Please post your pictures here
We're back again with... (with a new group name too)
SUN CHASERS SG PRESENTS
--- NEWBIES OUTING (PART 15) ---
Clarke Quay Sunrise
Our objective is to bring the know-how and joy of landscape photography to beginners in photography. We will only open these outings to newbies. Newbies at this outing will be guided by more experienced shooters who will share their knowledge and techniques. They will also try to answer any questions with regards to photography.
Newbies outing started in April 2009 with the 1st outing at the Marina Barrage. Since then, some of the 'pioneer' attendees have become quite prolific photographers. So all in all, a pretty successful group. Started by ZerocoolAstra, now my turn to organize this one.
--------TO SIGN UP COPY FROM HERE---------
== DETAILS: ==
DATE/TIME: 7th August 2010 Saturday morning, 0630 hrs onwards.
LOCATION: Somewhere along Clarke Quay. Exact location will be revealed in PM to those on list, approx a week before the outing.
THINGS TO BRING:
1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.
2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down. If you do not have one, you should buy or borrow one. If you show up without a tripod, seniors will not waste their time guiding you.
Things you may expect to shoot:
1) Interesting structures in Singapore
2) Reflections of lights on water
3) Morning lights
The format will be some "slightly more experienced" (not necessarily expert, or professional) photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.
The ratio of Seniors:Newbies will be about 1:4, up to the maximum as stated.
People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
If you are competent, but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you only put your name down in the "independent shooters" category.
My definition of 'Newbie':
- started photography within the past couple of years.
- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).
My definition of 'Independent Shooter':
- have shot as a Newbie in the past outings
- confident enough to shoot on your own
- must be willing to mingle with others, else you go shoot by yourself, no need to add your name in here.
After shooting for about an hour +, we will break for breakfast, where we will offer a chance for critique of selected shots. This will give people a chance for some immediate feedback into possible 'faults'.
2) james8110's wife
5) weegk (and wife - only 1 camera)
8) dawngel's friend
-----Limited to 10 only-----
Priority given to 1st-timer newbies. I reserve the right to move people out of the newbies list if I deem they are not really that new (i.e. attended a few previous outings. Should have learnt something). If independent list is full, then I'll just kick you out So be warned...
-----Limited to 04 only-----
'Independent Shooters': (Shoot at your own timing)
-----Limited to 05 only-----
THINGS TO DO IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND:
- Please only put your name down if you are quite sure you can make it.
Try not to put your name down then cancel at the last minute. It makes life difficult for me. I like my life to be easy
- Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. Please send me a PM with your mobile number, with the subject "Newbie Outing (Part 15)
- DON'T expand the reserve list beyond 4 people! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.
Rules: Please Read!
1. If you put your name down, you are expected to show up. These outings get packed really quickly and seniors take time to show up to guide you. Show some respect to the seniors and the people on reserve waiting to join. If you sign up and did not turn up without due notice, you will be blacklisted and will be banned from any other of our outings in the future.
2. This is a sign up thread only. Do not discuss anything here. Please check for the LAST POST before signing up. People who do not sign up in the proper manner will have their names removed without notice.
3. We reserve the right to cancel the outing, remove any names from signup, or switch the outing time or location with due notice.
---------------COPY TILL HERE--------------------------------------------
ALL DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO THIS OUTING WILL BE CONDUCTED HERE.
OTHERWISE, THE POST WILL BE CLOSED.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
=====================ATTENDEES PLEASE NOTE===========================
OK Homework time!
Read these topics, that will help you a lot in the coming outing.
Try to apply the concepts in the coming outing.
11 Surefire Landscape Photography Tips
12 Tips for Photographing Stunning Sunsets (Sunrises)
Getting everything into focus (Hyperfocal Distance)
Leveling horizon in complex scenes
Other basic stuff you should also read.