Thread: Laos/Thailand or Laos/Vietnam

Default Laos/Thailand or Laos/Vietnam

Hi,

Thinking of traveling in end Nov / early Dec to either Laos / Thailand or Laos / Vietnam. Places intend to visit in Laos are Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Luang Namtha, Muang Sing then cross over by land to either Thailand or Vietnam.

For Thailand, intend to visit Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai before flying back to Singapore.

For Vietnam, intend to visit around the North Western Vietnam before flying back from Hanoi.

Can anyone recommend some travel agencies that have this type of customize itinerary?

Number of person travel likely to be 2 to 4.

Many thanks in advance
    CANON 7D, 70-200 F4 IS L, 17-40 F4 L, 100 F2.8 Macro, 50 F1.8, TAMRON 28-75 F2.8, 580EX

Default Re: Laos/Thailand or Laos/Vietnam

Hi DJ9900,

I have traveled to Thailand many many times. I am from KL, M'sia. I have driving and rode into Southern Thailand and flew into Northern Thailand, Chang Mai. One thing I know for sure Thailand is designed for tourist. You will never be stranded at all in anywhere or no hotel rooms. I usually don't even book online, cos booking online actually cost more b'cos it goes thru an agent in BKK. When you book online you may sometimes land up getting a hotel which not so nice as the one next to it or so. You shud only book a hotel when there is a festival or a public holidays if it co-inside during your travel dates.

If you really need to book you tour, you can do a search in google - travel in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai you can find it all there.
    Also you can do a searh for Vietnam or Laos.

Good luck to your travel.

snaper

There are some small group travel companies such as Intrepid Travel that have lots of itineraries that would suit you.. through Thailand & Laos and/or Vietnam & Laos..

If you are up for a photography trip.. we are going to Laos in September and then northern Vietnam in October.. just check out www.driftphototours.com or send a PM for info..might be a bit early for you though...

All the best.. it's a great part of the world to travel in.

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by snaper View Post
    Hi DJ9900,

I have traveled to Thailand many many times. I am from KL, M'sia. I have driving and rode into Southern Thailand and flew into Northern Thailand, Chang Mai. One thing I know for sure Thailand is designed for tourist. You will never be stranded at all in anywhere or no hotel rooms. I usually don't even book online, cos booking online actually cost more b'cos it goes thru an agent in BKK. When you book online you may sometimes land up getting a hotel which not so nice as the one next to it or so. You shud only book a hotel when there is a festival or a public holidays if it co-inside during your travel dates.

If you really need to book you tour, you can do a search in google - travel in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai you can find it all there.
    Also you can do a searh for Vietnam or Laos.

Good luck to your travel.

snaper
    Thanks for the advice.
    CANON 7D, 70-200 F4 IS L, 17-40 F4 L, 100 F2.8 Macro, 50 F1.8, TAMRON 28-75 F2.8, 580EX