Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queries of my Cam

Deregistered

Talking Queries of my Cam

Hi, I'm using Fujifilm S2000HD. If imma not wrong it is a semi-pro cam. Is there any way to have control the shutter speed ??? Cause i just can't find a way to control it.

Thanks

Default Re: Queries of my Cam

Turn the dial on the top of your camera to 'S' and try to experiments with the various buttons and controls, not very familiar with fujifilm but hope this helps
    Last edited by spree86; 27th July 2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aack91 View Post
    Hi, I'm using Fujifilm S2000HD. If imma not wrong it is a semi-pro cam. Is there any way to have control the shutter speed ??? Cause i just can't find a way to control it.

Thanks
    Have you read your manual? That's where you should start.
    Alpha

yeah... agree with Rashkae...

unless you tell us that you've read the manual and still can't find the information...

Admit it, you want an instant answer instead of having to sift through all that text, right?
    Exploring! :)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah... agree with Rashkae...

unless you tell us that you've read the manual and still can't find the information...

Admit it, you want an instant answer instead of having to sift through all that text, right?
    Woohoo!!! Chill dude..I've read it..but it does not mention that's why i'm posting it right here..chill man..

Woohoo!!! Chill dude..I've read it..but it does not mention that's why i'm posting it right here..chill man..
    So you completely skipped Pages 6, 42 and 44? The sections that clearly state "shutter priority"?

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi..._manual_02.pdf
    Alpha

Blog Entries

LMAO !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    So you completely skipped Pages 6, 42 and 44? The sections that clearly state "shutter priority"?

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi..._manual_02.pdf
    I checked that manual too, but it doesn't say how you change the shutter speed once you're in that mode.

aack91, try what spree86 said - turn the dial to "S" and play around with the buttons (I'm guessing it's the up/down buttons on the four way dial).

Blog Entries

Thanks
    hint: u can control the shutter speed via the S or M mode ............ you cannot control it or you dont know WHY it should be controlled ?

Do you have ditto question on aperture too ?

Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone

Look above at the stickie threads.......... there are already existing info on what both are and how to use them

People here are very nice here.......... generally ........... they will make an effort to help..... but put in some share of effort on your part too so that genuine advise and assistance will be easier forthcoming from them

If you put in some effort reading up and playing around or experimenting .......... AT LEAST when they start giving you their opinions, you will hopefully be communicating along near-similar frequency ......... otherwise what they say is going to sound VERY French and foreign to you.........

good luck !
    Last edited by ed9119; 27th July 2010 at 06:08 PM.
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arctos;6347604[B
    ]I checked that manual too, but it doesn't say how you change the shutter speed once you're in that mode.[/B]

aack91, try what spree86 said - turn the dial to "S" and play around with the buttons (I'm guessing it's the up/down buttons on the four way dial).
    Yes it does on page 44. I don't know how you checked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    I checked that manual too, but it doesn't say how you change the shutter speed once you're in that mode.

(Slapping palm on forehead) Page 44 point 3 - "press the selector up or down to choose the shutter speed"
    Last edited by ed9119; 27th July 2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    (Slapping palm on forehead) Page 44 point 3 - "press the Up and Down button to change shutter speed"
    I dunno what is going on... people nowadays have selective vision???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

There is a little diagram showing what the selector looks like ..... too
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post

Check page 44. It goes IN DETAIL.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I call it spoonfeed vision. If it's not in big bright letters on the very first page, they don't bother looking (even if it says to look at page 44).
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    (Slapping palm on forehead) Page 44 point 3 - "press the selector up or down to choose the shutter speed"
    We need a nice facepalm smiley.
    Alpha

The problem with relying on PDF bookmarks - I clicked on the bookmark named "P, A, S, M mode", saw the summary box and thought that was it. Didn't occur to me to scroll... *facepalm*

Doesn't help that my browser crashed trying to load that PDF as well.

When you bought the camera I'm pretty sure there is a hardcopy manual in the box.

One of the things to read before starting photography is to learn exposure, and also your camera manual. Knowing your camera well is 1/3 the equation to good pictures.

Know your camera + Exposure knowledge + location = good picture
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Well, just to share with all my experience.

Last time I read the manual for my Nikon D300 and more than half the time I don't understand what it is talking about.

In shutter or manual mode, sometimes I can turn the dial (if that is the correct term) and the shutter speed will change and sometimes even I turn the dial, the shutter speed don't change at all. I learn from trial and error that you must half-press the trigger in order for the dial to respond. I wonder if this is written in my Nikon D300 manual??? Can those who likes to read manual and always tell people to read manual confirm this?

I say all these to tell the TS to play around with your settings. Sometimes, some things may not be in the manual. What is the worse that can happen? Ditch your camera and switch to Nikon. I can personally go down and teach you how to change the shutter speed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    Well, just to share with all my experience.

Last time I read the manual for my Nikon D300 and more than half the time I don't understand what it is talking about.

In shutter or manual mode, sometimes I can turn the dial (if that is the correct term) and the shutter speed will change and sometimes even I turn the dial, the shutter speed don't change at all. I learn from trial and error that you must half-press the trigger in order for the dial to respond. I wonder if this is written in my Nikon D300 manual??? Can those who likes to read manual and always tell people to read manual confirm this?

I say all these to tell the TS to play around with your settings. Sometimes, some things may not be in the manual. What is the worse that can happen? Ditch your camera and switch to Nikon. I can personally go down and teach you how to change the shutter speed.

I don't like to read manual. But I always tell people to read manual. But what is the right way to read manual? Read it from cover to cover like a novel? No ... You look up sections that you are not clear about. If you are not clear about using the Shutter priority mode, then read up shutter priority mode. Use the Index. Or use the diagram of the camera, you will see arrows with page references. THAT is how you read a manual.

When you turn the dial you are changing parameters. But which parameters are you changing? Which mode are you in? P, S, A, or M? And there are 2 dials. One in front where your index finger rest, and one at the back, there your thumb rests. Which one are you turning?

half press shutter means you activated the metering. And after a few seconds of inactivity on the shutter butter, the meter will go off. You need to half press the shutter again to activate the meter.

Please do not teach anyone how to change shutter speed. Seems like you do not know your basics well enough. Do not go out and teach other people the wrong things. Blind leading the blind and both will drop into longkang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast