Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    OK, you must work for Nikon's marketing department! Certainly very convincing. I've more or less decided on the Tamron without handling it yet mainly because of the price difference. I think it's half the price of the Nikkor? But you've made me think twice. I'll just have to let budget constraits decide the issue it seems.

Hope to see more of your shots with the Nikkor 10-24.
    Actually if you are looking for lenses like the 10-24mm, you need to be prepared to camp for it at BnS section. They don't come as often as the cheaper lenses. Also, most people who have already bought it (like me) don't really find a reason to let it go. I camped for mine for quite a while, and got quite a good 2nd hand deal for it.

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7/8/2010 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Actually if you are looking for lenses like the 10-24mm, you need to be prepared to camp for it at BnS section. They don't come as often as the cheaper lenses. Also, most people who have already bought it (like me) don't really find a reason to let it go. I camped for mine for quite a while, and got quite a good 2nd hand deal for it.
    Ya bro, been camping for weeks. Now i see only one guy selling a sigma 10-20mm HSM for $650. Might as well top up another $170 for a new Tamron 10-24mm. Lots of sigmas in the past. Supply must be dwindling.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Ya bro, been camping for weeks. Now i see only one guy selling a sigma 10-20mm HSM for $650. Might as well top up another $170 for a new Tamron 10-24mm. Lots of sigmas in the past. Supply must be dwindling.
    Ah well.. I must have been lucky then
    So far all my equipments except for my Sigma 50mm, has been 2nd hand.

Blog Entries

Ah well.. I must have been lucky then
    So far all my equipments except for my Sigma 50mm, has been 2nd hand.
    hmmm...

So far all my lenses and cameras are bought new. Just my old Ai Ais lenses are bought 2nd hand (except the ones belonging to my dad).

What to do... I worry too much I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    hmmm...

So far all my lenses and cameras are bought new. Just my old Ai Ais lenses are bought 2nd hand (except the ones belonging to my dad).

What to do... I worry too much I guess..
    I'm el-cheapo mah.. keke. But it help to resell and rebuy things as I need to. Although, most of the time it's just to buy, not to sell. I should empty my cabinet hmm... do I still need this 10-24mm?

I should empty my cabinet hmm... do I still need this 10-24mm?
    I think, you don't need lah! Offer to me at half price can???
    Vision is more important than gear

Exactly laddie, I don't want to wait forever - especially when I'm missing shooting opportunities! Lucky you and too bad for me then , but I'm going to move on and maximise its usage whenever I can. I'm a happy camper with my UWA and no longer need to hunt for a good one (until I go FF)! . I have one more lens to aim for (long zoom), it will take time and I'm not in a hurry... The rest will be in-between fixed focals.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Exactly laddie, I don't want to wait forever - especially when I'm missing shooting opportunities! Lucky you and too bad for me then , but I'm going to move on and maximise its usage whenever I can. I'm a happy camper with my UWA and no longer need to hunt for a good one (until I go FF)! . I have one more lens to aim for (long zoom), it will take time and I'm not in a hurry... The rest will be in-between fixed focals.
    Well yes and no. I was still happily using the kit 18-105mm for landscape (and all purpose) and I still do. Just a matter of making do with what you have.

If I need cash and decide to sell away the UWA, then I'll just go back to the kit prob will get rid of the ND filters also as prob can't stitch LE shots... or can't I?

Blog Entries

Well yes and no. I was still happily using the kit 18-105mm for landscape (and all purpose) and I still do. Just a matter of making do with what you have.

If I need cash and decide to sell away the UWA, then I'll just go back to the kit prob will get rid of the ND filters also as prob can't stitch LE shots... or can't I?
    why not? it is doable la, stitching LE together.

WOw you selling your ND110!!!!!
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Back off!! Y'al hyenas!

Seriously, you're selling your UWA and ND110, Wildcat??

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    why not? it is doable la, stitching LE together.
    Yep it is
    I was posting that not so much as a question, but rather that it is possible if one wants to work around the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Back off!! Y'al hyenas!

Whoaaaa.. okay, I didn't say anything definite. Let's not jump to conclusions here!

Whoaaaa.. okay, I didn't say anything definite. Let's not jump to conclusions here!
    Whadtodo? You're dropping hints off like giant icy golfballs in a hailstorm, naturally peeps get all excited!

Hiya guys, hw's everyone weekend~?~?!
    So damn happy to see my "baby" the 3rd time...

And watched inception today.. no doubt its one damn gd show~!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Saw what John did to the thread "yet again".. tats jus very bad.. Hope that wont dampen we seniors/organisers' mood in trying to do the good for this community...
    My Flickr|My Son

Back off!! Y'al hyenas!

Pot dun call the kettle black.....

Ok, deal, ur ND110 is officially mine.. whats ur bank acc. no?
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    You're still in a dream. Do you need a "kick" to send you back to reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Another kettle

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast