10 7.19%
  • Auto

6 4.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which mode do you most use?

Default Re: Which mode do you most use?

Am permanently hooked on M. Never used anything else before

On Manual, do you guys spend more time metering using Auto/Program mode first, then manually setting the shutter and aperture? Cos I find it quite time consuming, and adjusting it to suit my taste.
    Worst is after taking the photo, you moved on, and there's a shot you want to take, and snap - turn out to be under/over exposed cos of the manual mode...
    Is this a common experience?

Quote Originally Posted by wave125s View Post
    On Manual, do you guys spend more time metering using Auto/Program mode first, then manually setting the shutter and aperture? Cos I find it quite time consuming, and adjusting it to suit my taste.
    Worst is after taking the photo, you moved on, and there's a shot you want to take, and snap - turn out to be under/over exposed cos of the manual mode...
    annoying? yes. but as with all other modes i usually find myself either changing Ev or shutter speed so in the end die die muz change some setting when ur conditions change
    Canon 550D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 HSM OS | 50mm f1.8 II | 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS | Di622 | BP-550D

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Aperture priority : Potrait and Cityscape, Daytime Shoot
    Shutter priority: Sports
    Aperture priority or Manual : Landscape
    Manual : Macro and Night Shoot
    agreed! depends on what I'm shooting! (:
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

i am on auto mode all the time. so easy to use. dont need to use brains.

Quote Originally Posted by wave125s View Post
    Haha thats why using Av or Tv/S is better if your settings constantly change. But if you want like specific settings, and can afford the time, manual is good (:
    -YANLING :)-
    Flickr

on P mode but im a beginner so im playing around with those modes and see the differences

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123