Thread: Moving from Diana to Nikon FM

Default Moving from Diana to Nikon FM

I have been owning a Diana for close to 6 months and would like to move to an SLR, with Nikon FM being my choice.

However, I have a few qns to ask if there's anyone kind enough to assist me.

1) Where can I get a decent enough Nikon FM for around 200 SGD?
    2) Would the lenses i bought for Diana be useful for Nikon FM if I get the lens adaptor?
    3) Should I sell off my Diana?
    4) Will I be able to preview my pictures before taking it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Moving from Diana to Nikon FM

Check out the buy/sell section. Should be able to grab one for that price.

2) Would the lenses i bought for Diana be useful for Nikon FM if I get the lens adaptor?
    Yes. The adapter will allow you to use the Diana lenses on the FM

No. Ermm ... you decide. Haha. The Diana & FM are two totally different cameras and works totally differently. For me ... I'd say keep them both.

Preview? There is a viewfinder on the FM. That's the preview.

Thanks alot..

and I've noticed that there is many Nikon F series out there. Now considering between FM10, FM2n and FM3A. Can anyone shed more light on this?
    And what about the lens? I'm sure most of the WTS posts only sells the body. what will be a good starter lens? oh, and I do have my lenses from my Diana as well
    Last edited by blismear; 28th July 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blismear View Post
    Now considering between FM10, FM2n and FM3A. Can anyone shed more light on this?
    Mr Google can help you with this

And what about the lens? I'm sure most of the WTS posts only sells the body. what will be a good starter lens?
    You have yet to tell us what you wanna shoot (eg. macro, landscapes, portraits etc) and what's your budget.

i just got myself a nikon FM2n and a 50mm f/1.8 manual focus lens..

so i'll be experimenting with tt first..

but so far so good, i like..

I have been owning a Diana for close to 6 months and would like to move to an SLR, with Nikon FM being my choice.

However, I have a few qns to ask if there's anyone kind enough to assist me.

Thanks.
    I used the Lomo cams before (Holga).
    I think that it's a great difference between Diana and Nikon FM2..

For the lenses..
    The lenses for Diana will not fit on Nikon FM2. For FM2, you need those Nikon lenses. The Diana lenses are "toy lenses".

In terms of focusing...
    For Diana, it's a "try your luck" cam. The focusing is just a guage. For FM2, you can adjust the distance on the lens.

Hi blismear, for more information on the FM series (and perhaps the other Nikon film cameras), do have a look HERE. I have browse through that site many many times when I'm interested in a Nikon film body.

As for whether your Diana lenses can fit on Nikon SLRs, with the right adaptor, you can. But I would question the purpose of that, since you can already do that with the Diana. The only advantage I can see is that you'll be using 135 film instead of 120 - save money. =P

And since you already got your FM2n + 50mm f1.8, you're quite set for most scenarios. It's a good basic setup.

Enjoy your FM2n! =D
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hi blismear, for more information on the FM series (and perhaps the other Nikon film cameras), do have a look HERE. I have browse through that site many many times when I'm interested in a Nikon film body.
    thanks for the link.. the website has helped me alot before i purchase my nikon and i will certainly come back to it to learn more of what my camera can do.