - 20 mm; and moved the tripod further away to take the pictures. I did not use 10mm. I have noted at 10mm with a flash, I cannot illuminate the sides.

Tabako's experiments convinces me that I should not use flash with anything less than 15mm or so. Perhaps there are other solutions - which someone may have. Ah, this is the fun of photography as we discovered new learning from experience. Thank you so much for this fun learning!
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
    Guys, I am impressed by the "scientific" experiments pinhole and tabako did. From tabako's experiment with ONE flash at 11mm; one cannot get satisfactory results, no matter how you positioned the flash diffuser. The sides are not illuminated evenly. The Pentax flash gave a 13mm focal length as minimum, and that was why I have used 13 - 20 mm; and moved the tripod further away to take the pictures. I did not use 10mm. I have noted at 10mm with a flash, I cannot illuminate the sides.

Tabako's experiments convinces me that I should not use flash with anything less than 15mm or so. Perhaps there are other solutions - which someone may have. Ah, this is the fun of photography as we discovered new learning from experience. Thank you so much for this fun learning!
    FYI, I was only 1.5m-2m away at 13mm

Tabako's experiments proved that ambient light is still the best when you need even lighting.

From an artist's perspective, the easiest way to photograph artworks is to bring it outdoors, in a shaded area, away from direct sunlight, make sure the lighting is fairly even. Set your camera to spot metering to check. HDB void deck is a good place to start, I shoot my artworks there.

If you have to shoot indoors, use two flashes and direct both at an angle pointing at the painting like the pic shown below. This is especially useful for paintings framed behind glass, oil and acrylic paintings where there will be some glare from the shinny surface of the paints.

Hope this helps...
    Marvin Chew my flickr
    Be Interesting, Be different!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12