Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 376

Thread: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

  1. #281
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    to bro bertz for ur hard work in consolidating those PMs

    Let me know if u need any help Bro..

    Ya...! Very thorough! Even have homework to do! All will become expert after this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    i be there at 6 as well but might need to leave ard 830 due to another appointment
    Ok bro... someone should be timekeeper...

    < 0630: set-up and TCSS
    0630-0730: Shoot
    0735: Group photo
    0750: Breakfast (at Liang Court?)
    Exploring! :)

  2. #282
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Looks like me and DD will share transportation again ... share a cab

    Want me pick you up or you swing in front? We can always swing each other! Hehehehe!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  3. #283
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Looks like me and DD will share transportation again ... share a cab

    Want me pick you up or you swing in front? We can always swing each other! Hehehehe!
    We'll work it out on friday la.

  4. #284
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    i be there at 6 as well but might need to leave ard 830 due to another appointment
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Ok, will be there at 6am as well... if i don't get lost trying to find the carpark.

    Looking at NNB's picture in the PM, looks like it is important to get a nice spot at the centre of the bridge so that can balance out the composition from left to right?
    Waaa you all go there so early...

  5. #285
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Ya...! Very thorough! Even have homework to do! All will become expert after this!



    Ok bro... someone should be timekeeper...

    < 0630: set-up and TCSS
    0630-0730: Shoot
    0735: Group photo
    0750: Breakfast (at Liang Court?)
    Better to let the newbies get a head start, reading the stuff first, so can digest. So on the actual outing, if have questions can ask right away. The last time at Barrage when I gave a talk on hyperfocal distance, all I see are people returning blank stares to me.

  6. #286

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Better to let the newbies get a head start, reading the stuff first, so can digest. So on the actual outing, if have questions can ask right away. The last time at Barrage when I gave a talk on hyperfocal distance, all I see are people returning blank stares to me.
    lolx.. DD123.. u can change job to be a teacher liao.. join the Photography teaching force..but dun poison ppl when they attend first lesson
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  7. #287
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. DD123.. u can change job to be a teacher liao.. join the Photography teaching force..but dun poison ppl when they attend first lesson
    Actually I am planning to do just that. Starting a photography, videography and 3D modelling/rendering school. It is in the works. i will announce when it happens. I won't be teaching most of the lessons though. I have several partners I am working with. But just in the feasibility stage now. Not sure it will happen for sure... see how lar.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 2nd August 2010 at 08:14 PM.

  8. #288

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually I am planning to do just that. Starting a photography, videography and 3D modelling/rendering school. It is in the works. i will announce when it happens. I won't be teaching most of the lessons though. I have several partners I am working with. But just in the feasibility stage now. Not sure it will happen for sure... see how lar.
    Hahha.. of course la... ONe man show run the whole school is going to be super tiring..
    Besides now market getting hotter with DSLR. Its good to strike it while its hot and establish a name for yourself before others steps in.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  9. #289
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Hahha.. of course la... ONe man show run the whole school is going to be super tiring..
    Besides now market getting hotter with DSLR. Its good to strike it while its hot and establish a name for yourself before others steps in.
    Our focus is not the the normal public market. It will be very specialized. Plus this is not a full time thing. Will only do it on weekends. I am running another business also.

  10. #290

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Our focus is not the the normal public market. It will be very specialized. Plus this is not a full time thing. Will only do it on weekends. I am running another business also.
    oh.. icicx.. wah.. rich rich..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  11. #291
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    oh.. icicx.. wah.. rich rich..
    No la. I very poor one. Just making enough to get by.
    If I rich I will be on FX now, D3s..

  12. #292

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    No la. I very poor one. Just making enough to get by.
    If I rich I will be on FX now, D3s..
    lolx.. no need la.. the equipment u carrying now already so expensive liao..

    I'm not even anywhere near any of what you own
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  13. #293
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. no need la.. the equipment u carrying now already so expensive liao..

    I'm not even anywhere near any of what you own
    Shouldn't compare equipment. Only gear-heads compare equipment There'll always be someone with "better" stuff.
    Ultimately if your equipment gives you the shot you imagined, then be happy with it and enjoy photography.
    Exploring! :)

  14. #294

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Shouldn't compare equipment. Only gear-heads compare equipment There'll always be someone with "better" stuff.
    Ultimately if your equipment gives you the shot you imagined, then be happy with it and enjoy photography.
    lolx.. true.. but sometime skills are not enough.. equipment do play a part in making it happen..
    To me nothing is perfect .. we still need certain things here and there to make it the way we wanted it to be.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  15. #295
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. no need la.. the equipment u carrying now already so expensive liao..

    I'm not even anywhere near any of what you own
    You wanna compare, bring it on
    But I think I can also pride myself on being one of the better BnS stalkers around here. If I post the price I got my camera here, BnS current prices will drop!

  16. #296

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    wa all reaching so early. anyone yew tee/cck area wanna share cab? lol

  17. #297
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. true.. but sometime skills are not enough.. equipment do play a part in making it happen..
    To me nothing is perfect .. we still need certain things here and there to make it the way we wanted it to be.
    There are times I move backwards because I felt I was moving too fast for my own good. Certain software tools, for example, would make some job a lot faster, better. But I prefer to take the manual way, understand the limitations, try to overcome them, then hopefully, be better eventually.

    I did toy with the idea of a FF ($2.5k for a D700? Yeah, I got the offer, didn't take it) and at some point, I probably would. The question to ask then is, have I exhausted the limitations of my current equipment already? Or do I think I have exhausted the limitations of myself (I tend to have more problems believing in the latter)

  18. #298

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You wanna compare, bring it on
    But I think I can also pride myself on being one of the better BnS stalkers around here. If I post the price I got my camera here, BnS current prices will drop!
    lololx.. no need compare.. i throw white towel first.. confirm guarantee chop lose. Dun even need to do anything..

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    There are times I move backwards because I felt I was moving too fast for my own good. Certain software tools, for example, would make some job a lot faster, better. But I prefer to take the manual way, understand the limitations, try to overcome them, then hopefully, be better eventually.

    I did toy with the idea of a FF ($2.5k for a D700? Yeah, I got the offer, didn't take it) and at some point, I probably would. The question to ask then is, have I exhausted the limitations of my current equipment already? Or do I think I have exhausted the limitations of myself (I tend to have more problems believing in the latter)
    lolx.. true.. electronic stuff nowadays are moving too fast liao.. impossible to keep chasing unless loaded with lots of $$.
    But then again, I agree with the fact that we tend not to exhaust what we have and take the easy way out by getting a replacement.. I guess that's human nature ba...
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  19. #299
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lololx.. no need compare.. i throw white towel first.. confirm guarantee chop lose. Dun even need to do anything..


    lolx.. true.. electronic stuff nowadays are moving too fast liao.. impossible to keep chasing unless loaded with lots of $$.
    But then again, I agree with the fact that we tend not to exhaust what we have and take the easy way out by getting a replacement.. I guess that's human nature ba...
    Hard to find people to compare with, especially with my D5000 or the D70 (not even with the "S").

    Not really. I haven't quite figured out which comes first, but group of people one hangs out with generally has a major influence on one (or the other way round, which is, one tends to hang out with people who are similarly in thinking, and that reinforces).

  20. #300

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Hard to find people to compare with, especially with my D5000 or the D70 (not even with the "S").

    Not really. I haven't quite figured out which comes first, but group of people one hangs out with generally has a major influence on one (or the other way round, which is, one tends to hang out with people who are similarly in thinking, and that reinforces).
    haha.. let's not compare camera... let's enjoy each other photos instead.. lolx..

    Its fun to be able to hang out with people who also like the same kinda of hobby like you do. It doesn't matter if he/she is a pro, newbie or what cause ultimately we are all learning sth or end up teaching something directly or indirectly which is not a bad idea.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •