Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Hi Daredevil123,
    Thanks for the reply, yes very much agree with your concept - think and work harder and not spoon fed. But I really don't know what is the standard and your expectation. When i look at Seniors photos, is so good and it really makes me scared. No one in my family knows about photography and i very much depended on self reading and self taught. Parents can only buy the equipment I think I would need. I hope and look forward to join your outings. BTW, thanks for offering the box for me to stand and you are so kind.. I will try my best to do it on my own in all outings. See seniors soon.

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Hello Zerocool,
    No problem, my father will be there..... buy no worries, I can take care of myself during the session and with you guys... Hey !!! seniors can also take care of me what.

Hi Wildcat,
    You are also senior.. no need to guess who.. you can also teach me....

No piggy back !!! My shots will be BLURRRR.............. because you may not be as steady as the tripod....... he...he....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hi Daredevil123,
    Thanks for the reply, yes very much agree with your concept - think and work harder and not spoon fed. But I really don't know what is the standard and your expectation. When i look at Seniors photos, is so good and it really makes me scared. No one in my family knows about photography and i very much depended on self reading and self taught. Parents can only buy the equipment I think I would need. I hope and look forward to join your outings. BTW, thanks for offering the box for me to stand and you are so kind.. I will try my best to do it on my own in all outings. See seniors soon.
    Do not fear la. Most of us started worse off than you. I saw some of your pictures when you first joined CS. Not bad already.

We are not expecting anything from the participating newbies. We are there to share and guide. But it is up the individual to take it to the next level. Some of the "seniors" you see here have not been shooting that long, just a few months, and look at their pictures now. I'll be proud to hang their pictures on my wall already.

Our objective is to share the right techniques and spread the knowledge and joy as others have taught us before. Some of us, especially me, has been shooting lousy pictures for many years, stumbling along the way. Back then, there was no internet, and I was very misguided with my shooting. With these sessions we hope newbies will shorten their learning curve and get encouraged and take their hobby to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

24mm

15mm

24mm

10mm

All shot wide-open to see the worst images the Tamron 10-24mm can produce and whether i'm happy with them. Looking at these, i'm very happy. All are handheld.
    Luckily your lens doesn't go to 9mm
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Do not fear la. Most of us started worse off than you. I saw some of your pictures when you first joined CS. Not bad already.

We are not expecting anything from the participating newbies. We are there to share and guide. But it is up the individual to take it to the next level. Some of the "seniors" you see here have not been shooting that long, just a few months, and look at their pictures now. I'll be proud to hang their pictures on my wall already.

Our objective is to share the right techniques and spread the knowledge and joy as others have taught us before. Some of us, especially me, has been shooting lousy pictures for many years, stumbling along the way. Back then, there was no internet, and I was very misguided with my shooting. With these sessions we hope newbies will shorten their learning curve and get encouraged and take their hobby to the next level.
    well said bro!

We don't discriminate against anyone because of age, gender, height, weight, etc.
    We only discriminate against laziness.
    If you're keen to learn, we will share what we know.
    Exploring! :)

Hi Daredevil123,
    I respect your contribution and sharing your technique and experience with so many newbies and I shall look forward to your next outings. See you soon. Thank you so much for accepting me.

Blog Entries

Hi Daredevil123,
    I respect your contribution and sharing your technique and experience with so many newbies and I shall look forward to your next outings. See you soon. Thank you so much for accepting me.
    Thanks. Actually I am hoping more will step up. But tell you honestly, the more your share, the more you learn as well. As I share more, i realize I learn a lot more as well. It is a 2 way thing.

Hi Wildcat,
    You are also senior.. no need to guess who.. you can also teach me....
    Actually senior is just a term to differentiate those who are like, primary 2 or primary 3, and can teach primary 1. Most of us are still learning. I myself just got my D5000 half a year ago only. Along the way, met these other jokers, studied a lot of photos and methods from forum, books, etc and just wait for more criticism to come and move to the next level.

I also have a lot of things to master. Like hyperfocal distance... until today, I am still using aggaration technique. Will get down to reading that article some day.
    Last edited by wildcat; 1st August 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Link for
    Wow, I'm digging up some really old stuffs that I used to do. Heck, I can't even remember what game that alliance was used for already.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
    Congrats on the new lens!

OK Homework time!
    Wah homework liao.
    エイドリアン-D700|D90|T11-16 f/2.8|S20 f/1.8|35 f/2D|35-70 f/2.8D|50 f/1.4D|85 f/3.5 Micro|70-300VR

All shot wide-open to see the worst images the Tamron 10-24mm can produce and whether i'm happy with them. Looking at these, i'm very happy. All are handheld.
    Wah!!! Congrats man!!! Welcome to the world of wide perspectives! I was away from the PC until now. Good purchase! Btw, I've gotten mine at the same place you went!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Smile Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Actually senior is just a term to differentiate those who are like, primary 2 or primary 3, and can teach primary 1. Most of us are still learning. I myself just got my D5000 half a year ago only. Along the way, met these other jokers, studied a lot of photos and methods from forum, books, etc and just wait for more criticism to come and move to the next level.

I also have a lot of things to master. Like hyperfocal distance... until today, I am still using aggaration technique. Will get down to reading that article some day.
    Hi Wildcat,
    okay I understand. I hope to meet you in one of the outings organize by CS. Hope to learn more from you
    Btw, I just read through hyperfocal but I don't quite understand it. Er..... I think the only way for me to understand is to learn it during outdoor practice. JY!

Hi Wildcat,
    okay I understand. I hope to meet you in one of the outings organize by CS. Hope to learn more from you
    Btw, I just read through hyperfocal but I don't quite understand it. Er..... I think the only way for me to understand is to learn it during outdoor practice. JY!
    Wah! One step at a time my little padawan. To understand hyperfocal distance you must first understand depth of field and aperture. Keep reading but take your time. You have plenty of time to master photography.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Luckily your lens doesn't go to 9mm
    Ya, luckily didn't get the Sigma 8-16mm! Can see much more!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Wah!!! Congrats man!!! Welcome to the world of wide perspectives! I was away from the PC until now. Good purchase! Btw, I've gotten mine at the same place you went!
    Ya, couldn't go for a shoot as it was raining and the weather was dreary anyway. Loving the lens so far.

Smile Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

OK Homework time!
    Done my homework! Only thing don't quite understand is hyperfocal

Wah! One step at a time my little padawan. To understand hyperfocal distance you must first understand depth of field and aperture. Keep reading but take your time. You have plenty of time to master photography.
    Hi Ghaz1,
    DOF and aperture--already understand to some extend. Thanks for the tip.

Done my homework! Only thing don't quite understand is hyperfocal

Hi Ghaz1,
    DOF and aperture--already understand to some extend. Thanks for the tip.
    to your learning attitude man. Hope to see you at the next outing too lol

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast