Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you believe everything you read/hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    "If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain" Morpheus

So... what do you believe???

104th: "This beer is 1/2 full of....."
    hehe, just waiting for someone to jump in with a matrix quote.

Lightbulb

Anyone worth his salt will take it with a pinch of salt with what he hears.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    ignorance is bliss

how true the statement, and how much trouble has gotton people into when they seek to pursue the truth and what they believe in.

look at what the world is happening around us, and sometimes even if you know the truth, what can you do to change it?

in this case, being ignorant and indifferent allows you to appreciate the immediate things infront of you.
    ignorance is not always bliss. for example, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    in this case and in my view, being ignorance is not bliss. be in the know and consciously chose to ignore it, is better.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    OT:My dear wolfgang, you think too much
    Of course i do. Why else do you think i'm doing what i'm doing?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Of course i do. Why else do you think i'm doing what i'm doing?
    Urm... taking a break and having a kit kat?

Deregistered

Good example would be history books, who really saw the merlion and why did it disappear when Sir Raffles saw it? Who can prove it exists? Myths & legends?? I think these history books were created to give us more homework, so should we believe everything we see/hear?

I can't believe I am reading this C--p.

Ignorance is indeed bliss for some.

Look at the villagers in Nepal, the people in Pakistan, and you understand why they are so happy despite many troubles around them.

We are a nation and a society shaped by the media and all the tonnes of stuff that we read. Of course its depressing, with world coming to an end wth China's rising pollutions, oil prices increasing, Middle east coming to a tense stand still, America in chaos, Africa still okay lah, Kilimanjaro's ice caps melting within the next 30 years.

If you are an Indian farmer waiting for the next rain to come so your crops can grow, isn't that just one worry on your mind?

ignorance is not always bliss. for example, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    in this case and in my view, being ignorance is not bliss. be in the know and consciously chose to ignore it, is better.
    hmmm... i do agree with you to some extent, but I also feel thats imposing your standards on others, which i am also guilty of.

I am only airing my viewpoint. How can it be read as 'imposing .... on others' ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123