Thread: converting RAW to JPEG

Default converting RAW to JPEG

hi all... pardon my ignorance but am really new... have been shooting in JPEG so far but would like to play arnd w the editing so am thinking of shooting in RAW...

however, am scared to do so as of now coz I'm afraid i wont know how to convert it...

any seniors can advise on how to do it and also which program is best for noob to play with ?

P.S. have got the Canon s/w installed... also have photoshop Cs5 & lightroom 2.7 installed...

tks

Default Re: converting RAW to JPEG

Quote Originally Posted by sidhu24 View Post
    hi all... pardon my ignorance but am really new... have been shooting in JPEG so far but would like to play arnd w the editing so am thinking of shooting in RAW...

however, am scared to do so as of now coz I'm afraid i wont know how to convert it...

any seniors can advise on how to do it and also which program is best for noob to play with ?

P.S. have got the Canon s/w installed... also have photoshop Cs5 & lightroom 2.7 installed...

tks
    your CS5 and lightroom should be able to convert. You can google how to convert to jpg using these two softwares.

Use the canon DPP that comes with your camera. Open the photo file with canon dpp, above on the toolbar, click on "convert & save"

tks
    Lightroom 2.7 can open Canon raw files. You can do minor touch ups and adjustment and export in TIFF/DNG/JPG. You can upgrade your Lightroom to version 3 to make use of the latest CS Raw which is not backward compatible.

No need to perform any conversion. It is done automatically.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

If you have DPP installed then you should be all set.
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

tks
    Most DSLRs allow you an option to take both Jpeg and RAW at the same time. I do that also, as sometimes I just can't be bothered to convert RAW (especially when shooting a couple of hundreds of pictures).

Blog Entries

You can also try the free software Photoscape. It can convert RAW files as well as do editing and special effects. Easy to use.
    http://www.photoscape.org