Thread: Will the Groom be Allowed to Take Fotos of the Bride in an Outdoor Shoot?

Default Will the Groom be Allowed to Take Fotos of the Bride in an Outdoor Shoot?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure am I in the right place to ask such a question.

Suppose in an outdoor shoot. Will the groom be allowed to take pics of his wife while the professional photographer from the bridal studio is shooting too?

Anyone has such experience before? From the pros' point of view, would you allow such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc

Why not?????? You can even take pictures of the groom taking pictures of the bride who is taking pictures of the relatives who is taking picture of the photographer (trying to set up the photographer for arranged marriage session????)

vince123123
    Guests

usually outdoors they are more 'lenient'. nevertheless, if you're the groom, you're the person paying for it, and if you ask upfront (ie before u pay the $$$) and they say no, you can always vote with your feet :P

what the pros (assuming salaried/inhouse phtoographers) are concerned about is that the 2nd guy shooting over his shoulder may disrupt the shoot, either the model or the photographer. what the shop is concerned about is that your shooting may affect their business in terms of selling you prints :P at the end of hte day its all abt $$$ :P

to avoid doubts, ask BEFORE u pay and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by tlucmpla
    Hi everyone,

Suppose in an outdoor shoot. Will the groom be allowed to take pics of his wife while the professional photographer from the bridal studio is shooting too?

Anyone has such experience before? From the pros' point of view, would you allow such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc

vince123123
    Guests

I think you're contemplating an actual day shoot whereas the original poster may be contemplating an outdoor wedding album shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Why not?????? You can even take pictures of the groom taking pictures of the bride who is taking pictures of the relatives who is taking picture of the photographer (trying to set up the photographer for arranged marriage session????)

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luc
    ummm... i don't see why not. it's his big day. so long as he doesn't forget his new wife. and his new wife don't mind.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Actually the outdoor shoot concerned is for the wedding photo album.

Yes, the bridal house may be afraid that the business will be affected. And yes, the professional photographer is "afraid" it might disrupt his work.

As one of you has mentioned, the groom can always vote with his feet of the bridal house wants his business.

However, do you think it is appropriate for the groom to take pictures on the very day of the outdoor shoot without first asking?

Luc

vince123123
    Guests

i assume that you already paid up - in which case ur bargaining position is weakened :P

nevertheless, i know of a lot of outdoor shoots where the family takes their own picutres - its nothign uncommon.

Actually the outdoor shoot concerned is for the wedding photo album.

Yes, the bridal house may be afraid that the business will be affected. And yes, the professional photographer is "afraid" it might disrupt his work.

As one of you has mentioned, the groom can always vote with his feet of the bridal house wants his business.

However, do you think it is appropriate for the groom to take pictures on the very day of the outdoor shoot without first asking?

Luc