Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Another kettle
    Don't give him ideas while my ND110 is still on loan to him

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Pot dun call the kettle black.....
    Number one... I already have the same lens he has... Number two, I'm looking for the slotted filter type, not round... Pot? Simi pot?? You slow cooker!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You're still in a dream. Do you need a "kick" to send you back to reality?

Nt need, i dun need.. ur ND110 is in my possession, so tts a reality~!!!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Don't give him ideas while my ND110 is still on loan to him
    Uh-oh... I think he super glued the ND110 to the filter threads liao!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    why not? it is doable la, stitching LE together.
    Well yes and no. I was still happily using the kit 18-105mm for landscape (and all purpose) and I still do. Just a matter of making do with what you have.

If I need cash and decide to sell away the UWA, then I'll just go back to the kit prob will get rid of the ND filters also as prob can't stitch LE shots... or can't I?
    I have a similar thought too... but after been doing stitching for a while.... there are limitations and the results are noticeable dissimilar with a non stitch uwa photo.

1. How to stitch photos with fast moving clouds or other moving objects?
    2. How to stitch photos when the light condition change within minutes?
    3. Perspective distortion most pronounced when the object is really near. How to stitch to over come this?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Number one... I already have the same lens he has... Number two, I'm looking for the slotted filter type, not round... Pot? Simi pot?? You slow cooker!
    OK boys boys... play nice. Nobody is getting the ND110 off my hand.

And I thought Eugene already has a ND110?

How you know??
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

I think he wants to stack it and take a year long photo...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st August 2010 at 12:12 AM.

Dun snatch lah. Someone sell in BNS now

Don't worry lah, I'm just poking fun at Eugene. (Slow cooker you!)

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I have a similar thought too... but after been doing stitching for a while.... there are limitations and the results are noticeable dissimilar with a non stitch uwa photo.

3. Perspective distortion most pronounced when the object is really near. How to stitch to over come this?
    Yesss.... that would be a problem, wouldn't it?

1. Work around the movement? FYI, try to get a clear shot of this in the evening without any boats/lights... (each shot were 20sec long)

2. When I started
    When I ended
    What I ended up with
    (each shot 30sec)

But of course, understanding the limitations of what one has and working around it. If a LE cannot be done, then don't do a LE. Vertically shot quickly, one can get something out... somehow

No lah, I'm just a low wattage bulb

Hope you dun any how poke.

Doable, why nt, if u know what u are doing..

1. Do it fast, clone out unwanted subjects adding little value to ur resulting pic
    2. Same as 1
    3. Correction can always be done post

LE pano stitch of 4 imgs with 15s each (i corrected my perspective correction on the furthest left)
    Last edited by Numnumball; 1st August 2010 at 12:33 AM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Yep, I also agree that having the equipments will make the job easier, but if not, then the idea is work around, or just work within the limitations of what one has.

Yep, I also agree that having the equipments will make the job easier, but if not, then the idea is work around, or just work within the limitations of what one has.
    Me donch understand... you already have a UWA... and you're trying not to use it?

*edit: just realised from another thread that you're the kind that likes to explore. So, please ignore my question.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st August 2010 at 01:14 AM.

Yesss.... that would be a problem, wouldn't it?

1. Work around the movement? FYI, try to get a clear shot of this in the evening without any boats/lights... (each shot were 20sec long)

2. When I started
    When I ended
    What I ended up with
    (each shot 30sec)

But of course, understanding the limitations of what one has and working around it. If a LE cannot be done, then don't do a LE. Vertically shot quickly, one can get something out... somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Doable, why nt, if u know what u are doing..

1. Do it fast, clone out unwanted subjects adding little value to ur resulting pic
    2. Same as 1
    3. Correction can always be done post

LE pano stitch of 4 imgs with 15s each (i corrected my perspective correction on the furthest left)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Work around or work within the limitation.
    I had try stitching the TP railway station shots. I was really close to the building when doing the shots. The result is like using a fisheye lens.... Then I try to correct the perspective tilt in every shots before stitching. Building now looks more properly straight somehow... but no way near a single shot taken straight and far.

I will post both the photos when I can, to let you see.... you will laugh at my first attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Ya bro, been camping for weeks. Now i see only one guy selling a sigma 10-20mm HSM for $650. Might as well top up another $170 for a new Tamron 10-24mm. Lots of sigmas in the past. Supply must be dwindling.
    You must have done quite a bit of research on the third party UWA lens.
    I'm just wondering which UWA is your preference and why?

So far, everyone I talk to, tell me a different story.
    Like Tokina 11-16 is best.... or Tamron 10-24 is better.....
    There isn't really much useful stuff to dig on the internet. Dpreview only did one UWA review.... I have look at photos taken using these lens. Can't tell the difference... probably becos the image size been reduced...

You must have done quite a bit of research on the third party UWA lens.
    I'm just wondering which UWA is your preference and why?

So far, everyone I talk to, tell me a different story.
    Like Tokina 11-16 is best.... or Tamron 10-24 is better.....
    There isn't really much useful stuff to dig on the internet. Dpreview only did one UWA review.... I have look at photos taken using these lens. Can't tell the difference... probably becos the image size been reduced...
    From my research, i'm going after the Tamron 10-24mm because it is a rather fast lens, 3.5 wide open as compared to the Sigma 10-20mm which is f4-5.6. Tests also show the Tamron to have a nearly negligible amount of distortion, less than 2% which is also important for shooting buildings and people. I'll be using the lens extensively for street photography, not just landscape so the range 10-24 is critical as it also includes the sweet spot for that type of photography. I imagine myself carrying just this lens and maybe a small pouch with my 50mm. A nice, versatile combo for street photography.

Actually, several have told me to go with the Sigma instead which has better build and maybe superior optics but in my opinion, you can't really tell unless shooting for huge prints. There's also a review done on the Tamron by Clubsnap! Here it is:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465399

And here's real world shots using the lens:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4710545

The fact that hardly anyone has this lens also appeals to me. I like that unique feeling but also on the other hand, my brain is telling me to be wary. There must be a reason why people are not buying it! But my heart is saying get the lens, it will be a good challenge to use it well and prove its worth in capable hands! Ha... maybe that's also my ego talking!
    Last edited by Ghaz1; 1st August 2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Vision is more important than gear

all the best in your search! Getting it today to bring on 7Aug?
    Exploring! :)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast