Thread: New IMacs!

Default New IMacs!

The desktop IMac range has just been updated. Better specs! And you can get the back to school offers!
    Also up on the Apple Store online!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-....html?x=0&.v=1

CUPERTINO, Calif., July 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Apple® today updated its all-in-one iMac® line, widely praised as the world's best desktop computers, with the latest Intel Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 processors and powerful new graphics. Starting at $1,199, the new iMac line is the fastest ever with dual-core processor speeds up to 3.6 GHz, quad-core speeds up to 2.93 GHz and discrete graphics including the powerful ATI Radeon HD 5750. The new Magic Trackpad, with a smooth glass and aluminum design, gives iMac users the same intuitive Multi-Touch™ gestures that Mac® notebook customers have come to love and is available separately for $69.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: New IMacs!

http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...7-chips-706015

Apple has announced an update to the iMac line, with Intel Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 processors up to 3.6GHz plus new graphics including the ATI Radeon HD 5750. Prices start at £999.
    The range is now available with dual-core Core i3 and Core i5 chips and quad-core Core i5 and Core i7 processors. The 27-inch iMac has the option of a 256GB SSD as a primary or secondary drive. The iMac SSD supports up to 215MB/s data transfer rates for faster startup and application launch times.
    An SD card slot on the iMac now supports the SDXC format to handle the latest high-capacity storage cards.
    "We took the world's best all-in-one and made it even better," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "With the latest processors, high-performance graphics and signature aluminium and glass design, customers are going to love the latest iMac."

Read more: http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...#ixzz0utSW1Ya5
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Still no HDMI?

Blog Entries

the mac mini has HDMI

what is interesting would be the Magic Trackpad...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

The Mac Pro series and Cinema Displays were updated also and the 30 inch Cinema Display was quietly discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the mac mini has HDMI
    The Mac mini is actually more costly compared to the new Imacs, esp after you add the cost of ram, the mouse and keyboard.
    The HDD is smaller and the CPU is slower. Even the GPU is slower.

It may be better to get a 21.5" Imac.

Disappointed. Still no USB 3.0.
    Fenders American Vintage '62 Stratocaster® Reissue