Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

  1. #1

    Default Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Intend to rent a car either on weekend or weekday for photoshoot to more ulu place hardly accessible by public transport + the calm down my urge for driving a vehicle, as well as improve my driving skills.


    Any cheap car rental company to recommend? What will the rental plan be like? And the cost? Things to take note??

    Some of my basic details:
    Age: 23
    License: Class 3 since Apr 2009.

    Live in Tampines, hoping rental to be as cheap as possible with good customer service.
    Budget wise: Around $50~$60 for Korean/Japanese Car. Don't mind COE car also. Or anyone in owner in Tampines willing to rent our your COE car?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Do a search in google. Quite alot of company provide good rate.

    Normal japan car is only around $50 per day for weekday.

    As long u r not on triangle plate, u can rent liao.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Just went down to a place... need 2 year expirenece and age 23...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Not every place like this de. Check with other company?

    IIRC, last time when i on P plate, i called up a few company and some say no to me but some say additional $10 or more per day.

    Different company different policy.

    Good luck!
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    http://www.rentalcarsingapore.com/

    Check this website. I think this is the best place liao. I dun think u need 2 years of experience to rent a car.

    rentalcarsingapore policy very different from others cause they allow P plate to rent cars, above 18 to rent, car rental to malaysia.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    They doesn't look like a registered company....

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Does it make any difference? When i got my licence i used to rent cars from unregistered company. As long u got no accident then i think should be fine.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Dunno. First time renting, need more advise on this issue.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Go and search for CarClub. An established org. formerly NTUC Carcoop. Call their main line: 6848 7900; www.carclub.com.sg

    If you intend to sign as a CarClub member, quote my membership 12922, I can be alloted discounts for recommending you.

    Prices are reasonable if you are not a frequent user - value plan is good.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Not very helpful, plus are you advertising??

    Membership fee > My 1 day car rental

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Not very helpful, plus are you advertising??

    Membership fee > My 1 day car rental

  12. #12
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    http://www.rentalcarsingapore.com/

    Check this website. I think this is the best place liao. I dun think u need 2 years of experience to rent a car.

    rentalcarsingapore policy very different from others cause they allow P plate to rent cars, above 18 to rent, car rental to malaysia.
    very bad experience with this company...u can go try it though (the agent who dealt with me is no longer with them as far as i can see)
    eat. drink. shoot

  13. #13
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    one leasing company that i had good experience with is Vitz Car Leasing Pte Ltd..good rates and friendly staff.

    u can call Mr Wang Dong (marketing manager) at 97102179 or Aaron at 83067963

    http://sg.8 8db.com/Automotive/Car-Rental/company/m-177368/ (remove space between "8 8db)

    *i am not affiliated to this company in any way
    Last edited by +evenstar; 27th July 2010 at 11:27 PM.
    eat. drink. shoot

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    very bad experience with this company...u can go try it though (the agent who dealt with me is no longer with them as far as i can see)
    Oh. I'm not very familar with this company just that happen to see their policies very different with many company out there. Anyway I dun need to rent a car now.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    one leasing company that i had good experience with is Vitz Car Leasing Pte Ltd..good rates and friendly staff.

    u can call Mr Wang Dong (marketing manager) at 97102179 or Aaron at 83067963

    http://sg.8 8 d b.com/Automotive/Car...pany/m-177368/ (remove spaces between "8 8 d b)

    *i am not affiliated to this company in any way
    Vitz car confirm over TS budget de.

    If u want reg company, ur experience and age not enough.
    Last edited by sakuragiz; 27th July 2010 at 11:30 PM.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  16. #16
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    Vitz car confirm over TS budget de.

    If u want reg company, ur experience and age not enough.
    err is about the same rate as that rentalcarsingapore one. i was a 18 yr old when i hired from Vitz, no extra charges for being a P-plater...
    eat. drink. shoot

  17. #17

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Intend to rent a car either on weekend or weekday for photoshoot to more ulu place hardly accessible by public transport + the calm down my urge for driving a vehicle, as well as improve my driving skills.


    Any cheap car rental company to recommend? What will the rental plan be like? And the cost? Things to take note??

    Some of my basic details:
    Age: 23
    License: Class 3 since Apr 2009.

    Live in Tampines, hoping rental to be as cheap as possible with good customer service.
    Budget wise: Around $50~$60 for Korean/Japanese Car. Don't mind COE car also. Or anyone in owner in Tampines willing to rent our your COE car?

    Have you take a look at whizzcar? They allowed new drivers. I have been using it for several years due to its affordability.

    www.whizzcar.com

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Any cheap car rentals to recommend?

    You can try Siang Hock, they are oppsite Kambagang MRT. Recently I rented from them a 8-seater MPV for 2 weeks, price is ok. While I was at the shop, I saw many other customers lining up, some rent lorry for a few days, some rent a small $60 per day car for a day. So many customers so cannot go wrong I guess. The staff are all quite friendly and no nonsense type, only problem is they do not wash or clean the car thoroughly like the big boys AVIS/HERTZ.
    Siang Hock Car Rental
    tel : 6749-2002
    email : car.rental@sianghock.com.sg
    address : 21 Jalan Masjid (inside a old furniture/fungshui shop)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •